Even after "MK Expansion" it's still a ghost town

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
The title says it. You've added some saburra to the steppe and little sea dew near Toxai but it's clearly not enough. Being an alchemist, i can gather half a stack of sea dew in Meduli in like 20 minutes (and like 1.5-2k bor while i'm at it) and there will still be more lying around, while Toxai gives maybe 800 in the same amount of time and then it's gone. Meduli has easier access to the jungle and it's resources, and while arguably mage valley is closer to MK than it is to Meduli, it's still closer to Fabernum than to MK since there's no backdrop. We don't have ironwood. Guard fur we can only get from bears, and there's no ironbone. If you're a tamer, you're much better off in the west, too.

Right before the last patch there was a huge influx of people coming to MK but all the "Morin Khur Expansion" did was adding some resources that are plentiful elsewhere and another district so we have a 3rd bank now, like there's enough people to fill in the two we had already. I get it - MK is also safe and there isn't much noobkilling going on. You can almost level your clades faster on MK GY than in Haven because you'll reign supreme over all the zombies. But it's only because there's little to no noobs in the first place. Hell i'm almost certain Toxai is missing some fishes, too.

If you want regional economy to exist in the game you should give every region something special. Depriving one region of anything nice isn't gonna help that. Even Hyllspeia has white bear at least. MK has nothing. Just 3 banks no one cares about.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I just spent some days in the MK-Toxai-area (and I didn't leave yet). There are no horses nearby, you may argue there is a Steppe Horse spot east of the MK graveyard, but I didn't see a single horse in the whole area during last week. The sea dew spot in Toxai is probably a placeholder, because one can gather about 250 sea dew before waiting for a respawn. The only good for alchemists is the large amount of Salvia about ten minutes away from MK by horse in a "hidden" area (= difficult to reach) . And a cook can find many spots of rice more or less in the city.

There are some bears at least at two spots in the MK-Toxai area, then bush pigs, springboks and wolfs and two bandit camps. I think the area is fine for the beginning, at least when the MK sewers are opened with release. But the distances in both cities are too large and take too much time without a horse. And the distance to the outside, means to the large steppes, is very large along the MK river.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
It doesn't really offer anything special at this point, it's quite away from the major hot spots on the map too, aside from GK which with MO2 is a lot further away this time around. SV has always struggled with resource and point of interested distribution, the larger map, less density of resources and animal spawns are lesser this time around compared to the scaling of the map.

Reactions: Tuhtram

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
And please add some calxfish. Cristula isn't even a good substitute for sea dew. Don't hate us so much.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Keep in mind Morin Khur is supposed to be a capital of a faction larger than the Tindreme Empire with more towns/settlements.

But what MK ends up with

- A very long tedious unsafe road to the west
- A completely unguarded and very far away graveyard for noobs
- Comparitvely no animal spawns to farm basic materials like Ironbone/Molarium/Guard Fur
- One horse spawn that is 5-8minute walk assuming you survive the scaffold chokepoint, all other horse sapwn easy 20minute walk assuming you survive the long west road
- A large city with 80% empty buildings
- Red priest that is a 10-12 minute walk back to city assuming you survive scaffolding
- Only dungeon anywhere close is spider cave if you count that

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Keep in mind Morin Khur is supposed to be a capital of a faction larger than the Tindreme Empire with more towns/settlements.

But what MK ends up with

- A very long tedious unsafe road to the west
- A completely unguarded and very far away graveyard for noobs
- Comparitvely no animal spawns to farm basic materials like Ironbone/Molarium/Guard Fur
- One horse spawn that is 5-8minute walk assuming you survive the scaffold chokepoint, all other horse sapwn easy 20minute walk assuming you survive the long west road
- A large city with 80% empty buildings
- Red priest that is a 10-12 minute walk back to city assuming you survive scaffolding
- Only dungeon anywhere close is spider cave if you count that
The scaffolding is pretty hilarious to run through, almost without fail there's always someone there jumping out of the woodwork to kill you, makes you feel like John Wick running through there.

