Decrease stamina cost and increase damage for melee weapons.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
I have been teamfighting everyday for over a year now, it's really obvious you don't play mage or have no idea what you're talking about. You're also talking about 1v2's for some reason also lol. Your little "footfighter gapclose" situation is so ignorant in every sense of the word because it works both ways for each team fighting. Also there's plenty of good ways to collapse a backline, deathballs, veela hybrid flanks or psyfigher dives. It happens everyday, I probably have easily done 100x more teamfights then you in MO2 so ill just let your comment slide due to the extreme ignorance. Next.

"Your little "footfighter gapclose" situation is so ignorant in every sense of the word because it works both ways for each team fighting" please explain. How do you not get the opener as a range against a melee lol. Have you even logged in and seen how flat the world is.

EDIT: Maybe you don't already know that a mage on foot can just run too. I guess I was too stupid to think that you knew that.

Here is the video i got 2 months ago in 1 day after i made a mage for the first time. Very skilled.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bernfred and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
"Your little "footfighter gapclose" situation is so ignorant in every sense of the word because it works both ways for each team fighting" please explain. How do you not get the opener as a range against a melee lol. Have you even logged in and seen how flat the world is.

Here is the video i got 2 months ago in 1 day after i made a mage for the first time. Very skilled.

Some of these people don't even play Im convinced or just consider sitting AFK in bank expedience in the game. They keep spouting theory that isnt what actually occurs in game.

D

Dracu

This game cant be balanced at this point, stop trying to.... its not possible due to the games mechanics and how intervined they are.
The only thing possible is bandaid balance against to OP shit. Like the pet taming nerf...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This game cant be balanced at this point, stop trying to.... its not possible due to the games mechanics and how intervined they are.
The only thing possible is bandaid balance against to OP shit. Like the pet taming nerf...
Well mages just need a rework period. It can be a lot more enjoyable and fair for everyone. Why dont most high skill players enjoy mage? Because the skill ceiling is low. Why dont most casual players like mage? Because its hard to solo farm.

People just dont play mage but they are the reason why most group fights are won and lost.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020

Maybe you should of linked an actual good mage video, if you wanna run with this then I guess we have different definitions of legit teamfights. I have never seen someone self-roast themselves this hard though, this is hilarious. I havn't even seen Tzones guild fight in months, so him talking about AFKing at bank is so ironic it's priceless. This whole post is flooded with people who have equally horrible opinions and literally nutcut each other so ill just bounce. Tzone you literally know nothing about mage though so try not opening your mouth on topics you know nothing about though. Last time I brought up that you have some of the worst opinions in the entire game a bunch of people agreed, Glad at least your rat alliance got your back tho,

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
imagine only ECU is out, has heals, and OP dmg + range... cant wait for the rest of the spells, they need to make them even stronger at this point so people not only use the ECU magic school.

at least we have a nice looking shooter now.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Maybe you should of linked an actual good mage video, if you wanna run with this then I guess we have different definitions of legit teamfights. I have never seen someone self-roast themselves this hard though, this is hilarious. I havn't even seen Tzones guild fight in months, so him talking about AFKing at bank is so ironic it's priceless. This whole post is flooded with people who have equally horrible opinions and literally nutcut each other so ill just bounce. Tzone you literally know nothing about mage though so try not opening your mouth on topics you know nothing about though. Last time I brought up that you have some of the worst opinions in the entire game a bunch of people agreed, Glad at least your rat alliance got your back tho,

Not the best mage video. Sure I agree. But go on then post yours.

zers

Aug 4, 2021

Btw who are you even? What guild?

zers

Aug 4, 2021
this is how I feel, need to take huge steps back, buuut.

@zers so you don't think elf speed is a problem that heavily contributes to this, esp given the tankiness of people w/ shields and possibly parrying?

I think dex veela is good but I also think people are sleeping on fat mage. Mounted min size oghmir with heavy armor that you deequip when you run out of mana and a good shield.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People been fighting you on alts, IDK why you would start to dig that hole knowing that people have multiple accounts. Ive have about 100 hours in bakti from the patch before this last one.

First 5 hours of mage I was viable in PvP and winning groupfights.

zers knows my alt and so do a couple of people. You dont know me so why would you think to know what Im doing in game?

Also havent seen you much in bakti. You may have alts like everyone else but you would have notice a couple of VII in the area. Also Shadow of man is VII and tagged battle bandits and is public about that. Hes up in that free horses video.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
People been fighting you on alts, IDK why you would start to dig that hole knowing that people have multiple accounts. Ive have about 100 hours in bakti from the patch before this last one.

First 5 hours of mage I was viable in PvP and winning groupfights.

zers knows my alt and so do a couple of people. You dont know me so why would you think to know what Im doing in game?

