Feedback housing system.

Is the ability to set a spawn in your house necessary before TC patch?

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on how the system works.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
After buying what ever allows you to rez for your house make it a 10 to 15 min cool down. Solves the issue of people harrassing you.

Came here basically to comment this. Put a cost on it if it has to be balanced but give the respawn a decent timer like 30 minutes and potentially have it replace your home priest. My biggest concern would be people using a mix of home priest + house respawns to basically teleport around the map. Could be solved by having your house overide this.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
A big part of solving this problem is to make people who get sick of overcrowded towns spread out by building houses. This requires that houses provide all the services that a town provides, or you will force players into the towns despite owning a house. They need to butcher, extract, craft, cook, sell items to vendors for gold etc.
This. I was asking for more survival mechanics a while back. A area MO always lacked is that you need a workbench to do anything. You shouldn't have to have a workbench for most things, it should just help.

And adding workbenches isnt really the solution, its just a bandaid that MO does to have a fake survival system. You cant build a house in the wild. You still need towns. A full red character who wants to live in the wild cant.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
This. I was asking for more survival mechanics a while back. A area MO always lacked is that you need a workbench to do anything. You shouldn't have to have a workbench for most things, it should just help.

And adding workbenches isnt really the solution, its just a bandaid that MO does to have a fake survival system. You cant build a house in the wild. You still need towns. A full red character who wants to live in the wild cant.
How cant you build a house in the wild?

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade

What are you on about? Plenty of red guilds lived out of their houses in MO1 myself included.

agui

May 31, 2020
I'm not sure I support this. See my other post about ways this can be easily abused. All it takes is a couple nerds that build their house near dungeons and fill their chests with trash weapons to naked rush over and over to try and kill horses of dungeon groups. This kind of 0 risk gameplay is not healthy.

If you estabilish a number of times a priest can be used by a time... maybe

Dayde

Jul 31, 2020
I voted yes, but I would happily trade having a few more priests in the wild instead of being able to rezz in a house without using a priest. In MO1, I built my houses out of the way, but near-ish to a priest. For instance, I still have a house standing in the hills E of Bakti next to the mogul cave, and I have two options to rezz.. Bakti, or the priest to the NE at the rivers edge. Yes, if you die near your house, it was a slight pain, but not really since there were more priests around the world than in MO2 currently. For the ability to rezz in your house to make sense, I think it needs to be limited to the owner (and co-owners), has to be set as your home so you can't priest hop effectively, have a 15min cooldown, and possibly even use normal spiritism rezz mats (can be consumed from house chests). Whatever happens with this proposed mechanic, it either needs to be vetted out enough that it can be left in permanently or not be added at all.

EDIT:
As far as the priests, we really aren't missing that many in MO2. The red priests are closer to the towns than before, and we are missing a few in places like in the Jungle (1 in jungle camp and 1 near the Hunter Lykiators). That is probably the biggest pain, since death in the Jungle means you have 1 priest to use if you want to try to recover your items.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
How cant you build a house in the wild?
What are you on about? Plenty of red guilds lived out of their houses in MO1 myself included.
What I mean is a full red on its own cant just start building a house like in a normal survival game. You need to get the deeds. Unless MO2 did it significantly differently. In MO1 this would usually always be blue alts, that are using towns. If you are 1 single character thats negative standing in all towns, you cant just go buy blueprints. You may be able to go to a red town and buy them. Which may or may not be an excessively long journey. And to get the deeds you need gold. Which you need to use vendors to get. Which you also cant do living out in the wilderness if you don't already have vendors.

So my main point was that living in the wilderness in MO is a really underwhelming experience if you dont have everything built before you are red (if you are solo). What do you do if you are solo and all your stuff gets blown up, or decays while your unsubbed taking a break? You cant just cut some wood and build a new house. Everything still heavily relies on NPC towns.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Definitely need more red towns, one in the south, for sure. And more priests everywhere.

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade
What I mean is a full red on its own cant just start building a house like in a normal survival game. You need to get the deeds. Unless MO2 did it significantly differently. In MO1 this would usually always be blue alts, that are using towns. If you are 1 single character thats negative standing in all towns, you cant just go buy blueprints. You may be able to go to a red town and buy them. Which may or may not be an excessively long journey. And to get the deeds you need gold. Which you need to use vendors to get. Which you also cant do living out in the wilderness if you don't already have vendors.

So my main point was that living in the wilderness in MO is a really underwhelming experience if you dont have everything built before you are red (if you are solo). What do you do if you are solo and all your stuff gets blown up, or decays while your unsubbed taking a break? You cant just cut some wood and build a new house. Everything still heavily relies on NPC towns.

Dude, you said it yourself. If you choose to get low standing with every single faction, use unguarded towns. They have all the NPCs you need. Or you could farm your standing right back up with a faction. Or you could not ruin your standing in the first place. You know perfectly well that its not an issue.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Dude, you said it yourself. If you choose to get low standing with every single faction, use unguarded towns. They have all the NPCs you need. Or you could farm your standing right back up with a faction. Or you could not ruin your standing in the first place. You know perfectly well that its not an issue.
Well, can't farm standing anymore. If you had negative rep when they suddenly changed it with no warning, you are out of luck.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I am not agreeing with or commenting on the post you quoted, just pointing out the changes.