Feedback housing system.

Is the ability to set a spawn in your house necessary before TC patch?

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on how the system works.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
So i know Henrik has been talking about that we are getting the ability to have a priest or similar to spawn in your house when TC patch hits.
This patch is for the moment unkown to the community when it's done, but most likely 1-2 months post launch, which is OK.
But i think ( and many others in the community) that the ability to set your spawn in your home should be prioritzed, just like the ability to resurrect players was before the rest of the spiritism school was implemented.

If this is not added before launch i think it will hurt solo players or players that want to live in the middle of nowhere, now imagine you do that and can't set spawn in your home. You live in the jungle, you die. You have to ghost back to nearest priest(which i think is jungle camp) then you have to walk back to your house, which is a huge timesink and depending how far off in the woods you live, this could easily be 1-2 hours or maybe more of just geting on track with what you were doing. Which imo maybe isnt the greatest gameplay loop.

Not having the ability to spawn in your house may cause the issue of people building close to towns aswell, which will make it overcrowded and tank performance close to towns since players wont spread out because they want to stay close to a priest.
So with that said i think( if it dosent break SV current dev scheduele) implement the following
NOTE: This is mainly thought of as a placeholder system until TC arrives,
  • Instead of priest, maybe an artifact/altar/statue where you ressurect at, since this takes less space in the house.
  • This statue should be breakable, so if you get the key to a players house, you can destroy it and the player have to build/purchase another one.
  • To avoid people abusing this mechanic( guilds building houses everywhere to spawn with their entire guild and wreck stuff) a player can only set either their home as "home priest" or at a priest in the world, but not both.
  • Only the owner of the house can set their spawn in the house.
  • And you cant set someone elses house as home priest.
  • Keeps and strongholds which is for bigger guilds can have more players spawn there. Since keeps is fixed place and strongholds expensive to build..
  • Maybe make that the amount of people that can spawn in a house scalable, so 1 player can spawn in a tier 1 house, 2 players in tier 2 etc... Was mainly a thing i was thinking about for the smaller groups / guilds.
  • EDIT: Or just spawn at a player's bed with a cooldown. This way, players need to be assigned individual beds within houses, strongholds and keeps, giving more reason to use them for both individuals, groups and guilds.
This is just my thoughts from watching streams and tinkering around a bit myself with the housing system.
Feel free to discuss and point out any holes in this system.

PS: Sebastian said he could do some sort of spawn system in houses in 30 min. ( sorry seb)
Screenshot_20211204-163128.png

Last edited:

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Or just spawn at a player's bed with a cooldown. This way, players need to be assigned individual beds within houses, strongholds and keeps, giving more reason to use them for both individuals, groups and guilds.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Or just spawn at a player's bed with a cooldown. This way, players need to be assigned individual beds within houses, strongholds and keeps, giving more reason to use them for both individuals, groups and guilds.
Yes something like this could def work aswell. Will add that.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It would both help and hurt. Maybe have a cool down on the priest and only rezzes that person and people they set it to rez.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Many more priests in the world would be better.
Game needs both. I always hated when I would have a house and had to spawn at the nearest priest around and walk my naked ass to my house. And having a Tc priest took way more upkeep. Guilds should need to have a priest, but for solo players who are only spawning 1 character at the house, I think being able to res at a house statue or something would be a good add on.

Reactions: agui

Xexorian

Apr 26, 2021
I hope they add just the facilities to housing along with this; give us the workbenches from the towns and let us place those and a banker and/or beds/personal priests first, everything else can come later. just my opinion on the matter. We can get the auto miner building, farm plots, tables, chairs, etc. all of that later, even the placeables like mobile crusher or campfires can come at a later time, along with the resting by campfires increasing the speed at which you regen, which will also give the town campfires such as bakti's more purpose.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I'm not sure I support this. See my other post about ways this can be easily abused. All it takes is a couple nerds that build their house near dungeons and fill their chests with trash weapons to naked rush over and over to try and kill horses of dungeon groups. This kind of 0 risk gameplay is not healthy.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
I'm not sure I support this. See my other post about ways this can be easily abused. All it takes is a couple nerds that build their house near dungeons and fill their chests with trash weapons to naked rush over and over to try and kill horses of dungeon groups. This kind of 0 risk gameplay is not healthy.
Ofc stuff like this is a risk.
But i personally think it would do more good than harm since there is alot more legit players in the game than shitters.
But it's a fair point you have.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
It would probably need some cooldown or other mechanic to prevent infinite and immediate respawns (death sickness is too short).

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Not that I would not welcome some type of home spawn.

But, I answered no because I do not think it is necessary before the TC patch.

It is quite natural for people to settle near cities and such for the very reasons you describe.

