Does MO2 Have Any Classes

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
One thing I would disagree with most mo 1 vets on is that every class but footfighter op.

in mo 2 we have ff, mage/tamer/mc/ma/mm

in mo 1 these classes could actually stand alone and be viable.

In mo 1 all of these classes were stronger than foot fighter and they’ve been nerfed into the ground in mo 2. I won’t argue that they were balanced in mo 1 but do you know what else they were in mo1? Actually fun to play is what.

Just making all the classes shit isn’t the solution. It’s an sv solution but not a good one

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
Tamers need to be removed or dialed down massively. Magic should not do massive damage and be hitscan at the same time.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Tamers need to be removed or dialed down massively. Magic should not do massive damage and be hitscan at the same time.
So my question is. What classes are actually remaining and or remotely fun to play. Nerfing them is one side of the coin but what niche do they fill what’s their role in the game. These classes have no sense of purpose or direction in mo 2 and it’s a massive drag on the rpg elements of the game.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
So my question is. What classes are actually remaining and or remotely fun to play. Nerfing them is one side of the coin but what niche do they fill what’s their role in the game. These classes have no sense of purpose or direction in mo 2 and it’s a massive drag on the rpg elements of the game.
They should have worked that out in beta instead of releasing the game untested in an alpha state. Instead we get stuff like Spiritism which is basically a glorified griefing mechanic.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
They should have worked that out in beta instead of releasing the game untested in an alpha state. Instead we get stuff like Spiritism which is basically a glorified griefing mechanic.
Glorified expensive griefing mechanic, but what would be the problem about it?
In MO1 spiritism was ment to be that, a mechanic to bypass walls and foot reach to access shit, more PVP related than PVE.

I had lots of fun with that, and i even had warriors that could use portals. We got into countless palisades and used it as a siege defense mechanic aswell.

But theres no palisades or sieging in MO2 and theres nowhere really fancy to portal to, it really lacks utility beyond griefing if thats what you ment.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
One thing I would disagree with most mo 1 vets on is that every class but footfighter op.

in mo 2 we have ff, mage/tamer/mc/ma/mm

in mo 1 these classes could actually stand alone and be viable.

In mo 1 all of these classes were stronger than foot fighter and they’ve been nerfed into the ground in mo 2. I won’t argue that they were balanced in mo 1 but do you know what else they were in mo1? Actually fun to play is what.

Just making all the classes shit isn’t the solution. It’s an sv solution but not a good one
Certain stuff is more balanced, like running speed but you are right, FF have the upper hand. Mounteds could outlive a clumsy foot. Now mounts are disposable so if you chase a footy it will most likely end up being a foot fight with a dead horse.
Because archery is OP, which is not bad because i consider mounteds in MO1 were broken but what's up with a mage that can't use bows which have much higher dps and range than Magic. Bow damage escalates way more with STR than magery with INT.

The nerf to EQ is totally absurd. Then a pure mage on foot, sheevra type can get melted down by any alvarin or human fighter/hybrid without much consideration.

Reactions: Teknique

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Considering the range of magic is a joke when compared to the damage it can cause it really isnt that big of a deal unless you're doing something wrong as a melee fighter. The highest alpha damage mages are usually obese which means they are slower than any other build in game and easily run down on foot. Then there is the fact that their 3 highest damage spells all have a range of 20m or less. Which if you're a oghmir with 90dex you can easily cover that distance in 5 seconds. That means they MAY get a second spell off by the time you get there.. and that is huge maybe. And as a foot fighter if you cant take 70-100 points of damage and still be in the fight you're build is either to soft or you shouldnt have taken that fight. Even a stout veela foot fighter has 180 hitpoints.

Now the only time this situation changes is if that fat mage is also a tamer, then you have the pet to contend with BUT if they are on foot again kill the mage and the pet is just a PVE mob at that point.

And if you're a foot fighter you should also have archery, or at least a good bow as you can use it and it isnt like you DONT have the points to spare. One weapons form maxed, armor training, heavy armor training, endurance, aggressive and defensive stance along with foot skills only accounts for about 800-1000 points you should still have 100-300 points left over for archery.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Certain stuff is more balanced, like running speed but you are right, FF have the upper hand. Mounteds could outlive a clumsy foot. Now mounts are disposable so if you chase a footy it will most likely end up being a foot fight with a dead horse.
Because archery is OP, which is not bad because i consider mounteds in MO1 were broken but what's up with a mage that can't use bows which have much higher dps and range than Magic. Bow damage escalates way more with STR than magery with INT.

The nerf to EQ is totally absurd. Then a pure mage on foot, sheevra type can get melted down by any alvarin or human fighter/hybrid without much consideration.