I can't think of a single unique resource in and around any of the Khurite towns really. Henrik is always talking in his stream about how they're adding stuff for launch....but they're going to get it wrong, they almost always get it wrong the first and second time at least unfortunately. It's just a bad idea in reality, sure this idea of having new stuff at launch is nice, but they need to increase density of things that spawn in the world by like a factor of 4-5, and they need to see how the server responds to that many more things being there along with more players before it all just breaks down at launch.

It's already super annoying just getting a horse right now, their cost is highly inflated because of scarcity and the need for travel, despite the fact that the opposite should be the case because of the shear size increase of the map and the amount of long travel necessitates the need for a mount more than ever....for everyone. Common horses need to be common and available. There were more horse spawns in the old game than now and that map was waaaay smaller than what we have now.

Furthermore, because of the size increase of the map and the supposed increased importance of regional identities because people won't always want to travel an hour to go someplace to hopefully do some thing, and then hopefully return without dying and losing everything....there needs to be things to go and do on foot close to the towns...all towns...It's like they designed Fabernum and Meduli and then just mailed it in for the rest of the map, which is kind of what they did because we had those 2 areas so early on in their builds so they had to fill them out to a degree, such a large portion of the map is this non-descript forest with nothing unique to them, not even points of interest to use as waymarkers. There's no people living in this world...there's like 1 farm on the whole continent...wtf?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That road is so annoying and tedious for no reason. I really hate going to MK because of it.

Hopefully they add content to MK like tind got with the sewers.

But both places need slums.

Reactions: Putzin

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
It's never made sense to me that the scaffolding path down to the graveyard does not have guards walking up and down it. They could also make those buildings on it useful with like a vendor or something for selling. a utility and magic vendor would be nice.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
That road is so annoying and tedious for no reason. I really hate going to MK because of it.

Hopefully they add content to MK like tind got with the sewers.

But both places need slums.

So the new part of MK is the slums hopefully what they end up doing is connecting the slums to the bottom of the river by red priest somewhere so reds can’t enter into GK and have a red bank right there.

You can see the entrance to the sewers in the slums just can’t access it any

I’ve always loved the idea of gangs fighting for different parts of the city and that would give us just that a place to war over without wardecing and noobs having nowhere to go. It would def have some GK vibes without the water.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Adding more vendors in MK would really help to make it a viable starter city. Without a horse the maze like layout takes quite a bit of determination to figure out compared to just going to Tindrem where it's all more or less in one place.

Also there are so many interesting back corridors to MK it seems a shame to leave them empty of Easter eggs.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
The scaffolding is pretty hilarious to run through, almost without fail there's always someone there jumping out of the woodwork to kill you, makes you feel like John Wick running through there.

I can't think of a single unique resource in and around any of the Khurite towns really. Henrik is always talking in his stream about how they're adding stuff for launch....but they're going to get it wrong, they almost always get it wrong the first and second time at least unfortunately. It's just a bad idea in reality, sure this idea of having new stuff at launch is nice, but they need to increase density of things that spawn in the world by like a factor of 4-5, and they need to see how the server responds to that many more things being there along with more players before it all just breaks down at launch.

It's already super annoying just getting a horse right now, their cost is highly inflated because of scarcity and the need for travel, despite the fact that the opposite should be the case because of the shear size increase of the map and the amount of long travel necessitates the need for a mount more than ever....for everyone. Common horses need to be common and available. There were more horse spawns in the old game than now and that map was waaaay smaller than what we have now.

Furthermore, because of the size increase of the map and the supposed increased importance of regional identities because people won't always want to travel an hour to go someplace to hopefully do some thing, and then hopefully return without dying and losing everything....there needs to be things to go and do on foot close to the towns...all towns...It's like they designed Fabernum and Meduli and then just mailed it in for the rest of the map, which is kind of what they did because we had those 2 areas so early on in their builds so they had to fill them out to a degree, such a large portion of the map is this non-descript forest with nothing unique to them, not even points of interest to use as waymarkers. There's no people living in this world...there's like 1 farm on the whole continent...wtf?
Couldn't have said it better

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah been saying for a while that the west is just better than the east in this game. Way more content in the west. Only benefit of living east is there are less players