Constitution/stats bugged?

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Hello,

My attribute points are 0 however I have set my Psych to (-) and set my Con (+)
I've been playing for a week now and my Con is still stuck at 96 out of 116 , chopping wood, mining, etc.
Are my stats stuck?
and solutions?

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
I had mine stay for awhile as well. It started moving a bit today while fighting bandits and mining though. Still not full lol

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Certain attribute gains can be dreadfully slow. My amateur theory is that it's a symptom of the increased skill gain paired with a regular attribute gain rate.

or something about how constitution in particular can be hard to raise because attribute gain is tied to using skills which derive bonus pts from a primary and sometimes a secondary stat and perhaps the rate gain is bigger for the primary attribute for the skill than the secondary. I can't think of a skill offhand that uses constitution as the primary bonus attribute, but most of the skills we probably use to raise con have it as the secondary .

It might be a combo of both of these theories and maxed or locked skills don't raise attributes at a high rate possibly?

I don't know, but I've noticed the same issue with constitution in particular. I ended up bashing a training dummy with a woodchopping axe and continuously resetting my axe skill until I got my con where I needed last night. I tested later with max clubs on the dummy and still got a few Con ticks, but it took awhile.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Could be coincidence, but the difference is exactly 20 points. Is your character probably bulging? It matches exactly the penalty of that character weight.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
Fastest way to get con other than someone punching you while you block would be to repeatedly hit a training dummy with a torch, give that a try.