Also havent seen you much in bakti. You may have alts like everyone else but you would have notice a couple of VII in the area. Also Shadow of man is VII in tagged battle bandits and is public about that. Hes up in that free horses video.

I said your guild not you but if you guys have been somewhere else thats fair, but you having tens of hours of mage is nothing, I literally have thousands if we include MO1. The fact you're always opening your mouth about mage calling it low skill cap and stuff just proves your ignorance. So many different skills add up to a good mage. Awareness, Positioning, Offensive / Defensive Transitions, Aim consistency, Mana-management, Spell Choice / Decisiveness, ect. This is why everytime you say something about mage it sounds ignorant. Just my opinion though, but this conversation won't get us anywhere so goodluck with your thread.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Ehy at least you're using reasoning unlike the others. You're right just because they aren't played doesn't necessarily mean they are balanced but it can indicate it's balanced or underpowered sometimes. I am just looking for any actual reasoning for why this claim keeps going out that mages are op. I legit cannot understand it and am legit trying to find any solid reasoning not being mean or anything just trying to debate about it and get an actual backed up by logic and reasoning explanation why. In my experience mages as you said can't solo farm, can't 1v1 although yes 1v1 isn't where balance is, in a big battle if they get close enough they get insta focused down by any actual good pvpers because they have light armor and die quickly, they do solid damage through armor yes but most just heal because damage spells you usually have to go closer to cast and take up a lot of mana so you can only cast like 4ish and then can't heal. They are a support class. Now I will give you mages are pretty solid in small skirmishs like what's been happening in beta but that's not really the norm on release and that's okay they are because other anti mage builds like hybrids are too. I will also give you all my arguments are intended for foot mages. Mounted mages are bs and imo so are all the other mounteds XD

I don't think mages are awfully busted compared to mounted or pets. Mounted fatmage shouldn't be a thing, completely skilless and braindead, but then again were getting into mounted territory again.

The main issue with mages is how low skill ceiling it is for the reward you get, you know pretty much just like what the issue with pretty much any fucking system in this game is. Regular mages IMO aren't really in a terrible spot, its just the 0 IQ fatmages that do way too much damage for the literally 2 silver investment. 80 dmg unblockable spells where your armor literally means nothing. I honestly don't think anyone would feel like magic is a problem if you weren't running into dogshit fatmages everywhere you go cause that is literally the most effective 0 skill build that anyone that just started the game can pick up.

I mean the fact that this braindead fatmage trash has been a thing for so long is kind of a joke but not surprising at the slightest. They need to make the DMG gains from the 120+ INT levels significantly lower, something that would be a great starting point.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
guys, guess how many players played 5000 hours CS:GO and are still silver ranked which is the lowest tier?!

you need to "abuse" the current meta and focus on the right things like not healing your warriors who can parry and defend themself good enough by not engaging in the first place if they dont have the mindset of getting pampered from behind.
consider that "old" people, old hardware and wrong settings are a common thing under MO2 beta testers and people with PvP skill tend to play foot fighters.

instead you must deal the most dmg you can as dex mage or better: play with dex mage m8s and nuke away targets in split seconds.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
I said your guild not you but if you guys have been somewhere else thats fair, but you having tens of hours of mage is nothing, I literally have thousands if we include MO1. The fact you're always opening your mouth about mage calling it low skill cap and stuff just proves your ignorance. So many different skills add up to a good mage. Awareness, Positioning, Offensive / Defensive Transitions, Aim consistency, Mana-management, Spell Choice / Decisiveness, ect. This is why everytime you say something about mage it sounds ignorant. Just my opinion though, but this conversation won't get us anywhere so goodluck with your thread.

Maybe if you were skilled and had awareness you would realize BEAN or whatever your guild is called is shit. All dog shit players. I'm suprised you can even hit the login button with your dogshit aim.

• Haha
Reactions: Tzone

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Not gonna waste my time writing 5 paragraphs defending mage here since this is a typical Tzone "grass is always greener on the otherside opinion post" Though I will say as a mage pvp player who has been playing MO2 since day 1 who isn't biased for my own playstyle unlike Tzone and Drest. The mage buffs in the recent patch did seem a bit unnecessary, besides maybe the lighting buff. Also 50% chance to avoid interrupts always seemed more reasonable to me then 40% or 60% call me crazy.

