Decrease stamina cost and increase damage for melee weapons.

D

Dracu

Yeah game would be so much better if combat on mounts were disabled. It's just so hard to balance something that will also have the opportunity to always run away from non mounted. Never be able to risk dying is very OP in a full loot pvp game.
that would be a bold but good decision, if it cant be balanced properly remove it till a balanced option is found. I mean it could still be used for travel but well then just keep it at that. Introducing better dismount options for everyone so its possible to get mounteds off and fight on foot might be an approach i would support gladly in this scenario.

Piet

May 28, 2020
From what I hear they are going to make people dismount like in mo1 where it takes a bit to get up but also make their horse bolt so people can't just insta remount. Just a suggestion that was liked by Henrik tbh but I hope he does go through with it.

D

Dracu

From what I hear they are going to make people dismount like in mo1 where it takes a bit to get up but also make their horse bolt so people can't just insta remount. Just a suggestion that was liked by Henrik tbh but I hope he does go through with it.
my gripe with dismounting is "what can dismount"... i mean you can basically facetank a spear with your mount and the horse doesnt flinch... but hit with a hammer... obviously dismount... yeah good design xD

Every weapon needs dismount possibilitys or a throwable dismount ability, ffs i would even take a dismount spell that every character can learn (EQ doesnt qualify)... I think the current implementation of dismounts is ass.

Reactions: Bonii and Tzone

Piet

May 28, 2020
my gripe with dismounting is "what can dismount"... i mean you can basically facetank a spear with your mount and the horse doesnt flinch... but hit with a hammer... obviously dismount... yeah good design xD

Every weapon needs dismount possibilitys or a throwable dismount ability, ffs i would even take a dismount spell that every character can learn (EQ doesnt qualify)... I think the current implementation of dismounts is ass.
I completely agree.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
so most people want to enjoy "fair" foot fighting, mounted vs mounted combat and most mage pickers enjoy supporting them otherwise MO2 should be labeled as MMOFPS like Planetside 2. (no im not against strong PvP mages but in a balanced manner to not shoo away 80% of the potential playerbase, PvE mobs should have negative PSY to make PvE mage play easy to balance)

anyway, hf with your broken game on all ends (the magic system is just a small part of it), defend your own build or the people you like, take the state of the beta and the way SV goes as the best possible way for the finished game.

if you cant sh... on everyone including yourself, dont think about making suggestions because you will always be BIASED.

most people wont even know why MO2 is not so fun and successful how it could be, they will rather come back and search for excuses and like minded gam0rs in their echo chamber to not make a fool out of themself in their eyes.

Last edited:

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
guys, guess how many players played 5000 hours CS:GO and are still silver ranked which is the lowest tier?!

you need to "abuse" the current meta and focus on the right things like not healing your warriors who can parry and defend themself good enough by not engaging in the first place if they dont have the mindset of getting pampered from behind.
consider that "old" people, old hardware and wrong settings are a common thing under MO2 beta testers and people with PvP skill tend to play foot fighters.

instead you must deal the most dmg you can as dex mage or better: play with dex mage m8s and nuke away targets in split seconds.
I agree with this. If I enjoyed the game enough to be bored as fuck on mounted I would. Sadly, the game doesn't cut it for me in that aspect.

Not a single soul is truly in love with mounted combat. They're infatuated with the idea of being never dying and have every fight be in their favor. They simply don't like pvp, they like to win. There's nothing wrong with wanting to win. There is however, a problem with mages being too overwhelming when you're already out matched. It's not the skills that kill you its the mere fact there's little to no counter player. If the counter play is to play mage/mounted then there's an obvious problem with the games balance. Hell, if I didn't have 195 ms, I would only play footy too. Just seems Henrik doesn't know the importance of ping and what it truly does.

Do what I'm doing farming every noob on launch, and use these "mechanics" that the devs refuse to lay an ear upon.

Reactions: Bernfred and Tzone

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
At this point the other side of the argument isnt even trying to have a discussion and is just acting in bad faith.

They cant counter what people say so they quote and post a emoji instead

Just continues to shows how toxic and immature casual players are.

MO community in a nut shell. People think 'their' way of doing something is right, even though they never inspect the bigger picture of things.

It's also usually a vocal minority. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they enjoy the balance / combat in this game, and mean it.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I agree with this. If I enjoyed the game enough to be bored as fuck on mounted I would. Sadly, the game doesn't cut it for me in that aspect.

