Dreaming of a simpler time.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I just want to roam around a world fraught with danger. Tame mountable beasts and watch cities grow as i work with others to exist symbiotically. Manufacture an environment safe enough for the brave and wild enough to naturally sift through the weak.

I want a world capable of towns and populations coexisting peacefully with trade and commerce. I want a world on a razors edge, teetering. I want towns to fall and ages to reign. I want sections blockaded by guilds and the ability for the (unequiped) many to overthrow them. The ability to serve or rebel. The ability to starve the power hungry or accept their rule.

I want a map that is somehow continuously unpredictable and demands intuitive exploration (again).

I want a "boss" that would take an entire server to subdue in a multi-hour fight.... maybe would never even be defeated.... and that should be ok.

I want the entirety of NAVE and a couple thousand constant players.

Also, ships and non-exploitable fishing please :)
Not too much to ask, right?... anyway...

<3 Thanks!
Love,
Jyb

Last edited:

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I just want to roam around a world fraught with danger. Tame mountable beasts and watch cities grow as i work with others to exist symbiotically. Manufacture an environment safe enough for the brave and wild enough to naturally sift through the weak.

I want a world capable of towns and populations coexisting peacefully with trade and commerce. I want a world on a razors edge, teetering. I want towns to fall and ages to reign. I want sections blockaded by guilds and the ability for the (unequiped) many to overthrow them. The ability to serve or rebel. The ability to starve the power hungry or accept their rule.

I want a map that is somehow continuously unpredictable and demands intuitive exploration (again).

I want a "boss" that would take an entire server to subdue in a multi-hour fight.... maybe would never even be defeated.... and that should be ok.

<3 Thanks!
Love,
Jyb
Me too !!!

Reactions: Jybwee and PatWins

Smough

Jul 4, 2020

If MO 1 taught us anything its that any boss that uses AI will eventually get cheesed by some one or some group of players. Kite it to where it can become stuck or shoot it from so far away it cannot proper agro.. its the tight dungeons with the mobs that chain agro that ended up being the most challenging.

Reactions: Jybwee

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If MO 1 taught us anything its that any boss that uses AI will eventually get cheesed by some one or some group of players. Kite it to where it can become stuck or shoot it from so far away it cannot proper agro.. its the tight dungeons with the mobs that chain agro that ended up being the most challenging.
To be fair MO 1 didn't really give you any other options. You're not gonna do Thorax or Ratzar queen with your 4 person foot group. Sators and Mino's I guess were kind of real dungeons.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

<3 Thanks!
Love,
Jyb

Welcome Jybwee!

Reactions: Jybwee

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Agreed. But my MMO life was born in Final Fantasy 11... so i still dream.