Dexterity.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I agree dex curve needs some work, (examples : huergars stickying veelas etc) but there is definetly more build diversity now so completely reverting wouldnt be the best thing, i think some tuning would be needed.

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
I believe SV stated that they will not make the same mistake with dex being main stat. But it's true it needs some tweaking, not neccesary in terms of speed.
Maybe new mechanic of critical strikes based on dexterity?

Vergil

May 1, 2021
Dex needs a buff for sure. Its least desirable stat to stack right now.
Speed doesn't need to be MO1 level of dex, just good enough to prevent sticking. and have some extra mechanics that do benefit your character when building lots of dex.

(Perhaps it should also grant stamina, or smth, to be able to break out)

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Maybe it was better in mo1 but do we really wanna go back to kite online?

I remember being chased by a 15man group after a fight and none of them had a veela so they chased me for 15 minutes or so with no way of being able to kill me. Eventually they had a few mounteds log on and catch up just to kill me..

Is this fun gameplay?
for the chaser.. no

I don't really mind either way cuz 'dapt

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
The most common clade in MO1 had 100ish dexterity. More people had 115 strength than 115 dex. Calling it the main stat is similar to saying "speed is king" which is how we got to this gods forsaken place.

Going back a few month would be enough I think. I don´t think clade gifts will magically solve all balance problems unless they drastically increase movement bonus in alvarin clades and do likewise for all other clades. Then you would have to ask yourself, why not use dexterity?

Reactions: Archiel

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Maybe it was better in mo1 but do we really wanna go back to kite online?

I remember being chased by a 15man group after a fight and none of them had a veela so they chased me for 15 minutes or so with no way of being able to kill me. Eventually they had a few mounteds log on and catch up just to kill me..

Is this fun gameplay?
for the chaser.. no

I don't really mind either way cuz 'dapt
Looks like they forgot their no stam bows too, where you fighting some tindrem noob guild?

Anyways if they wanted fun gameplay they shouldnt be trying to 15v1 ppl, just sayin...

• Haha
Reactions: Vergil and Archiel

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Looks like they forgot their no stam bows too, where you fighting some tindrem noob guild?

Anyways if they wanted fun gameplay they shouldnt be trying to 15v1 ppl, just sayin...
It was a large fight that ended with me being chased, i cant remember if this was during nostam bow era or before it. There was a lot of chaos on top and only 2-3 got close enough (and ofc swung at me wich makes me win the stam battle) No noobs, was probably one of the server zergs at the time.

Was just an example that i could remember decently. There was probably 100s of situations like this in mo1 and most ppl probably encountered it,

Point is scale this up to like 6 dudes with crossheals and falldamage reduction, fuck u suposed to do against that other than just be "meh fuck this" when you are not a veela.

I guess the answer is "just play veela duh" which leads back to speed is king and less diversity unless u intentionally want to play gimped.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
It was a large fight that ended with me being chased, i cant remember if this was during nostam bow era or before it. There was a lot of chaos on top and only 2-3 got close enough (and ofc swung at me wich makes me win the stam battle)

Point is scale this up to like 6 dudes with crossheals and falldamage reduction, fuck u suposed to do against that other than just be "meh fuck this" when you are not a veela.

Why should all fights end with one side dying? Why is it such a bad thing that a group gets to run away with their tails tucked between their legs?

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
There are a few changes I think need to be made regarding dexterity:

1. Lower dexterity characters need their movement speed nerfed pretty heavily. The main issue right now is the same as int curve: the issue isn't necessarily at the top end of the curve, its at the bottom end of the curve and the mid curve not being a wide enough gap. 10 dex ogh versus 131 dex Alvarin is like 10% more run speed. This is total broken. 100-130 dex shoul be 10% faster, with at least another 10% from 10-100.

2. Weakspots need to work. Without weak spotting, dexterity is just overall a terrible stat.

3. Dexterity needs bonus modifiers. All of the other attributes have multiple modifiers, example strength (great stat) is carry weight, melee damage, and armor carry weight. Constitution is health, carry weight, stamina. Dexterity could slightly increase magic cast time, as an example, or decrease mounted stamina drain, etc.

4. This is an combination of the two above in some ways, but dexterity should effect bow damage, and/or some bows should have dexterity requirements. Strength is king for both archer & melee at the moment and this shouldn't be the case long term. Weakspotting helps.

Reactions: ixxxo and Vergil

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I personally think that speed can be equalized on the dex field... give dex another benefit, like weakspots or maybe bow sway/accuracy (w/e, just some other benefit). I would like to see speed penalties for armor weight so we can see armor type diversity. But I'm probably an outlier in that sense.

If armor made more of an impact on your speed you could actually see a light weight fighter instead of only plate wearing fighters. So boring atm.

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Why should all fights end with one side dying? Why is it such a bad thing that a group gets to run away with their tails tucked between their legs?
same can be said for the other way.
Group A doesnt have veelas Group B is mostly veelas
Group A gets beaten up and tries to flee
Group B is ez mode faster and kills them all

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020

I'm not gonna play hypothetical scenarios with you, there are an infinite number of ways it could go. Right now high dex builds get very little benefit from the dex, its pretty indefensible to say otherwise I think.

If you go read my second post I state my personal opinion on speed.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
It was a large fight that ended with me being chased, i cant remember if this was during nostam bow era or before it. There was a lot of chaos on top and only 2-3 got close enough (and ofc swung at me wich makes me win the stam battle) No noobs, was probably one of the server zergs at the time.

Was just an example that i could remember decently. There was probably 100s of situations like this in mo1 and most ppl probably encountered it,

I guess the answer is "just play veela duh" which leads back to speed is king and less diversity unless u intentionally want to play gimped.
Well those 6 dudes would never win a fight head on with a fighter + mage group, so as long as your group stays tight and they cant pick stragglers they wont be able to do much either.

I think its good that a scroaching or guerrilla playstyle is viable as a way to fight against zergs, this isnt an arena game where the has to be a clear cut winner so the round can end after all.

If Group A loses a head on fight against a pure Veela group they would get rolled in pretty much any other scenario anyways.