Having the players concentrated in this way is probably not really a bad thing either.

Players can still choose to live out in the middle of no where. But they should expect that some things will be harder there.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021

It is quite natural for people to settle near cities and such for the very reasons you describe.

Having the players concentrated in this way is probably not really a bad thing either.

Players can still choose to live out in the middle of no where. But they should expect that some things will be harder there.
I get that. But performance will 1000 % tank at launch since everyone will be concetrated around cities then.
This game will most likely have between 5000-10000 cocurrent players at launch. Simply having majority of the pop close to cities wont cut it in terms of performance.

Also the fun game play of finding this random guy in the mountians crafting wooden swords or something, wont prob be there.
So adventure out in the world is going to be pretty boring without people in it.

Reactions: Tehmudjin

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade
The ability to ress in your house is not nearly as important as being able to place workbenches. Right now a house is just a box with a chest. You cant live out of a house yet. I will tell you why this is a huge threat to the early success of the game.

There is a great interest for MO2 on Steam. SV reports an income of 1,8M SEK (over 200k USD) in sales since the game was made available for pre-purchase. deviding by the cost of the game, thats over 5k copies sold. Take into account that many of those were sold through Steam, who takes a 30% cut, and the real number is likely closer to 7k or above.

It is not unrealistic to expect nearly all of those players wanting to play simultainiously during release. And even after all hype has cooled down, a regular day could see well over 50% of the player base logging in av average day. Where are these 5000 players going to live? We have nine guarded towns. If perfectly spread out, that makes it 555 players per town. Can you imagine 500 players trying to use the bank at the same time?

A big part of solving this problem is to make people who get sick of overcrowded towns spread out by building houses. This requires that houses provide all the services that a town provides, or you will force players into the towns despite owning a house. They need to butcher, extract, craft, cook, sell items to vendors for gold etc.

Forget the stress test results. Without the possibility to live out of player made houses, the overcrowded towns will but a swift end to player population long before any servers are feeling any stress.

EDIT: I just got it confirmed that workbenches are planned before release. I always assumed it would be, but now its confirmed.

Last edited:

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
The ability to ress in your house is not nearly as important as being able to place workbenches. Right now a house is just a box with a chest. You cant live out of a house yet. I will tell you why this is a huge threat to the early success of the game.

There is a great interest for MO2 on Steam. SV reports an income of 1,8M SEK (over 200k USD) in sales since the game was made available for pre-purchase. deviding by the cost of the game, thats over 5k copies sold. Take into account that many of those were sold through Steam, who takes a 30% cut, and the real number is likely closer to 7k or above.

It is not unrealistic to expect nearly all of those players wanting to play simultainiously during release. And even after all hype has cooled down, a regular day could see well over 50% of the player base logging in av average day. Where are these 5000 players going to live? We have nine guarded towns. If perfectly spread out, that makes it 555 players per town. Can you imagine 500 players trying to use the bank at the same time?

A big part of solving this problem is to make people who get sick of overcrowded towns spread out by building houses. This requires that houses provide all the services that a town provides, or you will force players into the towns despite owning a house. They need to butcher, extract, craft, cook, sell items to vendors for gold etc.

Forget the stress test results. Without the possibility to live out of player made houses, the overcrowded towns will but a swift end to player population long before any servers are feeling any stress.
Worckbenches are confirmed that its coming with furniture patch that is prob coming in 2-4, weeks. So thats nice.
But i agree with what your are saying.

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020

Yeah its true live in middle of nowhere should be harder. But im disagree with you about to wait until the TC patch. For now, its useless to have a stonghold or house except for testing the game. We clearly need a permission system friend/clan to open/close door and use the unique chest ^^
Im agree with this idea to have a statue tu build or something hard to get to be able to raise but only for stronghold

Tzone

May 16, 2021
After buying what ever allows you to rez for your house make it a 10 to 15 min cool down. Solves the issue of people harrassing you.

Reactions: Evelyn

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I get that. But performance will 1000 % tank at launch since everyone will be concetrated around cities then.
This game will most likely have between 5000-10000 cocurrent players at launch. Simply having majority of the pop close to cities wont cut it in terms of performance.

Also the fun game play of finding this random guy in the mountians crafting wooden swords or something, wont prob be there.
So adventure out in the world is going to be pretty boring without people in it.

Yeah, at release it will be a madhouse with everyone trying to log in at once. But that is true with most steam releases.

Though houses won't intially help here as it will take time for players to gather gold and resources to build one.

Many may choose to build as close to town as possible no matter what. While others will accept a little inconvenience to live farther away from others.

I personally will find my own space out of the way but still somewhat close to a town regardless.

Reactions: Najwalaylah