Change the login screen

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
I really think the current login screen is ugly, it honestly reminds me of what a kid would make and doesnt really convey the 'feeling' of mortal online.

Personally I think the original one
Does a much better job, but that may just be nostalgia.

Oh, and please add some artwork to the loading screen.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I liked that one ,with the char sit on the dock "waiting" to enter, and the music ! Wow!

Agree also with the artwork, well better artworks that MO1 I hope. The kimuru ones i.e. seem made by a 6 years child.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I'm ok with it myself. It strongly reminds me of oldschool games. It's why when I first saw it, I immediately had the idea to play it to old Runescape login music.

• Wow
Reactions: Bernfred

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
I imagine they still have rights to this music... I hope it's at least played somewhere ingame oneday. Feel like ive heard it in MO1 somewhere just can't think of where.

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
Agreed!

A remake of this with the new environment assets would be amazing and of course the soundtrack itself. The music is just fantastic, top tier soundtracks no doubt about it a absolute masterpiece!

I also wish SV would work the art of the UI. The current one is so bland and boring.

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
100% Agree! Who would leave freshly forged and expensive swords sticking in the ground to impale a skull (dry and without any flesh, so probably quite old) next to the ruin of a chapel.

SV please change it or at least release the story behind that login screen scene!

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
100% Agree! Who would leave freshly forged and expensive swords sticking in the ground to impale a skull (dry and without any flesh, so probably quite old) next to the ruin of a chapel.

SV please change it or at least release the story behind that login screen scene!
Exactly, it looks beyond silly.
If that screen was my first impression of the game I would just think it was a hobby project made by a few people in a basement that went overboard with some cool assets they found and tried to make a pvp arena game, not a living world UO successor.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I have a ton of nostalgia for that original login screen as well, it just had the right feel to it. Which is interesting because it is totally random for your dude to be sitting on the edge of a dock and whatnot, but it just fit, it felt right and was perfect. I'm not sure why they ever felt the need to change it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I imagine they still have rights to this music... I hope it's at least played somewhere ingame oneday. Feel like ive heard it in MO1 somewhere just can't think of where.
Sounds like a haven song

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
I have a ton of nostalgia for that original login screen as well, it just had the right feel to it. Which is interesting because it is totally random for your dude to be sitting on the edge of a dock and whatnot, but it just fit, it felt right and was perfect. I'm not sure why they ever felt the need to change it.
Ye, I think it trumps all the ones they made subsequently, but very aware im quite biased

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
what does the current screen do not suit you? me as a player who played mo1 only at the very beginning suits me. You have some kind of nastalgia on the first part =)) go play it.

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
what does the current screen do not suit you? me as a player who played mo1 only at the very beginning suits me. You have some kind of nastalgia on the first part =)) go play it.

Ah, telling people to go play MO1 when they critisize an aspect of MO2! Very clever!

The answer to your question is literally in the comments. All loading screens except the one with the lake had this "Hey we have those assets, let's throw them all onto a totally incoherent pile" concept. The people here wanted to express that SV could maybe do better - the first impression counts.

Reactions: Dracu

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Ah, telling people to go play MO1 when they critisize an aspect of MO2! Very clever!

The answer to your question is literally in the comments. All loading screens except the one with the lake had this "Hey we have those assets, let's throw them all onto a totally incoherent pile" concept. The people here wanted to express that SV could maybe do better - the first impression counts.

Just ignore him.

Login screen sucks.

D

Dracu

something without grass would be good maybe with a bit more action... maybe not even 3D but 2d slightly animated. Banners of the races flowing in the wind in an epic battle or siege scene or what do i know xD maybe even steal from wow. Their login screens arent bad either. Lots of possibilitys, to make a first epic impression. But tbh this whole discussion is pretty much nitpicking... not like we sit all day in login screen... once the crashes are fixed xD