Can we undo the trinket drop nerf?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Last server update has some ninja patches serverside.

Drop rates for everything is way down. Friends been farming non stop and since that patch they havent been getting trinkets on the higher end mobs. Some of them have gotten some but at a much lower rate.

Risar drops are way down too.

It made a reason to log into the game and do something, now its a real bummer. Most of the trinkets you were getting were pretty trash anyways.
Please unnerf the PvE trinket drops, even if the trinkets you got where bad they still gave you the feel good feeling when every you got a unidentified and then more endorphins when you went to ID the trinket.

Work on trinket sinks for the game.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
If you only log on for trinkets. Your a menace. The Trinkets Should be rare as fuck. Even if its a shit trinket.

They give stats for free. Even the shittiest trinkets give you an advantage. You can argue that jewelry is common. and everyone should have access to it. But If they budge on the trinket rarities, What els are you gonna ask for?

More Relics, when that gets introduced, More "Special clades" for everyone. (Deamon Hunter, Vampirism) More rare magic schools for everyone? Demonology, Dragon Magic. More flying mounts if they actually decide to make them.

Henrik Said All these rare things like Magic schools, clade, flying mounts Are supposed to be rare as fuck. The rare magic if you obtained its secrets will then be locked once a certain # of people gain access to it. If thoes people then go AFK for a month or so and dont log in, The magic will release its self from the host, going back into the world looking for a new host.
He said if flying mounts are added into the game, Only a handful of players will have access to them. Perhaps only obtained from rare world events.

Trinkets should be the same imo. Ive seen 2 Skadite trinkets for sell. The saved like 15 attribute points just for one trinket. That is op as fuck! They also gave about 30-50 free skill points in action/profession.

I also hope once they make Jewelry crafting you wont just be able to make a trinket as good as the ones that are dropped from bosses.

I really dont want to see everyone running around with Oghmium Diamond trinkets, Getting + 50 free attribute points and 80-100 free skill points.

D

Deleted member 44

Immediate and noticable nerfs. I was getting a guarteed rare drop ratio on one monster and now I get a much worse trinket more frequently from the same creature. Not cool SV.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Immediate and noticable nerfs. I was getting a guarteed rare drop ratio on one monster and now I get a much worse trinket more frequently from the same creature. Not cool SV.
So what ur saying is they made rare drops rare. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Hodo

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Henrik Said
Let's just stop there.

The problem is that they've released some content that at least gave you a reason to go out and grind, there was a lot of PvP everywhere, and then they nerfed it to the point where it doesn't matter anymore. I'm not grinding for hours to maybe get one shit amulet with stats that are irrelevant to me (maybe even +skills that aren't even in game yet) in a whole day. Trinkets are not good enough to waste your time on them. They don't add anything to the game (again they used to give players a reason to log in but that's in the past now), no more than bounty hunting (which too isn't worth doing).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Which is kind of crap since people already farmed a shitload of it, and everyone coming later is fucked.
Originally Henrik promised the patch stuff in weaker and then buffing it instead of the other way around.

And what happened with trinkes? On patch day they release super strong trinkets. Next patch: the new trinkets are much worse than the pre patch ones (which get converted to higher tier ones). And now there is another nerf to the droprate. Everyone showing up late to the party is significabtly at a disadvantage.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Which is kind of crap since people already farmed a shitload of it, and everyone coming later is fucked.
Originally Henrik promised the patch stuff in weaker and then buffing it instead of the other way around.

And what happened with trinkes? On patch day they release super strong trinkets. Next patch: the new trinkets are much worse than the pre patch ones (which get converted to higher tier ones). And now there is another nerf to the droprate. Everyone showing up late to the party is significabtly at a disadvantage.

sv have a habit of releasing op stuff and nerfing it afterward by leaving the op stuff in place and limiting ( if not erasing ) the chance of getting that op stuff .....

Reactions: Bicorps

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
still got the same amount after patch. (fishing) ... all trash tho.
it's called balancing, if it was too much than it was too much.
and think about long term people : for when people will have their decent +loot sets, then stuff will go up, and when it goes up, you get a better +loot set, etc ... don't be fooled, it's a long term progression you have to balance out!

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
if it was too much than it was too much
Maybe it was too much with fishing, but i've never seen a trinket worth using from risars - in three weeks. The best i got is +16 fishing amulet. Gold are rare AF, and with that RNG on stats i imagine i could easily spend a year farming all day before i get anything worth charging. And they nerfed the drop rate? WTF is this?

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
I think they should be much more rare, like black cape green cape rarity, or less. This would also place emphasis on Flux and not just refarming more trinkets. It should be cool to have one, and cooler to have a good one.

Reactions: 2Op4Scrubs

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If you only log on for trinkets. Your a menace. The Trinkets Should be rare as fuck. Even if its a shit trinket.

They give stats for free. Even the shittiest trinkets give you an advantage. You can argue that jewelry is common. and everyone should have access to it. But If they budge on the trinket rarities, What els are you gonna ask for?

More Relics, when that gets introduced, More "Special clades" for everyone. (Deamon Hunter, Vampirism) More rare magic schools for everyone? Demonology, Dragon Magic. More flying mounts if they actually decide to make them.

Henrik Said All these rare things like Magic schools, clade, flying mounts Are supposed to be rare as fuck. The rare magic if you obtained its secrets will then be locked once a certain # of people gain access to it. If thoes people then go AFK for a month or so and dont log in, The magic will release its self from the host, going back into the world looking for a new host.
He said if flying mounts are added into the game, Only a handful of players will have access to them. Perhaps only obtained from rare world events.

