Decrease stamina cost and increase damage for melee weapons.

D

Dracu

imagine only ECU is out, has heals, and OP dmg + range... cant wait for the rest of the spells, they need to make them even stronger at this point so people not only use the ECU magic school.

at least we have a nice looking shooter now.
i wouldnt consider grief class spiritist very "balanced" either. Big ass sniper shot and safezone portals, in dedicated spiritist group its just absolutely silly.

• Sad
Reactions: Bernfred

Tzone

May 16, 2021
i wouldnt consider grief class spiritist very "balanced" either. Big ass sniper shot and safezone portals, in dedicated spiritist group its just absolutely silly.
MP slaps hard but I think its ok since you cant carry it around and people have a long time to see you casting it. But combined with other spells it really helps to finish off people fleeing.

Reactions: SirVirtuo
D

Dracu

MP slaps hard but I think its ok since you cant carry it around and people have a long time to see you casting it. But combined with other spells it really helps to finish off people fleeing.
i rather see the potential of it in dedicated spiritist gank groups tbh, ghost scout is back and as long as one stays in ghostmode with loads of spiritboxes its ez pz ressource stock and always can get ppl back out even on failing. I mean what is the foot group supposed to do against the one spiritist thats playing FoB. Its dumb, its super hard to counter, its ez af. Its prety much zero investment since you dont need gear or stuff only spiritboxes. You never really loose, you may run dry on spiritboxes after X amounts of atempts but nothing another Portal Opener/Spirit Holder cant fix... number based griefing with sheer endless trys... yay! And the best, the enemy will never gain anything besides some kinda useless spiritboxes at best xD

Mage Bang Squad on steroids :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Read my first post and try and tell me I didn't come here to have a discussion, it's the zero respect responses which everyone always gets from your alliance that starts the problem. So then I will not give respect. Simple as that.
lol, you pick on a single guy in your first thread, not talking about that your arguments are flat and not fitting imo so i wont respond to them.

Bernfred at least when most other people talk they don't sound like their brains transmitters are misfiring. Im a rank 1 glad tho so that's a bad argument.
ehm, i was not talking to you, i think you overvalue yourself.

it looks like that you want that the mods close this thread so you can abuse mages in silence which is an indicator more that something is very broken.

pretending that everything goes the right direction and is balanced will backfire to you with a low pop after 1/2 year persistence.
if you dont pretend, then you should adapt to the current patch and not revel in self-lust.

Reactions: cerqo

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
lol, you pick on a single guy in your first thread, not talking about that your arguments are flat and not fitting imo so i wont respond to them.

it looks like that you want that the mods close this thread so you can abuse mages in silence which is an indicator more that something is very broken.

I literally agreed that the mage buffs were unnecessary, I am the only one I have ever seen on this forums say buffs to their own specific playstyle were not needed. Unlike Tzone who has constantly made posts about everything being OP besides footies multiple times.. What I said to you is very tame compared to what people said and called me and my guild in this thread. So blame your buddies if it gets closed. I literally half-agreed with Tzone for once and still your alliance has nothing but trashtalk and zero respect to spew so I did the same. Please never talk to me again though Bern and ill do the same trust. You and Tzone have hundreds of messages on this forum of horrible ideals and comments, its sad

zers

Aug 4, 2021
I literally agreed that the mage buffs were unnecessary, I am the only one I have ever seen on this forums say buffs to their own specific playstyle were not needed. Unlike Tzone who has constantly made posts about everything being OP besides footies multiple times.. What I said to you is very tame compared to what people said and called me and my guild in this thread. So blame your buddies if it gets closed. I literally half-agreed with Tzone for once and still your alliance has nothing but trashtalk and zero respect to spew so I did the same. Please never talk to me again though Bern and ill do the same trust. You and Tzone have hundreds of messages on this forum of horrible ideals and comments, its sad

tbh i dont even know you but why do you have to mention tzone every post. You seem hurt or something. Almost like a jealous ex. Calm down bro.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
tbh i dont even know you but why do you have to mention tzone every post. You seem hurt or something. Almost like a jealous ex. Calm down bro.