Not a single soul is truly in love with mounted combat. They're infatuated with the idea of being never dying and have every fight be in their favor. They simply don't like pvp, they like to win. There's nothing wrong with wanting to win. There is however, a problem with mages being too overwhelming when you're already out matched. It's not the skills that kill you its the mere fact there's little to no counter player. If the counter play is to play mage/mounted then there's an obvious problem with the games balance. Hell, if I didn't have 195 ms, I would only play footy too. Just seems Henrik doesn't know the importance of ping and what it truly does.

Do what I'm doing farming every noob on launch, and use these "mechanics" that the devs refuse to lay an ear upon.

Then people will blame you and your guild for the death of MO2. No, really. People will.

It wont totally be the imbalance, instability, lack of fun, etc.

Totally not those things, nope. It's this behavior that kills the game.

This community LOL.

Kynyante

Nov 5, 2021
henrik said he buffed magic to help with PVE lmao idk why he cant just increase the magic damage against ai and doesnt have to increase it overall. on my mage i sat there and just outbursted a kid before he even got to me he was one hit then i shot him with a bow when he tried to run

Reactions: Tzone

Kynyante

Nov 5, 2021
then if u mix mounted with magery and archery GG man almost unkillable its "fun" cause i know i almost never die lol and people cant do anything to me while im mounted no reliable dismount mechanics on foot there should honestly be like a crossbow that u shoot a net out or something to stop a horse for like 10 seconds and it throws the rider off it would get rid of wheelchair builds. A counter to mounted shouldnt be mounted or almost nothing there has to be change with mages and mounts....

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
henrik said he buffed magic to help with PVE lmao idk why he cant just increase the magic damage against ai and doesnt have to increase it overall. on my mage i sat there and just outbursted a kid before he even got to me he was one hit then i shot him with a bow when he tried to run
thx for clarification, i was concerned that he thinks PvP dmg mages are potentially too weak.
on the other hand... hes not good in PvP balance so he needs people who set him straight.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
so the players who cryed for better PvE mages because they cant wait for the new magic schools broke the game from patch to patch 😅
(instead of making AI more vulnerable to magic omg...)

D

Dracu

so the players who cryed for better PvE mages because they cant wait for the new magic schools broke the game from patch to patch 😅
(instead of making AI more vulnerable to magic omg...)
why blame the ones asking for something reasonable, when the execution wasnt their fault? :)
Blame who is responsible... exactly.... the swedish government!

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
why blame the ones asking for something reasonable, when the execution wasnt their fault? :)
Blame who is responsible... exactly.... the swedish government!
for real, asking for better PvE mages when only 20% of the magic schools and no rare drops are in is just disgusting.

looks for me like they want to manipulate the public opinion in favor of their temporary beta enjoment and personal build.
excluding the people who think the magic system is nearly finished and there is no way around but buffing ECU dmg.

Reactions: Tzone

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Hell, if I didn't have 195 ms, I would only play footy too. Just seems Henrik doesn't know the importance of ping and what it truly does.
goodolddays.png

players cryed for faster combat because TTK was too low and boring in their opinion (salt on: instead of more complexity, nerfed parries and better ping normalization) and this is what youve got. deal with it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
View attachment 2806

players cryed for faster combat because TTK was too low and boring in their opinion (salt on: instead of more complexity, nerfed parries and better ping normalization) and this is what youve got. deal with it.
The issue existed before they increased the speed. As 160+ NA I dont respond to swings I parry based off their stance. They could move the server to a point where most people would have sub 120 ping and AUS would have 40 less ping but they wont for what ever reason. Speeding up the charge and the swing did nothing really to change the disparity of NA v EU.

Like if 80 ping is playable then they wouldnt care if EU got 80 ping and the rest of the US got 80-120 except for east coast which would be "normalized" to 80 anyway. They would make over half the player base the same ping and a bulk of the rest not that far away. NA east server just makes sense especially with increased interest from SA which would have 80-120 ping to a NA east server.

Planetside 2 defacto international server is NA east its more alive then the EU servers at EU times. Its in the perfect spot for most gamers to have reasonable ping.

A lot of the ping disparity issue can be lessened by moving the server.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
The issue existed before they increased the speed. As 160+ NA I dont respond to swings I parry based off their stance. They could move the server to a point where most people would have sub 120 ping and AUS would have 40 less ping but they wont for what ever reason. Speeding up the charge and the swing did nothing really to change the disparity of NA v EU.

Like if 80 ping is playable then they wouldnt care if EU got 80 ping and the rest of the US got 80-120 except for east coast which would be "normalized" to 80 anyway. They would make over half the player base the same ping and a bulk of the rest not that far away. NA east server just makes sense especially with increased interest from SA which would have 80-120 ping to a NA east server.

