Feedback- How to check Ping with ease! -Poll update-

Where do you land?

• Total voters

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Just a simple quick guide on checking your avg ping with the MO2 server. I had to move this into feedback/suggestions because of forums not allowing polls in guides section.

Yes there is lots of way to do this. The easiest way I have found ping for MO2 without a long process is. Once you have gotten your ping, please join the poll so we can help SV get a gist of the players ping. Hopefully this will help them out in some way as well as everyone just joining MO for the first time.

*Edit: Have game loaded and in background when testing for ping *

Step 1: Open Command Prompt.

Step 2: Type in- ping 51.89.234.64 and press enter. ( You can copy / paste )

Step 3: Wait for results.

That's it folks!
-Phen (158-163ms)

P.S. - * If your on the edge of a selection pick the higher of numbers. Rather think worse case then best case with latency.*

D

Dracu

Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 34ms, middleValue= 32ms
gimme that 18 ping bambal!!

• Love
Reactions: Bambal

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Average 26, min 24 and max 33. Interesting would be a long test e.g. with: ping -n 1000 51.89.234.64
Germany.

Bonii

Jun 8, 2020
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 6ms

I guess the server being 15 mins down the road is a true advantage.

• Wow
Reactions: Rolufe and Dracu

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 6ms

I guess the server being 15 mins down the road is a true advantage.

damn i think you beat TY who is also down the road from the server! Congratz i think your the new server room guy!

quietdoom86

Sep 18, 2020
90ms east coast america

how will 90ms affect pvp, is 90ms high? i know the server is pretty far away from me. also with a big server load (down the road) would my ping be significantly higher ? sorry , i know its some noob questions

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
90ms east coast america

how will 90ms affect pvp, is 90ms high? i know the server is pretty far away from me. also with a big server load (down the road) would my ping be significantly higher ? sorry , i know its some noob questions

you should be fine, slight delay but nothing that should bother how it all plays for you. I would assume that to be the " sweet spot" of the ping numbers.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah not going back to Kona for gaming purposes! lol
but i do miss the ocean though
Hawaii got one of the best waves for surfing. I guess I would not play MO2 if I'd live there.
Instead I live in Germany and need to travel roughly 1000km to France West Coast to surf. :(

Reactions: Jhackman

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
Hawaii got one of the best waves for surfing. I guess I would not play MO2 if I'd live there.
Instead I live in Germany and need to travel roughly 1000km to France West Coast to surf. :(
Yeah its hard not to love it here. I just need something to keep me out of trouble at night lol.

Reactions: Phen

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
But you have some good rivers? ?