Look up how many posts he has in the discord, Literally 12,000.... Someone's gotta call him out for all the BS he spews buddy, If you talk that much you need to be shut up sometimes. Cool friend you got there though lol, glad at least mine don't drool on their keyboards all day everyday.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Tzone

May 16, 2021
i rather see the potential of it in dedicated spiritist gank groups tbh, ghost scout is back and as long as one stays in ghostmode with loads of spiritboxes its ez pz ressource stock and always can get ppl back out even on failing. I mean what is the foot group supposed to do against the one spiritist thats playing FoB. Its dumb, its super hard to counter, its ez af. Its prety much zero investment since you dont need gear or stuff only spiritboxes. You never really loose, you may run dry on spiritboxes after X amounts of atempts but nothing another Portal Opener/Spirit Holder cant fix... number based griefing with sheer endless trys... yay! And the best, the enemy will never gain anything besides some kinda useless spiritboxes at best xD

Mage Bang Squad on steroids :D
yeah I see what you are talking about now. A spiritist could hide in ghost mode and pop out to kill you. With ghost scouting now they dont have to guess where people are. looks very abusable you can pop out hit a person twice go back in and pop out else where and do it again untill they are dead.

Could even just sit at risars as someone farms then pop out and kill them when they are preoccupied. Very broken in theroy.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Look up how many posts he has in the discord, Literally 12,000.... Someone's gotta call him out for all the BS he spews buddy, If you talk that much you need to be shut up sometimes. Cool friend you got there though lol, glad at least mine don't drool on their keyboards all day everyday.
You must hate me really much to lower your self to such uncreative ad hominem's.
Im glad people think Im soo important to be spoken about so much. I dont even think Im that much of a factor.
I just like giving feedback and making the game better. Used to be much more hopefull in this.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
You must hate me really much to lower your self to such uncreative ad hominem's.
Im glad people think Im soo important to be spoken about so much. I dont even think Im that much of a factor.
I just like giving feedback and making the game better. Used to be much more hopefull in this.

Bro 12,000 literal messages in a discord isn't feedback stop acting like it is. And most of your hundreds of messages on this forum are you crying. Remember the post where you complained that literally EVERY playstyle in the entire game was OP(besides yours of course)? That's not feedback bud, sick of people who are loud trying to ruin the game. 12k messages means you literally talk more then play the actual game, so that's part of the reasons your opinions are always so awful, you're clueless.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Bro 12,000 literal messages in a discord isn't feedback stop acting like it is. And most of your hundreds of messages on this forum are you crying. Remember the post where you complained that literally EVERY playstyle in the entire game was OP(besides yours of course)? That's not feedback bud, sick of people who are loud trying to ruin the game. 12k messages means you literally talk more then play the actual game, so that's part of the reasons your opinions are always so awful, you're clueless.
You litterally mean nothing to me, I might make you upset for some reason but you will never get to me or under my skin

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
You litterally mean nothing to me, I might make you upset for some reason but you will never get to me or under my skin

Thats totally fair, just hoping the devs realize they should never take anything you say seriously. Maybe they will realize you only talk not actually play their game.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
hilarious, i have never said that 4-5 mages can take out entire groups of any size (without chain lightning...).
they can take out (nearly?) any target they want including warriors in their best armor possible.
Well, isn't the point of magic damage that it penetrates physical resistance? I mean, you can't be totally indestructible with top tier gear after all. If 4-5 mages jump you, i do believe it's correct that they should be able to defeat you, just as much as if 4-5 archers or 4-5 footies jump you. Multiple people are multiple people. Can't expect to outmatch that.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
Not gonna waste my time writing 5 paragraphs defending mage here since this is a typical Tzone "grass is always greener on the otherside opinion post" Though I will say as a mage pvp player who has been playing MO2 since day 1 who isn't biased for my own playstyle unlike Tzone and Drest. The mage buffs in the recent patch did seem a bit unnecessary, besides maybe the lighting buff. Also 50% chance to avoid interrupts always seemed more reasonable to me then 40% or 60% call me crazy.

