Crushing

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
My kind of dude! :)

Now imagine what kind of cool operations you could run with semi permanent mining camps and multiple players feeding a single slag hauler.

one issue though could be that the timing of mining(woodcutting at the moment might be faster than release. so maybe in the future this wouldn't work.

also, now each character can have one extraction at the time (as it was in MO1), so feeding multiple miners into a single slag-hauler will actually be much less efficient than multiple miners running the machine at the same time

This is why I was surprised they removed the que.

Even more surprised when no one had anything to say about it.

I think simply because most people were used to it being this way in MO1. processing things in parallel feels a bit too much imo, where you could just fill up a molva with mined stacks, then run them all in 10 mins at the same machine. adding a timer to each single extraction creates a fixed value for extracted good (as time = money), and somehow counters botting.

however there is a clear counter-argument for too long timers as well. I remember very well that during TC the "gameplay" of processing ores inside my house was merely alt-tabbing in game once in a while to refresh the extraction machine, while doing something else.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
one issue though could be that the timing of mining(woodcutting at the moment might be faster than release. so maybe in the future this wouldn't work.

also, now each character can have one extraction at the time (as it was in MO1), so feeding multiple miners into a single slag-hauler will actually be much less efficient than multiple miners running the machine at the same time

I think simply because most people were used to it being this way in MO1. processing things in parallel feels a bit too much imo, where you could just fill up a molva with mined stacks, then run them all in 10 mins at the same machine. adding a timer to each single extraction creates a fixed value for extracted good (as time = money), and somehow counters botting.

however there is a clear counter-argument for too long timers as well. I remember very well that during TC the "gameplay" of processing ores inside my house was merely alt-tabbing in game once in a while to refresh the extraction machine, while doing something else.
I don't think that they made the timer any shorter, just the process more convenient with the que system, though.

Reactions: Teknique

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
We for sure want the que back! I assumed that they just hadn't put it into the game yet.
It was already in and they removed it.

Hopefully it is just temp and they plan on bringing it back. But no word about that as of yet.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I hadn't tried until yesterday. :(
I tried it when the first put them out. It worked but after putting in multiple stacks the timer seemed to get behind.

Then in the last patch it was listed as a change that machines would only take one at a time now.

Now it gives you a text message that you can only have one at a time when you try to put more.

Hopefully it is just until the are able to correct the timers though.

Reactions: Rorry

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I would take a 10 minute timer that lets me move around and run 3 machines at once over standing at a fucking table unable to move away for 1 minute any day of the week. There should be difference between butchery and extraction.

Maybe flexible timers are the way to go. Longer run times give you a better yield per stack.
i dont have any issue with being able to change speed to be slower (up to a point) to match a certain timing if players really want to, or perhaps allow for processing more than a stack at a time (not queueing, but rather a single 20k stack (or bigger) so all results come out at the end).

personally i'd think intentionally slowing down your basic extraction to be surest folly but if you really want to take your time, why not

-barcode

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
So how are you using the
i dont have any issue with being able to change speed to be slower (up to a point) to match a certain timing if players really want to, or perhaps allow for processing more than a stack at a time (not queueing, but rather a single 20k stack (or bigger) so all results come out at the end).

personally i'd think intentionally slowing down your basic extraction to be surest folly but if you really want to take your time, why not

-barcode

Well I think you should get a better yield. So at 1 minute you get 16 jadeite and at 10 minutes 32 or something along those lines.