Combat Suggestions [Feedback & Ideas Appreciated]

What is your opinion on the experimental idea?

• Variation 'C' of the idea sounds amazing!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
My only words to share in this.... Stam loss on hit is dumb... As a fighter myself... getting hit doesn't make me tired, hitting people makes me tired. Only a really good shot will take the wind out of you... something at 0 damage would be like a graze to the arm... does nothing.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I don't really know how I feel about any of this tbh. Change is good...but damn things seem way more complicated this go around than how it worked in MO1.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't really know how I feel about any of this tbh. Change is good...but damn things seem way more complicated this go around than how it worked in MO1.
I think they just need to do ping normalization.

Its fine in teamfights

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Most people here would say Greylock is extremely hard to land a hit on (whoever that is).

We just haven't really figured out the science yet its actually pretty easy to break a block.

He is so much easier to hit than you. His connection is good and normal.
He is good in MO1, too, so he already has pvp skill. I tried to upload a video of the duel I had with him but youtube said it only allowed videos up to 15 mins and mine was too long. of course it didn't tell me till after I had waited for it to upload so I didn't have time to trim it last night.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Here is a trimmed version.
Welp thats 15 minutes I won't be getting back.

I sense he was holding back there, but it did seem like you could block there.

Interesting that my internal dialogue of how he sounded turned out to match exactly.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I did title it long and boring. :)
I didn't realize for the longest time that he was healing up so I didn't heal through most of it otherwise it probably would have been even longer.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
One thing I'd mention that also feels a bit clunky is that getting parried seems to start an internal cooldown before you can start another attack or block another direction. It's not at all smooth like in MO1 getting parried and being able to seamlessly continue combat. I don't really like it for the sake of smoothness, and it just makes everything feel that much slower.

It might also be attributing to the fact aggressive playstyles aren't really working because currently if you DO get parried / blocked, your ability to continue is slowed down.

Reactions: Rorry

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Checked the shield block, it's actually 16 stamina. We're both wrong. But thank you for the feedback.
I was testing this one day and i got very random numbers. Changed almost every time i did a parry. Dunno if it had to do with stam reg or something but seemed quite sketchy. Also i dunno if it calculates the weapon as well, so need testing for that to.

Imagine if they actually could do ping normalization.
Henrik have sad they have a few things they can try to do, to make it better.

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
i personaly like the idea of variation B but i also , not so much that i disagree with parry radius is just that, depending on prediction players can run ad hit you in the back faster than the server can represent them doing so that why some ppl still get hit in duels by players looking away from them. im NA east with low'ish ping and i still have issue when i run around someone and they have their back wide open to me but still counter my attacks cuz on my screen they haven spun around yet lol