Combat observations

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
[...]Chambering would be to depending on latency so would probably work for EU players vs EU players and probably also EU vs NA east coast but not EU vs Austrailia or EU vs west NA.
I loved Mordahu chambering, especially because is an advanced technique that you learn and start to master after a while you feel comfortable with basic techniques, so it makes you feel as you are really learning new way of fighting.
It enhances your capability to deal with enemy attacks/feints/morphs.

Chambering, in 1vs1 situations is awesome but I'm a bit concerned about large crowded battles.
If not tweaked correctly, chambering window time, direction and position; could be deleterious for an actual more vs more close battles;
it could leave place for some sort of abusing.

I'm not in alpha combat, so I don't really know how the game/netcode feels, but in my modest opinion tweak chambering to make it works for a world wide audience on a single geographical server it's a very big pain in the a**, if not possible at all (if you would keep a fast and smooth combat).

Last edited:

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I loved Mordahu chambering, especially because is an advanced technique that you learn and start to master after a while you feel comfortable with basic techniques, so it makes you feel as you are really learning new way of fighting.
It enhances your capability to deal with enemy attacks/feints/morphs.

Chambering, in 1vs1 situations is awesome but I'm a bit concerned about large crowded battles.
If not tweaked correctly, chambering window time, direction and position; could be deleterious for an actual more vs more close battles;
it could leave place for some sort of abusing.

I'm not in alpha combat, so I don't really know how the game/netcode feels, but in my modest opinion tweak chambering to make it works for a world wide audience on a single geographical server it's a very big pain in the a**, if not possible at all (if you would keep a fast and smooth combat).
Yea when i first learned about chambering i felt like "this is the authentic way to parry" But i dont think it will be possible in MO2 as the combat will have minor delays compared to MO1 but it will still be kinda bad compared to the low latency in Mordhau.

Reactions: Grisù

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/some-clean-nice-sword-fighting.328/ I found this 2 Videos and made a comment how to improve combat, by adding one of those options and test them out seperatly during combat alpha.

I think combo attacks would be nice.

Option 1: could be : Fully charged left attack into right swing or overhead.

Option 2: Maybe canceled reposte strike (Feint) into another directional attack ? Maybe the parry strikes would have to be made a little slower to make this mechanic work.

Option 3: Making it possible to make a 2 swing combo after a parry, such as repost left swing into overhead or step repost.

Maybe make it possible to bind left and right block to hotkeys such as thump mouse buttom 1 and 2 and mid block on right mouse, to give you more controll ?

What of the option you think might work ? Which of the options would you prefer ? If all mentioned options would be added it would be too much, but adding one of those options would be very nice.

Option 4 : I am not sure if this option work in an mmo, but it should be tried out during the combat alpha.

Last Option could be if Starvoault would implement charged swings on left mouse + the direction in which you are looking, as it is now for the first hit, when you run towards an opponent and add comboable fast swings as an option if you are in close combat, as in chivalery/Mordhau.

With fast swings i mean swings which can´t be charged but comboed and which would deal less damage as charged attacks. One fluid animation of charging the weapon and releasing it.

The fast swings could be bound on Q = left swing, E= rigth swing Mouse forward =steb and mousewheel down= overhead ? This combines with the mortal online blocking mechanics, becuase aimed blocking would be terrible for low ping players ?

I think all of the 4 options should be tried out seperatly and if they are bad they should be removed.