Change Armor Animation on equipment break- intended?

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Currently, when your armor breaks, you are stuck in place doing the equipment change animation for a second. I was wondering, is this intended? Is it not enough punishment that a piece of my armor just broke, leaving that portion of my hitbox vulnerable? Now I'm stuck in place, unable to parry if the person who broke my armor wants to swing on me. Due to the animation, my opponent now also gets 1 or 2 free hits on me that I can't stop. Not to mention, it's not realistic for me to 'unequip' armor that just shattered to pieces. I hope that this will go away in the future as an unintended mechanic.

As a side note, it also seems to me that gear durability drains just a little bit too quickly. I understand that gear breaking is an important core mechanic that drives the economy of the game, but with this in mind it seems to me that gear should last a little longer, say 25-50% longer than it currently does. I'm one of those people that wants to be in combat as much as possible, and last weekend I broke about 10 sets of gear from full durability to 0. Honestly, that seems a bit much.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
I agree, it's stupid to have an armor piece breaking effectively stun you for a sec. I dont think theres any point to it.

If you can keep moving freely when your armor breaks, there should be a clear sound cue though, so you know an armor piece just broke, without looking at your paper doll. Maybe just the same sound as a weapon breaking?