Fish encyclopedia

Cddizzym

Aug 28, 2021
I would not recommend using 50+ hooks for trying to get them. So far 50+ hooks only seem to catch certain fish/pulling turtles.

I would recommend using larger hooks and deep see fish for them.

Trust me, Sandrays are around but after doing 200+ catches I only got them 4 times.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i didn't see a update for fishing ( let's be fair i'm waiting for the real opening so i'm not playing anymore )

what are the fish used for ? only cooking ?

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
i didn't see a update for fishing ( let's be fair i'm waiting for the real opening so i'm not playing anymore )

what are the fish used for ? only cooking ?
Calxfish Is good for dh potions
Laake for leptoid scales , light armor
Gutta for carapace , armor
Ecc

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
all the deep seems to give me is turtles, i remember at least one of the rays used to be available on the west coast in mo1, or maybe i'm just mis remembering

-barcode
By "Deep Sea" Do you guys mean the jungle and going to as many Crab Islands as you can to get as far out as possible?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Is Fishing a good way to make money? I remember In MO1 fishing Crabs you could Vendor them for like 100g

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
s1.png

Bait used is in the inventory. Was fishing on the jungle island, but i dont think location matters for this one, might be wrong. Seems like a decent way to make money, if you have strong line.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I have cought 3 Sandrays but all by chance I think. The Placoid scales don't seem to be very good but decent and light weight

Moon cup:
Time: night - early morning. 400cm, 5 hook, Jadeite bait.

Black Whisker fish:
Time: 24:00 - 06:00. 500cm, 50/100 hook, Herbeus bait

Brown Nuurok:
anytime? 200cm, 5/1/.02 hook, Canna

Labrum:
anytime? 500cm, 5 hook, Herbeus (this one isnt 100%)

Lesser Thalassa Snake:
anytime? 404cm. 10/5 hook, leptiod scales

Blue Sorex:
Anytime? 500cm. 5 hook. leptiod scales (will get snakes and blue sorex not 100%)

Water Scorpion:
anytime? close to the bottom. ,5 hook (i think) maybe 1 hook. keeled scales. not 100% but a good chance

Ventriosus:
daytime - hit the bottom around 1850cm, 10 hook, Cristula. high chance

Last edited:

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
all the deep seems to give me is turtles, i remember at least one of the rays used to be available on the west coast in mo1, or maybe i'm just mis remembering

-barcode

Fishing with a 100/50 hook 1100cm or deeper will almost always be a turtle. I haven't tried every bait because dealing with turtles is time consuming. And in the early morning you get the black whisker fish as well but that's van be done at lower depths

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Black wiskerfish? Interesting! That sounds new for Myrland.

For sand ray, it’sprobably best with strong line and size 10 below 2000. I have not been able to test this fully yet but in Starvault’s racist hate against the peoples of westcoast of Myrland, I think they gutted the rate of sand ray. You can catch them in great quantities in the southern seas I can confirm.

If you want to make money with fishing you have to resign yourself to:

1. Selling alchemists Calxfish,

2. Owning the MK bottleneck, the local keeps, the rare ores to the north, the Blackwood and more, then you also get to fish for venom cup and silk ray which will make you real money, because as Starvault reinforces a ‘winner take ALL’ philosophy for its games

3. Fish far to the south in extreme isolation for sand ray and blood kua, while you dodge the twitchy gankers of jungle camp. Good luck!

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
After adjusting my approach and testing, I basically agree with what people have pointed out previously on what needs to change:

1. the reel in time for a variety of fish needs to be shortened. I get needing to take your time for bigger and stronger fish, but the reel time needs to be seriously shortened for everything else. It’s just too much to take all that time to only pull out a trudis.

2. lack of feedback on what’s going on with your line is straining, and it’s hard to see the bend on the top of your line. My best guess is give text feedback like in MO1 or make the rod bending more obvious. It’s really hard on those stormy nights.

3. I don’t know why catch sizes for average stuff was completely gutted from MO1 levels with no price adjustments. It was already a dire situation for fishing in late MO1 after price cuts, line breaks, and reduced rates. Now it’s reached the point of absurdity. Either increase catch size or cost of fish and meat products. There are no dyes, there is no sophistication, and in so doing, fishing has 50% of its MO1 purpose removed without enhancement in other areas. I ask again, what’s the point of fishing at all?

No other trade in the whole game seems tosuffer from the number of limitations strapped onto it quite like fishing.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
After adjusting my approach and testing, I basically agree with what people have pointed out previously on what needs to change:

1. the reel in time for a variety of fish needs to be shortened. I get needing to take your time for bigger and stronger fish, but the reel time needs to be seriously shortened for everything else. It’s just too much to take all that time to only pull out a trudis.

2. lack of feedback on what’s going on with your line is straining, and it’s hard to see the bend on the top of your line. My best guess is give text feedback like in MO1 or make the rod bending more obvious. It’s really hard on those stormy nights.

3. I don’t know why catch sizes for average stuff was completely gutted from MO1 levels with no price adjustments. It was already a dire situation for fishing in late MO1 after price cuts, line breaks, and reduced rates. Now it’s reached the point of absurdity. Either increase catch size or cost of fish and meat products. There are no dyes, there is no sophistication, and in so doing, fishing has 50% of its MO1 purpose removed without enhancement in other areas. I ask again, what’s the point of fishing at all?

No other trade in the whole game seems tosuffer from the number of limitations strapped onto it quite like fishing.

It does feel bad when you deep see fish with a 2.5 - 3 minute reel in time to just get a 50 unit Gutta or Trudis. Would be nice if these more common fish has a faster reel in rate or something I don't know. Maybe make the pole dip for a nibble different (weaker dip) for the common fish and heavy for a more rare fish so you can set the hook then. But all and all I am enjoying my time fishing

Reactions: johnnyomm55

arst1

Mar 27, 2021
3. Fish far to the south in extreme isolation for sand ray and blood kua, while you dodge the twitchy gankers of jungle camp. Good luck

You found the Blood Kua.
I've been fishing in different waters for 10 hours and can't find it.
Icarus give you the location from the Black wiskerfish

Last edited:

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
CKPx6fd.jpg

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
How long does it usually takes to catch something other than common stuff like herberus etc? I usually give up after like 5 minutes of nothing biting. Maybe that's the reason i didn't catch anything cool yet.

Last edited:

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Found a Brown Clam haven lol. This is the results of a max depth of about 382 (the lowest i could get), but was fishing at 300 most of the time since it didn't seem to matter. All the baits that worked (so far) - Compact Horn, Horn, Herbeus, Ventriosus, Gutta, and even Brown Clam itself... all yielded Brown Clam lol.

Attachments

• Mortal Online 2   12_29_2021 3_53_30 PM.png
    Mortal Online 2 12_29_2021 3_53_30 PM.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 197