Feedback- How to check Ping with ease! -Poll update-

Where do you land?

• Total voters

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
min 35 ms , max 114 ms, med 71 ms. Italy

EDIT: right now : min 59ms, max 89ms, med 73ms.
on a Windows box try "ping -t 51.89.234.64" and see if those numbers stabilize. -t just keeps it rolling.

I'm West Coast, NA, fiber to house, good ISP, and 137-138 ping every time I check.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Someone enlight me, I understand that the lower the better but what is the "Ping" and how influence the game playing? Also fps?
Thank you

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Someone enlight me, I understand that the lower the better but what is the "Ping" and how influence the game playing? Also fps?
Thank you

A "ping" is the amount of time it takes for you to send a signal to a remote computer and get a response back.

For online games that means it is a general measure of how long it takes the remote server and your computer to communicate.

This is the most common definition of lag if you have very high ping to remote computer. Essentially you might see other players floating or continuing to move in a direction because you are not getting a prompt response back from the computer or you might execute a command and the server doesn't receive it for a while so that you don't move out of the way of an attack for example.

FPS stands for frames per second which is instead a measure of quickly your local computer is able to display the games graphics and is based on your computer's power.

Bad ping (lag) but good fps would have the game graphics being smooth but you would see other players jumping around or your commands being delayed.

Good ping but bad fps would have the games graphics being choppy or slow but players and commands would be responsive.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Sydney, NSW

Ping statistics for 51.89.234.64:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 300ms, Maximum = 312ms, Average = 303ms

Reactions: Rats

Rats

Jan 12, 2022
Minimum = 318ms, Maximum = 319ms, Average = 318ms.

Totally unplayable for us Aussies.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Not saying I'd ever be competitive but its still completely possible to have a ton of fun here - it feels way more responsive than mo1 imo