Combat Bug Examples

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Hey guys,

I've been dueling and testing the combat alpha for over 100 hours and have noticed some re-occurring bugs that are negatively impacting the enjoyment of PvP.

Here's an example of a direct disadvantage of higher ping players (I'm in NA) as you can see my block comes out in time but I still receive damage. This can make attacks virtually un-reactable.

Here's an example of a blocking bug which TheTyGuy and I have tested and proven to be abuseable. It truly hurts when this happens.

Final example showcases a common bug where a counter attack doesn't trigger after a successful parry. This happens to me ALL THE TIME causing me to lose trades.

Please continue to test the Alpha guys. We need more visual examples of issues with the combat so we can get these ironed out before release. Thank you!

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Hey guys,

I've been dueling and testing the combat alpha for over 100 hours and have noticed some re-occurring bugs that are negatively impacting the enjoyment of PvP.

Here's an example of a direct disadvantage of higher ping players (I'm in NA) as you can see my block comes out in time but I still receive damage. This can make attacks virtually un-reactable.

Here's an example of a blocking bug which TheTyGuy and I have tested and proven to be abuseable. It truly hurts when this happens.

Final example showcases a common bug where a counter attack doesn't trigger after a successful parry. This happens to me ALL THE TIME causing me to lose trades.

Please continue to test the Alpha guys. We need more visual examples of issues with the combat so we can get these ironed out before release. Thank you!
Sure, we can test the alpha. You got 149$ you can spare for each of us?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
We need a few more pure combat patches to fine tune and bug fix it.

Too bad its 2 weeks between patches or else we could do some more testing with different changes.

Reactions: PatWins

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
We need a few more pure combat patches to fine tune and bug fix it.

Too bad its 2 weeks between patches or else we could do some more testing with different changes.
Man if only there were a lot more testers giving feedback so more things can be changed in those two weeks huh? Too bad too many people are huge pussies and won't fork over the 149$ to have the opportunity to work for Henrik.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Whats your ping? The first one happened sometimes in MO1 for me with 180 ping, but mostly on stabs. Wheres the improved prediction/sync?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Just a question regarding the GIF. What do you mean with counter attack does not trigger?

Isn't a parry in MO2 as fast as a normal attack, and the only difference is that does the same damage as a fully charged hit, without fully charging it?

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Just a question regarding the GIF. What do you mean with counter attack does not trigger?

Isn't a parry in MO2 as fast as a normal attack, and the only difference is that does the same damage as a fully charged hit, without fully charging it?
So when you parry you have the ability to launch a fully charged counter attack. It charges and releases much faster than a normal attack. My example shows that I've successfully parried and return with a normal speed attack instead of a counter. It's a common bug and I'm happy to show you a clip of what a counter looks like compared to a normal swing for your reference.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Whats your ping? The first one happened sometimes in MO1 for me with 180 ping, but mostly on stabs. Wheres the improved prediction/sync?
It happens all the time for me in MO2. Think its something buggy with the delay or something. It was not happening until the patch with the delay for me.
Happens alot when you change your block direction in time to parry but somehow it goes through. Not 100% sure though.
Also happens agaist low ping players probably cause they have faster actions than players with delay.

Helix

May 28, 2020
A lot of these issues seem to be based on ping. It shouldn't be a shocker that playing with >150 ping across the pond is a huge issue when it comes to extremely reflex sensitive things like, you know, blocking / parrying, side stepping, etc.

Please for the sake of the game consider having regional servers other wise this will be a mess akin to the steam release of MO 1.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
A lot of these issues seem to be based on ping. It shouldn't be a shocker that playing with >150 ping across the pond is a huge issue when it comes to extremely reflex sensitive things like, you know, blocking / parrying, side stepping, etc.

Please for the sake of the game consider having regional servers other wise this will be a mess akin to the steam release of MO 1.
I agree. I think we should have servers for each of the following regions: NA West, NA East, South America, Southeast Asia/Australia, Northeast Asia, Russia, Eastern Europe and Western Europe

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Add to these problems the fact that a Euro can parry every single hit (much more so than MO1) and it isn't fun to play from NA.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Add to these problems the fact that a Euro can parry every single hit (much more so than MO1) and it isn't fun to play from NA.
I'd have to agree here, Rorry. I was able to verify that EU players straight up have more time to react to swings. A few milliseconds makes a huge difference in a game like MO.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I'd have to agree here, Rorry. I was able to verify that EU players straight up have more time to react to swings. A few milliseconds makes a huge difference in a game like MO.
This has always been an issue, but now not only do they parry easier but attack faster too...

PatWins

May 28, 2020
This has always been an issue, but now not only do they parry easier but attack faster too...
Yeah, the only solutions to this would be to make counter attacks too fast to block no matter your ping or make regional servers.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Just remember when it does come to that millisecond, it goes both ways. A higher latency player may have to push harder to make openings vs the lower latency can respond faster. Unless they can make contact before you can see their attack releases, then both sides have an advantage.

Sadly we all want the same responding speed to level out the playing grounds for everyone. I'm definitely not a heavy pushing attacker, but I've had middle of the road latency and found I'm stuck in the middle of high latency pushes and a slower response time than low latency players. Just made it really hard to pick a fighting style when it changes depending on the opponent's latency...

I truly hope they find a good middle ground though. I'm excited to start testing soon!! :D