Clade System Rework Discussion:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Can we do this now for real, now that the MO is Playable e-mail has been deployed? There are enough problems. I think my problem is I type too much and then there can be no discussion. Bullet point wise, I think:

2 clade zombies is absolutely sadistic. You can make them 2 after a certain point, but early game there is nowhere to gain clade, really, and being able to get like c5 or 6 off zombies is fair enough IMO.

If there really are no plans for clade reset, that MUST be looked into!

Some clade gifts are over powered (imo, especially the raw + ones that apply to all weight classes, mainly ogh and alv ones)

Some of the clade gifts can be merged into one to make room for other relevant clade gifts. There currently are not... bowyer clade gifts, taming clade gifts, cc clade gifts, cook clade gifts, just off the top. I mean, since food is so freaking basic atm, I dunno if I'd be opposed to a 'cook' clade gift that gave you extra quality on top of even 100/100/100. Same with I think there should be a 'your mounted horse does not count against your CC', or a gift to raw increase CC for beast masters.

Other thoughts? :eek:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
dreamer, maybe you're just bored of playing this game already, go play other games or find a job in real life, get busy, stop jerking off;)

• Haha
Reactions: Senusret

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
dreamer, maybe you're just bored of playing this game already, go play other games or find a job in real life, get busy, stop jerking off;)

pm me if you wanna talk anymore ;)

I also think Thursars definitely need pve gifts, at least gathering buff gifts. As I said before in another thread, the secret to adding more gifts to a clade tree, if people are uncomfortable with completely merging them is make them level 2, etc, so they aren't taking up 2 or 3 spots for the same type of gifts and thus adding diversity.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bump this also!

GIVE US MORE WAYS TO EARN CLADE PTS, SHEIT, and make it retroactive. All the wep skills I leveled n lores. I NEED CLADE PTS FOR THAT. Way harder than killing mobs.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
ALL Hostile creatures should give varying amounts of Clade according to rarity/usefulness of resource drop, the level, and their difficulty. That's how it should be.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

GMACK

Apr 8, 2021
don't forget to share clades with healers or allow crafters to earn them with gathering/crafting. yea... probably never gonna happen

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
I think Zombies giving 2 Clade is kind of depressing with a fresh character, and do agree that diminishing returns on Zombie Clade after say, level 5, would be a better solution.

I also think more creatures should provide some Clade. Alpha Predators (wolves, bears, etc.) should give some Clade...

And Clade distribution for support roles needs to exist. A healer should not have to do damage to gain Clade...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Here's my epic human clade rework roadmap again. lool. Got a lil lazy w/ my end circles. The things circled in RED should be NEW, UNRELATED clade gifts. They can either make the two that are connected by arrows merged into 1 point or make them 2 points but so that you can level it 1 lvl/2 lvl by clicking it again.

They should go thru and do this with every clade so that there can be a lot more clade gifts to make things unique. No reason to have doubles or '+ then +max' gifts when each slot could be a unique thing. I also wrote in what I think, for instance, human should get in terms of point/percentage changes for being a townsperson, but that's something you can ignore or not!

I really think the clade idea is cool, but I feel like what they laid out at first was pretty much a placeholder and if it goes to the end with all of these double gift spots, that's really gonna SUCK.

I still also think we need to gain clade exp for each effective lvl 100 skill we get. We should even get clade experience for journal entries. Should be just popping clade exp all of the time, isn't that the point of playing? discovering new animals, pickables, areas, etc... SANDBOX STUFF. Try to make it less of a needless farm.

Attachments

• humm.jpg
    humm.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 7