Trinkets should be the same imo. Ive seen 2 Skadite trinkets for sell. The saved like 15 attribute points just for one trinket. That is op as fuck! They also gave about 30-50 free skill points in action/profession.

I also hope once they make Jewelry crafting you wont just be able to make a trinket as good as the ones that are dropped from bosses.

I really dont want to see everyone running around with Oghmium Diamond trinkets, Getting + 50 free attribute points and 80-100 free skill points.
By "rare" you mean grindy as fuck. And making shit time consuming or grindy Is not fun it sucks ass. Making the content to have certain complexity beyond time consumption Is what this game Is lacking off.

Then the rarity of things shouldn't be attributed" to time consumption only thats like the most moronic approach any basic basic person could see that.
Same as clades and trinckets nerf, Time consuming bullshit that doesn't make any sense.

Thats how precariously SV pretends to hold players by making them grind over and over the same shitty brain dead AI or activities like fishing and such damn, what a fucking poor ass design, all the content has more roleplay value than actual utility to players.

But It's understandable they are simpletons and the only concept they have available to hold people Is to make shit grindy. But to lower drop rate/nerf after the first weeks of content release Is something they often do.

They allways give this small time window for the tryhards get some advantages, pre-patch shit or higher drop rate in this case with trinckets.
Same happened with keeps, they gave a very small windows in a terrible moment in launch for people to get keeps that cannot be undone-sieged and they just don't stop giving them more content.

Idk if SV Is just plain and simple retarded but i will never understand how these motherfuckers are so clueless and negligent with their community. Thats the fucking main reason the other game died, precisely because SV Is so careless and treats their community like shit.

I love it when people defend timesink progression, probably the same fuckers that like afk mining and say pve Is fun.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I dont know what everyone is talking about. I kill bandits pretty much everyday, I get one trinket every 100 or so bandit kills. Which is pretty much the definition of rare. While I am not out slaughtering thousands of risars or camping every bandit camp from Meduli to Mokhi. I kill them pretty regularly, and honestly this should have been the drop rate from the start. Right now it is a joke how many useless or nearly useless cuprum + red coral trinkets are on the market. I mean who really needs +9 pilfering and -2% mana on Elementalism spells?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I dont know what everyone is talking about. I kill bandits pretty much everyday, I get one trinket every 100 or so bandit kills. Which is pretty much the definition of rare. While I am not out slaughtering thousands of risars or camping every bandit camp from Meduli to Mokhi. I kill them pretty regularly, and honestly this should have been the drop rate from the start. Right now it is a joke how many useless or nearly useless cuprum + red coral trinkets are on the market. I mean who really needs +9 pilfering and -2% mana on Elementalism spells?
I think one of the issues is the rarity combined with that they are total ass 90% of the time. So they feel like they need to be more common to make up for that they suck ass constantly. Like pilfering and -mana on one. They could also make the system more intelligent at picking the stats so its less aids. But I do like part of the randomness in getting a trinket. I wouldn't want every one to be equally good.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think one of the issues is the rarity combined with that they are total ass 90% of the time. So they feel like they need to be more common to make up for that they suck ass constantly. Like pilfering and -mana on one. They could also make the system more intelligent at picking the stats so its less aids. But I do like part of the randomness in getting a trinket. I wouldn't want every one to be equally good.

well there is the cheap re-roll mechanic on them. Just buy some or farm some flux and re-roll the trinket till you get one you like.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Personally I think cuprum/silvers should be fairly common. They don't add much besides 1-2 attributes and 5-10 skill plus some small % bonus to whatever. Those are small fun little increases. But once you get to golds and higher then yeah they should be rare. They are significant enough that they affect your build by a moderate to high amount of attributes/skills.

Cuprum/silver isn't build changing so they should be common/uncommon rarity.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Let's just stop there.

The problem is that they've released some content that at least gave you a reason to go out and grind, there was a lot of PvP everywhere, and then they nerfed it to the point where it doesn't matter anymore. I'm not grinding for hours to maybe get one shit amulet with stats that are irrelevant to me (maybe even +skills that aren't even in game yet) in a whole day. Trinkets are not good enough to waste your time on them. They don't add anything to the game (again they used to give players a reason to log in but that's in the past now), no more than bounty hunting (which too isn't worth doing).

The Game is not about having the best/most op stuff. Having the drop rate nerfed makes it feel so much better when you actually get something.

Gotta be quicker then that. Everyone showing up late is fucked in every aspect of the game. But you can also argue they are lucky. Because they will not have to spend as much money to catch up..

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Artifical stat loss introduced through soulbound trinkets with 50+ action skill points attached that need recharged after death. Sneakily done SV well played...

D

Deleted member 44

No, it was a rare drop and now it doesn't exist. I said the ratio. 1-1 for example. Doesn't mean I was getting a 1-1 every time I killed it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah the nerf is ridiculous. Most of the trinkets you got were shit anyways but it just gave you a warm and fuzzy.

Even then after that they super nerfed some of the mobs to the point you have not seen a trinket from them in two days of farming them on rotation.

Feels bad man. You want your game to have a game loop that at least lets them get something per session even if its a worthless silver coral with trash stats.

Good game loops are golden for player retention. If one of your casual players which you bleed out of the population like crazy goes farming for two hours killing almost risars and doeskin get anything it is depressing and makes them not want to try anymore. these trash trinkets go far in getting people out into the world to pve and pvp over the pve. And it builds a strong game loop that keeps players interested in the game.