Extraction Timers

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Please add mini games for handling the different machines. Reduce timer segnificantly, cap it at like 60 secounds.
Minigame should be optional to speed up the process/get better yield.
Waiting for a timer is literally the worst gameplay in the world.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Solid idea.
I would like to see something in place to stop players from having end game mats inside the first few weeks of persistent release though.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
If they can get it to work I wouldn't mind it.

I agree the timer should be capped at 60 seconds. I would rather run back and fourth more often than be forced to sit 5 minutes to stare at the crusher/grinder.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Reduce timer segnificantly, cap it at like 60 secounds.

Yes, plsss! Long Timers are boring, shitty gameplay, that makes people question why they even play/pay for this game.

Maybe have long timers for T3 extraction, i would be fine with that. But crushing a stack of rock for 6 minutes? When you need to do like 26 stacks to get anything worthwile out of it? Pls no

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I agree that the long timers are inconvenient and boring. I understand though, that the timers are what keep the flow of resources slowed. Without the timers metal will be cheap and ubiquitous and it will affect everything. Remember the first tc mines and how they changed the economy and pvp?
I would rather not have to play silly mini games while extracting, either.
I do hope they bring back portable devices and the que.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Could just lower the yields to compensate for the lower extraction timers. For me it's worth having to run back and fourth more often than stand and look at a timer for several minutes, being active makes it less boring.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
I agree that the long timers are inconvenient and boring. I understand though, that the timers are what keep the flow of resources slowed. Without the timers metal will be cheap and ubiquitous and it will affect everything. Remember the first tc mines and how they changed the economy and pvp?
I would rather not have to play silly mini games while extracting, either.
I do hope they bring back portable devices and the que.
They could just reduce the amount of ore you get from mining but i doubt we will ever be flooded with high quality metal cause even with reduced timers its still a very tedious task to get everything together for T3 extraction. Shorter timers could also mean people could be more inclined to sneak into GK to extract eventough its held by someone else. Like if you only have to hold the town for half an hour instead of 2hours its more doable against the zergs

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It's been pretty easy to sneak in to GK for the last several years, because low pop and people living out of tc. There has been a lot of oghmium in fights the last 2 years as well, although I can't say for sure why now exactly.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I feel like timers should be dependent on tier of ore. T1 ores 90 seconds, T2 ore 120 seconds, T3 ores 180 seconds. Maybe it could even scale dependent on your machine skill too.

A stupid thing I noticed too is, You get more tephra per tick at max mining, than you do other ores. Should be the other way around lol

Reactions: Goltarion

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
I'd be fine with them just turning timers down to 60 seconds, WITH an extraction speed primary ability.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I'd be fine with them just turning timers down to 60 seconds, WITH an extraction speed primary ability.
Why does everyone want to make QoL changes require a damn primary skill? lmao

I agree the timers suck, but I do understand why they exist. I think it should require a decent amount of time to refine metals (as Turbizzler said the time should be based on tier)...but I don't like the afk method. A minigame would be good as suggested.

As far as crushing shit...yeah it shouldn't take nearly as long as it does now.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

I agree the timers suck, but I do understand why they exist. I think it should require a decent amount of time to refine metals (as Turbizzler said the time should be based on tier)...but I don't like the afk method. A minigame would be good as suggested.

I dislike the idea of mini games. If it was something you only did once or twice, that is one thing, but a mini game for every of 100 stacks of granum? Hell, no. I would rather watch youtube, thanks.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021

Because primary skills that offer QOL are better than nothing, and it is unlikely they they radically decrease the extract time without some sort of ability going along with it. I personally don't want to play mini games, and think that would be incredibly stupid. If you had the ability to build a character around refining/extraction speed vs higher end refining/extracting, it would be more in line with what the game currently is. I don't want to play candy crush for maximum output.

Reactions: Rorry

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Sucks when you think of minigames you think of candy crush.

I think more of the excavating in ESO. Really good "mini game" that requires your attention and can even yield bonus results if you do well.

Idk it doesn't matter much to me it was just a suggestion. If people would rather watch YouTube or invest another primary skill (which we are already starved for) then whatever.

Reactions: Valoran

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I dislike the idea of mini games. If it was something you only did once or twice, that is one thing, but a mini game for every of 100 stacks of granum? Hell, no. I would rather watch youtube, thanks.
The OP suggestion would be optional for those who want to do it faster.

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
Everyone can agree that six minutes per stack of rock material is completely excessive, and anyone that defends it is delusional or has some way of bypassing the wait.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Because primary skills that offer QOL are better than nothing, and it is unlikely they they radically decrease the extract time without some sort of ability going along with it. I personally don't want to play mini games, and think that would be incredibly stupid. If you had the ability to build a character around refining/extraction speed vs higher end refining/extracting, it would be more in line with what the game currently is. I don't want to play candy crush for maximum output.

You already have ore extraction skills as a primary investment. More yield + shorter time.