Character slots

Jan 28, 2022
A lot of people are already choosing not to buy this, because 15e monthly is too much for a game in their eyes, that's one of the highest subscription fees on the market for the most broken game available. A lot of current playerbase would not be willing to go higher than that most likely. Extra characters keep the people playing the game - simple as that. Grass is always greener on the other side. It's a normal function of the human mind to want to try something different and new.

When people get bored in the playstyle their character was built towards, 80% of them will quit and put an end to the sub. People re-rolling and buying secondary accounts are a clear minority.

This game (and SV) would propably do better in the long run, with a lowered sub fee and a +1-2 character slots to keep people playing and paying.

Reactions: MolagAmur

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Constantly making new characters with unique builds or a specific purpose aided in the longevity for a lot of people in MO1 I think. Its always fun to try new builds or to reroll to fill a role your guild needs.

I personally have two accounts. I'm already trying to figure out which character I'm going to like the most so I can potentially go back to one. Paying and extra $15 a month for one character just sounds meh.

And with my character also being the weaponcrafter...once I commit to getting all the lores maxed there isn't really any rerolling. If I were the average player, I'd prob just quit if I had to buy another account to try a different playstyle.

Last edited:

King Christof

Jan 27, 2022
A lot of people are already choosing not to buy this, because 15e monthly is too much for a game in their eyes, that's one of the highest subscription fees on the market for the most broken game available. A lot of current playerbase would not be willing to go higher than that most likely. Extra characters keep the people playing the game - simple as that. Grass is always greener on the other side. It's a normal function of the human mind to want to try something different and new.

When people get bored in the playstyle their character was built towards, 80% of them will quit and put an end to the sub. People re-rolling and buying secondary accounts are a clear minority.

This game (and SV) would propably do better in the long run, with a lowered sub fee and a +1-2 character slots to keep people playing and paying.

I believe you are correct with buying secondary accounts however re-rolling is a very common thing to do in MO2. Especially when one joins a guild. At least this is my experience.

Jan 28, 2022
I believe you are correct with buying secondary accounts however re-rolling is a very common thing to do in MO2. Especially when one joins a guild. At least this is my experience.

But with what amount of players ? If you have 500-1000 people who absolutely love the game, they probably wont have a problem rerolling, but if you have a playerbase of let's say 10k where 8-9k are much more casual gamers they might not want to reroll. And if you want a game to succeed, you want people playing it.

I have no problem rerolling, I'm on version 5.0 of my character. Haven is starting to get pretty familiar. But it's starting to get really old, really really old.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
But with what amount of players ? If you have 500-1000 people who absolutely love the game, they probably wont have a problem rerolling, but if you have a playerbase of let's say 10k where 8-9k are much more casual gamers they might not want to reroll. And if you want a game to succeed, you want people playing it.

I have no problem rerolling, I'm on version 5.0 of my character. Haven is starting to get pretty familiar. But it's starting to get really old, really really old.
Dont think MO2 is really advertised for the casual gamer.
I would like to see more character slots but honestly not that important for me personaly, 2 accounts will use one for rerolling.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Constantly making new characters with unique builds or a specific purpose aided in the longevity for a lot of people in MO1 I think. Its always fun to try new builds or to reroll to fill a role your guild needs.

I personally have two accounts. I'm already trying to figure out which character I'm going to like the most so I can potentially go back to one. Paying and extra $15 a month for one character just sounds meh.

And with my character also being the weaponcrafter...once I commit to getting all the lores maxed there isn't really any rerolling. If I were the average player, I'd prob just quit if I had to buy another account to try a different playstyle.
This. I rerolled prob 100 times in MO1. I'm glad I didnt keep track cuz I would have felt retarded. Always wanted to try a new weird build.

Then theres MO2. I cant reroll because I wasted 6+ hours jsut getting my clade gift points to 10. and many hours just grinding crafting and reading books.

Wait until you want to have ur clade gifts so ur character isnt gimped. And crafting. Then every reroll throws out tons of hours of not fun grinding that you did because you needed them to be competitive.