To try and be fair to your post even though I dislike your opinions Tzone one thing I will say is that when you mention a mage being able to parry everything when they are getting attacked, the problem is during that moment the mage is no longer doing damage or heals but guess who is still doing damage? Yes the footie. Mages are of course strong, though what would happen if a group of 10 mages went up against 8 footies and 2 mages? Obviously the normal group composition wins in a slaughter, if you don't agree then you're either lying or don't understand pvp in this game as much as you try to act like you do. So if a group ALWAYS needs footies to win and not just mages then how are mages so OP?, just because footies are totally necessary doesn't relegate them from a conversation. In almost every pvp mmorpg there are roles and those roles are always strong in their own way. The classic "glasscannon" is a term thats been used to describe mages for 20+ years in mmorpg's. The same term can apply here, mages do big damage(CRAZY that's like what mages do in everygame) but they also are squishy and run out of mana if playing aggressive and useless if getting trained by melee.(same in almost every mmorpg)

At the end of the day, mages and footies are both very strong because they both are almost needed in a group composition to win, but without one or the other, you're at a huge disadvantage making them both equally as strong and important. Now if you think I am incorrect, go make a MANA like mage-only guild and tell me how competitive you are in pvp. Thanks

Show me how I'm biased exactly? Because I'm trying to get obviously 0 skill and 0 IQ playstyles balanced? Its very funny too because I've literally barely ever even mentioned mage apart from fatmages, cause even with all the obvious problems discussed in this thread, they are not that big of a deal on regular mages with around 100 INT.

I mean to call me biased, this mongoloid must literally think that pets and mounteds were or are in any way balanced or skilled.

Also whats my playstyle? Ive been playing mounted/foot fatmage a lot recently and having a blast blowing kids up with 0 counterplay, I especially love it when in a group fight they start running towards me just so I can pull out my worn shortie and block 100% of their hits before they die.

Its always funny as fuck when obviously hypocrite brainlets like this kid call someone biased, but it is in fact YOU who is extremely biased and don't have the mental capacity to look at the games balancing as a bigger picture. I can bring any single player I know from a different game that has never played MO2, show them the combat and different playstyles and guarantee you they will point out all the obviously broken 0 IQ trash that needs to get balanced.

Kids are frightened that they might one day login and actually have to use their brain to play the game and do good.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah any FPS player even mediocre can pic up make in a few hours and be viable in any group fight. All you need is to be able to look a an player and have someone tell you what spells do.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
guys, guess how many players played 5000 hours CS:GO and are still silver ranked which is the lowest tier?!

you need to "abuse" the current meta and focus on the right things like not healing your warriors who can parry and defend themself good enough by not engaging in the first place if they dont have the mindset of getting pampered from behind.
consider that "old" people, old hardware and wrong settings are a common thing under MO2 beta testers and people with PvP skill tend to play foot fighters.

instead you must deal the most dmg you can as dex mage or better: play with dex mage m8s and nuke away targets in split seconds.

Bernfred at least when most other people talk they don't sound like their brains transmitters are misfiring. Im a rank 1 glad tho so that's a bad argument.

Maybe if you were skilled and had awareness you would realize BEAN or whatever your guild is called is shit. All dog shit players. I'm suprised you can even hit the login button with your dogshit aim.

Ignoring what I wrote because its undebatable I see, Hopefully your in VII like Tzone though, should watch our video of yall trying to run away from us and getting 20 dudes trapped in a corner and getting slaughtered. Good times.

Also whats my playstyle? Ive been playing mounted/foot fatmage a lot recently and having a blast blowing kids up with 0 counterplay, I especially love it when in a group fight they start running towards me just so I can pull out my worn shortie and block 100% of their hits before they die.

Yeah Drest there's no counterplay to mage bro. You're just so good bro can you sign my mouse pad?

This 1v5 forum pvp is lame though, from the people who cry zerg all the time I expected more. That's funny irony though. Ill let you crying ragers in the rat alliance keep spewing BS though like usual. Im out.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Bernfred at least when most other people talk they don't sound like their brains transmitters are misfiring. Im a rank 1 glad tho so that's a bad argument.

Ignoring what I wrote because its undebatable I see, Hopefully your in VII like Tzone though, should watch our video of yall trying to run away from us and getting 20 dudes trapped in a corner and getting slaughtered. Good times.

Yeah Drest there's no counterplay to mage bro. You're just so good bro can you sign my mouse pad?

This 1v5 forum pvp is lame though, from the people who cry zerg all the time I expected more. That's funny irony though. Ill let you crying ragers in the rat alliance keep spewing BS though like usual. Im out.
Why are you even here if you dont want to have discussion. Did you just come to try and derail the tread.

Talking about chat PvP you just trying to mock snidely doesnt do anything except show that one you are dont arguing and dont intend to try any more, and two that you are so locked into your view that you wont ever change you mind no matter what. So many dishonest people here.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
Why are you even here if you dont want to have discussion. Did you just come to try and derail the tread.

Talking about chat PvP you just trying to mock snidely doesnt do anything except show that one you are dont arguing and dont intend to try any more, and two that you are so locked into your view that you wont ever change you mind no matter what. So many dishonest people here.

Read my first post and try and tell me I didn't come here to have a discussion, it's the zero respect responses which everyone always gets from your alliance that starts the problem. So then I will not give respect. Simple as that.