Archery is only OP against PVE mobs. So pets, and mounts, otherwise it is a joke. Try shooting someone in pansar carapace and blood silk or iron fur plate, and watch your 80 point hits turn into 10-15 point hits. And those hits take 3 seconds to draw effectively and are not hit scan so you have to lead your target, and if you're dealing with a lagging target yeah good luck on that. And that same target can get up to your face and smack the hell out of you with a 2 handed katana handle great blade and just spam click the hell out of it doing 15-30 per hit with next to no stamina drain and do this every half second.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Archery is only OP against PVE mobs. So pets, and mounts, otherwise it is a joke. Try shooting someone in pansar carapace and blood silk or iron fur plate, and watch your 80 point hits turn into 10-15 point hits. And those hits take 3 seconds to draw effectively and are not hit scan so you have to lead your target, and if you're dealing with a lagging target yeah good luck on that. And that same target can get up to your face and smack the hell out of you with a 2 handed katana handle great blade and just spam click the hell out of it doing 15-30 per hit with next to no stamina drain and do this every half second.
I have MA Thursar kall 33 dmg bonus i can kill someone's mount and get on foot, that Char has swords marksmanship and taming and i can gank whoever i want LOL, my mounts are disposable desert horses. All that is really enough and convenient for me to secure most kills. I've killed mages on foot with 2 longbow hits.
The ones i find it really hard to fight are alvarins for obvious reasons, but even sheevras are somewhat easy.

MA is OP against pets obviously, thats it's thing, to dismount someone. And it ain't balanced regarding other mounted classes, thats what i mean when i say MA is OP, because it actually is.

And you wouldn't have to be so drastic like that build to be a really good MA/foot build, theres lower str higher speed versions that are more effective, for sure.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I have MA Thursar kall 33 dmg bonus i can kill someone's mount and get on foot, that Char has swords marksmanship and taming and i can gank whoever i want LOL, my mounts are disposable desert horses. All that is really enough and convenient for me to secure most kills. I've killed mages on foot with 2 longbow hits.
The ones i find it really hard to fight are alvarins for obvious reasons, but even sheevras are somewhat easy.

MA is OP against pets obviously, thats it's thing, to dismount someone. And it ain't balanced regarding other mounted classes, thats what i mean when i say MA is OP, because it actually is.

And you wouldn't have to be so drastic like that build to be a really good MA/foot build, theres lower str higher speed versions that are more effective, for sure.

You are also shooting very select targets there. Your damage bonus does not apply to ranged attacks. Also your marksmanship only works on head hits and it is a slight increase in weakspot chance. With your low dex it is an improvement which puts you on par with a Veela with a shortbow but not with their clade gifts and marksmanship.

Lastly if you were to face an oghmir on foot it would may not run you down but it would beat you down and face tank anything you throw at them. And if you got into a ranged dual with one it would out damage you with their superior strength bows and heavier plate armor with clade gifts.

IF you are to face off against anyone in plate you will find that archery is anything but OP.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You are also shooting very select targets there. Your damage bonus does not apply to ranged attacks. Also your marksmanship only works on head hits and it is a slight increase in weakspot chance. With your low dex it is an improvement which puts you on par with a Veela with a shortbow but not with their clade gifts and marksmanship.

Lastly if you were to face an oghmir on foot it would may not run you down but it would beat you down and face tank anything you throw at them. And if you got into a ranged dual with one it would out damage you with their superior strength bows and heavier plate armor with clade gifts.

IF you are to face off against anyone in plate you will find that archery is anything but OP.

Wilderness targets, offroad transports, farmers, weary travellers, other bandits.

Yes dmg bonus does not apply to ranged, we know this. It affects melee damage which being 33% is nothing to joke about. I was trying marksmanship mostly pve since i find it hard to land WS on other MAs yet i've weakspoted mages for i think 70's, with not an amazing rate. I havent been weakspoted while mounted in MO2 like ever lol, and i've had that build since beta.

Even tho alvarins have higher WS chance i havent really been affected by it in combat in a casual scenario anyways.

I've fought many oghmirs and they are good but i wouldn't say OP compared to the thur kallard. Oghmirs have some strong points but it would end up on a type of combat scenario and whos better at parrying and gear is relative. I havent found myself particularly nailed by oghmirs but i aknowledge their strenghts.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Wilderness targets, offroad transports, farmers, weary travellers, other bandits.

Yes dmg bonus does not apply to ranged, we know this. It affects melee damage which being 33% is nothing to joke about. I was trying marksmanship mostly pve since i find it hard to land WS on other MAs yet i've weakspoted mages for i think 70's, with not an amazing rate. I havent been weakspoted while mounted in MO2 like ever lol, and i've had that build since beta.

Even tho alvarins have higher WS chance i havent really been affected by it in combat in a casual scenario anyways.

I've fought many oghmirs and they are good but i wouldn't say OP compared to the thur kallard. Oghmirs have some strong points but it would end up on a type of combat scenario and whos better at parrying and gear is relative. I havent found myself particularly nailed by oghmirs but i aknowledge their strenghts.

Oghmir are not OP... they are strong.. definitely stronger than most of the other races in game but as long as speed is king Alvarins will continue to be pretty much the best foot race.