Compensation for Queue Issue

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I appreciate that those who supported SV won’t have their first month counted. That’s a very generous and thoughtful thing for gaming developers to do for their community, considering how the game is operating. Thus I think that there should be some kind of compensation for those who had to suffer almost 11 hours in a queue. Even now people are having their queue timers reset and many are not getting in. Many have spent agonizing hours, losing sleep, sacrificing work, spouse and kids only to remain locked in an endless queue.

My suggestions

Every account that has financially supported Mortal Online 2 in Alpha/Beta and those who had to suffer in the launch queues should be compensated with a second character. @Henrik Nyström

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I bet this is a shared thought among the community.

Reactions: Serverus

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
100 Percent agree. A new character or however long in hours it took in the queue transferred to membership time.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
My suggestions

Every account that has financially supported Mortal Online 2 in Alpha/Beta and those who had to suffer in the launch queues should be compensated with a second character. @Henrik Nyström
That's fairly reasonable. Some might rather have the choice between a second character slot and an extra month of subscription for what they've already paid.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
You mean having two characters on one account?

Correct.

While my idea doesn't directly match the OP, I was thinking SV could make a button which would be added to the character screen where you click it to give yourself a second character slot.

This buttons usability and or visibility would only be present when they bring out events, have situations like this, etc. Basically making it a time sensitive reward for dedicated players who are around and playing a lot.

I never think it should go pass 2 character slots.

But perhaps this button could be developed further to open up an ingame window to multiple rewards and points are given to accounts (1 point) then said points could be saved or spent on current rewards.

Essentially a revamped veteran point system that doesn't work off months subscribed but rather simply time sensitive windows that open up either to reward players playing at the time or to compensate them for issues.

All rewards beyond the character slot shouldn't be pay to win. Perhaps new cosmetics in character creation, unique titles, capes like MO1, etc.

Reactions: Starz

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Correct.

While my idea doesn't directly match the OP, I was thinking SV could make a button which would be added to the character screen where you click it to give yourself a second character slot.

This buttons usability and or visibility would only be present when they bring out events, have situations like this, etc. Basically making it a time sensitive reward for dedicated players who are around and playing a lot.

I never think it should go pass 2 character slots.

But perhaps this button could be developed further to open up an ingame window to multiple rewards and points are given to accounts (1 point) then said points could be saved or spent on current rewards.

Essentially a revamped veteran point system that doesn't work off months subscribed but rather simply time sensitive windows that open up either to reward players playing at the time or to compensate them for issues.

All rewards beyond the character slot shouldn't be pay to win. Perhaps new cosmetics in character creation, unique titles, capes like MO1, etc.
Not sure if I like the idea of two characters per account, as it completely goes against the one character system that this game was built on.

I would be happy with an additional month of game time as compensation instead.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Not sure if I like the idea of two characters per account, as it completely goes against the one character system that this game was built on.

There's a lot of stuff that goes against the "ideas the game was built on" but would help the game currently.

So changes might be in order.

Reactions: Starz

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki

@Henrik Nyström mentioned in a stream once that he was open to giving us 2 characters per account. But they would have the same surname. I am not sure if he meant they would have to be the same race. Would be interesting to learn more about his visions for that.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Irony is a lot of these launch issues could have prol been fixed if there were more slots per acct. I know I have two accts (tho I don't log them in at once.) I think the issue is deeper here, tho.

Obviously, being able to switch characters without logging in and out would be huge, but this is going to require a huge (YUGE) fix. ALL OUR FEARS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED. As much as I'd like a second char on my accts, I'd rather them fix the game, and I don't even want to imagine compensation until the fix is in and the game is running as smoothly as it did in beta. We can deal w/ a little lag here and there, but... wow.

Sometimes, imagining the happy end of something is very helpful in getting thru it; life experience wise, imagining a happy end to something you have no control over is just extremely griefy. Trust yaboy.

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
Is this for becoming craft independent ? Or being able to change your role from warrior to mage depending on the PvP needs ?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Is this for becoming craft independent ? Or being able to change your role from warrior to mage depending on the PvP needs ?
I think it's more to allow players to have more than one playstyle or build. Though a layer of player dependence and interaction might be removed as well, as two characters could potentially allow a player to craft a lot more things for themselves.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I think it's more to allow players to have more than one playstyle or build. Though a layer of player dependence and interaction might be removed as well, as two characters could potentially allow a player to craft a lot more things for themselves.

Regardless. Players will use multiple accounts.

Jan 28, 2022
It's all One server, One world, One character. Your choises matter and you build or destroy your reputation - until you think you should get something for your time in a queue that was just though luck, understandable at launch or the same for everyone. Ahha.

Reactions: Vulpin

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I don't understand the point of this thread we're acknowledging that we're being compensate by having the subscription requirement to play disabled until the issue is resolved, but still asking for more because some people think they're required to sit in front of their computer while waiting in que?

My simple solution to this thread is just do something else while waiting in que like a normal person. No one forcing you to stare at your computer monitor watching the que screen for multiple hours. I for one have been playing minecraft, Monster hunter, an watching movies while in que you can do the same or something different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgr and Najwalaylah