Planetside 2 defacto international server is NA east its more alive then the EU servers at EU times. Its in the perfect spot for most gamers to have reasonable ping.

A lot of the ping disparity issue can be lessened by moving the server.

yeah but you can hide the animation start (spear/pole spin and hiding is good for that, most dont know how to NEGATE the starting animation windup), spin away and funny things. imagine they want to force a 2 attack direction meta where you can barely see the animation start until its too late :ROFLMAO:

then you can feint, and because you as high ping player needs to block instantly it can mess you up good with the low FoV of 103, when you hit someone you you can instantly charge a new swing on your screen as soon as you hit his skin with the new/old swing release system™ and you can pull out quarter circle attacks on fast weapons.

moving the server to NA would just put others into heavy disadvantage like russians but imo still better than an EU server!

they never improved the ping normalization system to a higher ping and the faster combat and extended it for example to movement and blocks if that is somehow possible which was a big problem since ever like you said.

the speed up together with the mentioned problems was the biggest one-server-combat killer.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah but you can hide the animation start (spear/pole spin and hiding is good for that, most dont know how to NEGATE the starting animation windup), spin away and funny things. imagine they want to force a 2 attack direction meta where you can barely see the animation start until its too late :ROFLMAO:

then you can feint, and because you as high ping player needs to block instantly it can mess you up good with the low FoV of 103, when you hit someone you you can instantly charge a new swing on your screen as soon as you hit his skin with the new/old swing release system™ and you can pull out quarter circle attacks on fast weapons.

moving the server to NA would just put others into heavy disadvantage like russians but imo still better than an EU server!

they never improved the ping normalization system to a higher ping and the faster combat and extended it for example to movement and blocks if that is somehow possible which was a big problem since ever like you said.

the speed up together with the mentioned problems was the biggest one-server-combat killer.
I cant spin because I have a 90 turn radius with a 23 inch move of my mouse but I enjoy playing against spins because its adds a challenge. The skill is seeing through that stuff which is 100% possible you just have to practice.

Yeah the only diss advantaged group is the Russians of a NA based server. But it makes the most sense, even games BD a EU private games server org has their international servers in central US. They were non profit and manage to spend big bucks on the servers side stuff. KR players would have better ping then me some how. EU players had the same or less then me. I dont think Henrik could afford that level of server but its just makes sense to centralize the server. London aint the worst spot but it could be so much better.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
I cant spin because I have a 90 turn radius with a 23 inch move of my mouse but I enjoy playing against spins because its adds a challenge. The skill is seeing through that stuff which is 100% possible you just have to practice.

Yeah the only diss advantaged group is the Russians of a NA based server. But it makes the most sense, even games BD a EU private games server org has their international servers in central US. They were non profit and manage to spend big bucks on the servers side stuff. KR players would have better ping then me some how. EU players had the same or less then me. I dont think Henrik could afford that level of server but its just makes sense to centralize the server. London aint the worst spot but it could be so much better.
you use spins to hide animation starts.
newst strick is oghmir min size to hide spear/pole stab/swings even better into their body with short arms, just a small example.
not talking about that you cant take out a bow, aim and shoot+the arrow travel time to interrupt casting mages by hitting the shield back and wasting stam for nothing.

the game is broken on all ends.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
the mounted combat system will give the game the final blow like it did in MO1.

horses can ride everywhere... there are no real big, connected areas for foot fighters.

MAs have no wobble in high gears and can shoot endlessly (fletching will make them even better), MCs will just stomp you if they have good gear+bows and MMs are getting even stronger with the upcoming magic schools.

PSY as the only defense against magic... no anti mage armor?! worst game design ever to force one warrior build on the race human in a single-char-slot game, which is not even slightly effective because you lose melee potential and HP and the spells you get are not worth, magic reflect gets taken down fast and a second will delete your mana, purify pots are better than wasting time with wep sheathing and casting it on yourself.

not a single PvE player and mediocre skilled and geared PvP player will enjoy the content outside of a blue town or a guild zerg. the rep system is the only thing that gives them a wider action radius than they had in MO1.

foot fighters dont even have access to pets better than donkeys without "wasting" 100 points into swift riding which indirectly forces even more mounted builds to make it cost effective. they need OP anti mounted combat weapons and dismounts to have a small chance.

only a few mad tryhards and some friends of guild players will stay like in MO1.

Last edited: