Combat Alpha Patch Notes 0.0.0.31

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I really dont like these change. If you want kill the Core of your game I think you found the way. The worst change is Keeping a swing charged for too long will eventually do very low damage.
Speed limit 360spins if its like MO1 its fine.

• Added a swing Force system, damage will now scale depending on where in the swing animation your weapon connects a hit. Hitting very early or late in the animation will do less damage, and then scale up towards the middle of the swing for maximum force.
  • Added a turn speed decreased while holding a swing charged.
  • Added a turn speed limit to handle 360 spins.
  • Added more middle steps to the power system of the swings. (Depending on how long your hold your mouse button while charging)
    Hard charge now loses one power level every second when overcharging. (Keeping a swing charged for too long will eventually do very low damage.

I dont have to justify why I dont like these change. If you really think these change are good well.. you clearly never liked MO1 Melee. There is some "Speed" That need to get turn down so we have a better Sync between player. But if you have to remove all the "Skill based" Tricks that people use to confuse enemy and get true parry, well..we should just go back play MO1 at this point.

Good luck. lil come back complain next melee combat patch.

Reactions: Rorry and Teknique

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
yeah! i love MO1 teleport everywhere and noskill sticky back online! mate are you daft?! right now game NEEDS turn speed caps or else fighting is going to be so SUPER BAD

• Sad
Reactions: Rorry

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
MO2 melee combat is starting to feel nothing like MO1. Apparently your not supposed to go through someone from EU parry, the skill based tricks from MO1 were a bug that has been fixed. You can now play Ping Pong Online like Henrik really intended:

Running around or looking anywhere other than your enemy is not skill based and therefore not allowed.

Reactions: Rorry and Teknique

Rhias

May 28, 2020
@Bicorps You're playing MO2, or just reading patch notes?
"Keeping a swing charged for too long will eventually do very low damage. "
Most "normal" player don't even notice it. It happens when you hold down a weapon for like 20 seconds. Which usually nobody does. Unless you camp in the backline with a heavy maul. I like the change.

"Added a swing Force system, damage will now scale depending on where in the swing animation your weapon connects a hit. Hitting very early or late in the animation will do less damage, and then scale up towards the middle of the swing for maximum force. "
There are ways how you can get a hit basically registered almost instantly after releasing. It's a great change that those hits are penalized.

"Added a turn speed limit to handle 360 spins."
Most players feel annoyed by it. Personally I don't notice it (maybe turning to slow with to low mouse sensitivity.) Doing a 360 while releasing a swing still works. At least with slower 2h swords.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The only thing about this patch I disagree with is the swing reducing to very low damage from holding it too long.

I watched a load of group fights in game today and I was specifically looking out to see if people were cancelling their swings a lot to avoid the damage loss, and they are indeed.

I think the damage loss should slowly go from 100% damage down to 75% or so and stay there, as there should be no reason to cancel your swing and recharge on the spot simply to get more damage which is what everyone is doing anyway.

I think if you have a swing charged it should be worth it to keep it charged rather than resetting.

It also just doesn't make any sense in general.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The only thing about this patch I disagree with is the swing reducing to very low damage from holding it too long.

I watched a load of group fights in game today and I was specifically looking out to see if people were cancelling their swings a lot to avoid the damage loss, and they are indeed.

I think the damage loss should slowly go from 100% damage down to 75% or so and stay there, as there should be no reason to cancel your swing and recharge on the spot simply to get more damage which is what everyone is doing anyway.

I think if you have a swing charged it should be worth it to keep it charged rather than resetting.

Charging a swing also costs stamina. I think most people already canceled their swings before this patch, to not waste stamina.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
@Bicorps You're playing MO2, or just reading patch notes?

I dont need to play to see when they do good or bad change and give feedback. I also dont need to justify myself on why I disagree with these change. Its obviously from a VET perspective that loved meleePvP in MO1 that these change are not good for the core.

If you want make MO2 Unskilled and newb friendly, you are on the good way.

MO2 melee combat is starting to feel nothing like MO1. Apparently your not supposed to go through someone from EU parry, the skill based tricks from MO1 were a bug that has been fixed. You can now play Ping Pong Online like Henrik really intended:

Running around or looking anywhere other than your enemy is not skill based and therefore not allowed.

After looking this video im glad I didnt join the alpha... that make me anxious.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
After looking this video im glad I didnt join the alpha... that make me anxious.

That's a perfect example why you should test things. Both players in that video are really good at parrying, and tried on purpose to parry as many parrys as possible. At least the majority of my fights are not that way.

Kobalt

Aug 29, 2020
I dont need to play to see when they do good or bad change and give feedback. I also dont need to justify myself on why I disagree with these change. Its obviously from a VET perspective that loved meleePvP in MO1 that these change are not good for the core.

If you want make MO2 Unskilled and newb friendly, you are on the good way.

Should they cater to the veterans? Doesn't seem like there's enough of those to make the game profitable. While I don't agree with all the changes, I think reducing the gimmicks in combat is definitely a good thing.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That's a perfect example why you should test things. Both players in that video are really good at parrying, and tried on purpose to parry as many parrys as possible. At least the majority of my fights are not that way.
You might feel different about that if you were on the continent where you’re expected to play with less time to react to everything and 2-3x the difficulty to land a swing but then are told because you looked away slightly you’re noob.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Except if you are from NA and fighting anyone from east of you every fight is like that, with the added bonus that sometimes the person parries you without their animation moving on your screen or while they are charging a swing or even while swinging, and furthermore the sounds of combat are incorrect so that you can swing, appear to hit your opponent, get the sound of having damaged your opponent, but really they parried you and now have a fast swing that hits you while you are parrying or before you get an animation to see which direction they are swinging from.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
@Bicorps In duels at least holding your swing too long doesn't really come into play as you will be parried every time if you fully charge a swing. (Don't know about team fights as there are never more than three or so players from NA on during the time I can play, even on patch day.)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

I really don’t know how that damage loss is going to play out in the real game. It seemed added for a wonky reason of block abuse but that doesn’t really make any sense.

who knows maybe it’ll nerf mounted combat at least. I hope it doesn’t mess with trying to sticky someone too bad

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I really don’t know how that damage loss is going to play out in the real game. It seemed added for a wonky reason of block abuse but that doesn’t really make any sense.

who knows maybe it’ll nerf mounted combat at least. I hope it doesn’t mess with trying to sticky someone too bad

It should give you an advantage will stick back someone because you do more Damage when you release your swing right after the animation. Like we all do when sticky back someone..... Holding Swing will trying to sticky back someone kill your stam anyways and if its really 20second i rly think it change nothing sticky back wise.

I dont like this change because of 1v1 situation. Its already hard to go true someone parry that if you remove this tricks it will make 1v1 Fight even longer which is bad. being enable to charge weapon and hold it also push people to exchange hit which make the 1v1 less long.

yee I didnt think about Mounted...it kinda nerf them in some ways which I like.

But hey ! I dont even play Alpha ! Like some kid say I should not even be there giving feedback and opinion. So good luck with this development ;) lil stay quiet.

Reactions: Rhias

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You might feel different about that if you were on the continent where you’re expected to play with less time to react to everything and 2-3x the difficulty to land a swing but then are told because you looked away slightly you’re noob.
Except if you are from NA and fighting anyone from east of you every fight is like that, with the added bonus that sometimes the person parries you without their animation moving on your screen or while they are charging a swing or even while swinging, and furthermore the sounds of combat are incorrect so that you can swing, appear to hit your opponent, get the sound of having damaged your opponent, but really they parried you and now have a fast swing that hits you while you are parrying or before you get an animation to see which direction they are swinging from.

I don't quite get how your comments are related to the video. The video shows how it works perfectly fine, no?
It does not show any issues with ping. And I didn't say there are no issues with the ping. I said not all fights are just looking into the face and parrying even the parrys of the enemy...

Except if you are from NA and fighting anyone from east of you every fight is like that
So every fight is like the one in video, and you're able to parry every hit, even the ones that are parrys with bad ping? That's amazing.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't quite get how your comments are related to the video. The video shows how it works perfectly fine, no?
It does not show any issues with ping. And I didn't say there are no issues with the ping. I said not all fights are just looking into the face and parrying even the parrys of the enemy...

Except if you are from NA and fighting anyone from east of you every fight is like that
So every fight is like the one in video, and you're able to parry every hit, even the ones that are parrys with bad ping? That's amazing.
I mean that’s a fight vs 20-30 ping vs 13. I don’t know how it shows anything about NA like you’re suggesting. I think it shows it works perfectly fine if ping isn’t involved and even that looks trash as fuck where’s the nice flicks and feints and throwing off timing, shit looks hella dumb

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I mean that’s a fight vs 20-30 ping vs 13. I don’t know how it shows anything about NA like you’re suggesting. I think it shows it works perfectly fine if ping isn’t involved and even that looks trash as fuck where’s the nice flicks and feints and throwing off timing, shit looks hella dumb
Right, it says nothing of the usual situation and issues. And I never said it did. Or to quote myself "At least the majority of my fights are not that way. ".
Still you quoted me and said it's not like in the video for NA players. That's exactly why I said. Someone like Bicorps who does not play and only watches videos should not provide feedback. Cause those videos are nowhere close to reality.

Last edited:

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020

IS NOT SUPPOSE TO FEEL LIKE MO1 THIS IS MO2

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique