Fishing nerfs took the wrong approach to address excessive income

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
Fishing still makes butt loads of money and gives access to heavy carapace.
at the moment it's a boring and unrewarding system. The extreme rng makes it tedious and downright unhealthy (carpel tunnel is only thing it seems im going to catch), lower gold payouts per gram of fish would have been the better option. Hopefully SV will see the error of their ways and rebalance to something that'll make fishing engaging again..

Caroen

Mar 14, 2022
at the moment it's a boring and unrewarding system. The extreme rng makes it tedious and downright unhealthy (carpel tunnel is only thing it seems im going to catch), lower gold payouts per gram of fish would have been the better option. Hopefully SV will see the error of their ways and rebalance to something that'll make fishing engaging again..
No they just dont care anymore. After 100+hours of collecting data regarding fishing. It is mostly RNG. Its bad... really really bad.

SauceBoss

Mar 16, 2022
Fishing is pretty solid if you’re doing it right. The RNG is minor and not that crazy like everyone is making it out to be. Depending on what you’re trying to catch (bait/hook/depth) determines what’s available in the potential catch options. If you seem to be getting many different things with the setup you are using, change it up and find something else. You may still be able to catch what you’re trying to catch but lower the total catchable options in the availability pool.
My personal experience from what I fish for gives me a total of 4 outcomes. 2 of those outcomes are what I’m fishing for, 2 are generally not what I’m fishing for.
Typical 1 hour of not being distracted will net anywhere from 90-150g.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Fishing is pretty solid if you’re doing it right. The RNG is minor and not that crazy like everyone is making it out to be. Depending on what you’re trying to catch (bait/hook/depth) determines what’s available in the potential catch options. If you seem to be getting many different things with the setup you are using, change it up and find something else. You may still be able to catch what you’re trying to catch but lower the total catchable options in the availability pool.
My personal experience from what I fish for gives me a total of 4 outcomes. 2 of those outcomes are what I’m fishing for, 2 are generally not what I’m fishing for.
Typical 1 hour of not being distracted will net anywhere from 90-150g.
Ok now go do that somewhere that isn't toxai or meduli and try to catch fish you don't know the setup for. Once you understand a fish's setup things aren't so bad, sure, but the amount of time and bullcrap you have to invest just to test a singular area with all sorts of bait, depth, time, weather, and hook size is ridiculous. These people are either getting lucky, using MO1 setups that worked and were not spread around, or spending hundreds of hours testing various locations with the above factors.

Oh and don't forget that there are constantly people roaming around trying to kill you outside of town. You may have alts right now to relieve some of the pressure, but those won't last forever.