To try and be fair to your post even though I dislike your opinions Tzone one thing I will say is that when you mention a mage being able to parry everything when they are getting attacked, the problem is during that moment the mage is no longer doing damage or heals but guess who is still doing damage? Yes the footie. Mages are of course strong, though what would happen if a group of 10 mages went up against 8 footies and 2 mages? Obviously the normal group composition wins in a slaughter, if you don't agree then you're either lying or don't understand pvp in this game as much as you try to act like you do. So if a group ALWAYS needs footies to win and not just mages then how are mages so OP?, just because footies are totally necessary doesn't relegate them from a conversation. In almost every pvp mmorpg there are roles and those roles are always strong in their own way. The classic "glasscannon" is a term thats been used to describe mages for 20+ years in mmorpg's. The same term can apply here, mages do big damage(CRAZY that's like what mages do in everygame) but they also are squishy and run out of mana if playing aggressive and useless if getting trained by melee.(same in almost every mmorpg)

At the end of the day, mages and footies are both very strong because they both are almost needed in a group composition to win, but without one or the other, you're at a huge disadvantage making them both equally as strong and important. Now if you think I am incorrect, go make a MANA like mage-only guild and tell me how competitive you are in pvp. Thanks
Thank you for speaking sense. Up until now, most of the group fights and pve encounters were like this... "Footy fight and tank, archer shoot arrows, mage heals and now and then does a damage spell, damage spell alone does MAYBE 60 damage if you charge a big boi, but you gotta get back to healing. Being able to pump out decent smg with lower tier spells now means the mage isn't just a healbot.
I appreciate this. Outburst on the other hand prolly shouldn't have gotten a damage buff due to its range.

We need more Utility spells! Damage and healing are just the surface.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Thank you for speaking sense. Up until now, most of the group fights and pve encounters were like this... "Footy fight and tank, archer shoot arrows, mage heals and now and then does a damage spell, damage spell alone does MAYBE 60 damage if you charge a big boi, but you gotta get back to healing. Being able to pump out decent smg with lower tier spells now means the mage isn't just a healbot.
I appreciate this. Outburst on the other hand prolly shouldn't have gotten a damage buff due to its range.

We need more Utility spells! Damage and healing are just the surface.
Thats rock paper scissors balancing which is garbage unskillbased. If you are able to have skill based combat they you go for it. RPS is the lazy devs solution for balance.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I don't think mages are awfully busted compared to mounted or pets. Mounted fatmage shouldn't be a thing, completely skilless and braindead, but then again were getting into mounted territory again.

The main issue with mages is how low skill ceiling it is for the reward you get, you know pretty much just like what the issue with pretty much any fucking system in this game is. Regular mages IMO aren't really in a terrible spot, its just the 0 IQ fatmages that do way too much damage for the literally 2 silver investment. 80 dmg unblockable spells where your armor literally means nothing. I honestly don't think anyone would feel like magic is a problem if you weren't running into dogshit fatmages everywhere you go cause that is literally the most effective 0 skill build that anyone that just started the game can pick up.

I mean the fact that this braindead fatmage trash has been a thing for so long is kind of a joke but not surprising at the slightest. They need to make the DMG gains from the 120+ INT levels significantly lower, something that would be a great starting point.
I 100% agree there. tbh I wouldn't mind if magic was completely disabled on mount. or combat in general XD

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I 100% agree there. tbh I wouldn't mind if magic was completely disabled on mount. or combat in general XD
They should at least make a mounted magic skill that you fumble with out it and then require a certain amount of dex to use horses well.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen in awhile. People posting their hours played lmao

Tzone you better be a literal God when launch happens. I even agree with you on a fair amount of points, but they way you tell people they are "bad at the game sry kid" and call people "casual" in an unreleased game is comical. Its great that you practice dueling people in town for hours on end and fighting the same people in team fights everyday, hopefully it pays off for you.

Just because you put more hours into the beta than anyone else on this thread doesn't mean your opinion is right. People have multiple thousand hours in MO1 (including myself), but that didn't mean their opinion was always right.

This game is never going to be balanced they way you want it. There is always going to be some rock paper scissors involved. This isn't some ranked battleground. I'm not only talking about mages either. Like I said I agree with a good amount of things you say, but fuckkkk its getting hard to read your replies without cringing everytime.

And just to clarify, I've been saying fat mages shouldn't even be a thing since the start.
Enough forums for me for awhile.

zers

Aug 4, 2021

Yeah game would be so much better if combat on mounts were disabled. It's just so hard to balance something that will also have the opportunity to always run away from non mounted. Never be able to risk dying is very OP in a full loot pvp game.

Reactions: Dracu