fishing

Kbear

May 28, 2020
The introduction of trinkets provided a boost to fishing in game, however the attraction dropped off once it was realised the value of cuprum amulets was low. Nowdays people still fish but the numbers are down as it's not very profitable. The mechanics are well done but as per Favonius Cornelius's post it requires much focus. The inability to buy strong lines and bigger hooks in towns is a major drawback. I found that the cost of fishing was higher than the reward when I was levelling up and refining my technique.

I expect a boost in popularity when rings can be caught.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Have any great fishermen here catched a trinket gold +? It’s copper and silver only right? 🤔

Kbear

May 28, 2020
The best I've caught is a silver with amethyst and I've probably collected 50 or so. I have seen someone post and image of a Silver with a ruber collected whilst fishing although that would be extrememly rare.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
How is it useless? Currently the only way to get Pansar, Leptoid, Placoid, Ganoid scales.

Only way to get crazy good nourishment food.

Easy farm for trinkets.

Good gold, etc.
They are unique resources for sure but doesn't meant they are useful or worth while. Leptoid and placoid scales only sell for about 100g a stack but don't sell very well. Ganoid is a money maker because it's good for mage armor but time consuming. Pansar scales are really good for their weight and are nearly worth 1g per scale but very very time consuming to get and doesn't sell very often. And then 2-3 other fish worth catching to sell to players. Each fish fish going from 100g per stack to 300g per stack. So very volatile market.

Noznam

May 18, 2022
Have any great fishermen here catched a trinket gold +? It’s copper and silver only right? 🤔

1x Gold with Coral
1x Silver with Topaz

Out of Thousands and Thousands of Catches

Every other was either Cuprum or Silver with Coral or Amethyst

D

Deleted member 44

1x Gold with Coral
1x Silver with Topaz

Out of Thousands and Thousands of Catches

Every other was either Cuprum or Silver with Coral or Amethyst
If this is true that is amazing.