Can we just agree the game needs more monsters to populate the world?

Do you want more Monsters In the World?

• YES! MORE MONSTERS! I'm Tired of Looking at Just Trees and ROCKS!

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • NO! I prefer things the way they are! Adventure/Scenery FTW!

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
You could travel for quite some time before running into anything. And with these new patches now they removed the permanent Dire wolf spawn and normal wolf spawn and replaced it with roaming Razors, Wolfs and the occasional rare Dire wolf. The game feels even more empty now because these things travel everywhere, in few number usually 1-2 at a time, with another 1-2 scattered in distance, where as before there seemed to be groups of 5 Razors each, 4 normal wolfs or 2-3 Dire wolfs. Some game companies do this as a means to conserve server stability, by spacing things out and such. But honestly the game has barely anything even in the game. Like everything is rare, and there is entire regions of the map that have nothing for hours, you might see some Granum or a roaming Springbok and that's it. And the only way StarVault is going to know we want more Mobs is by seeing how many people want it.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Whyyy Why is nobody else voting it doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they want more monsters. Why is it so hard to get this community to agree to anything.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, I want to see more life in the world for sure.

I also want to see creatures roaming a bit more.

Cherry on top would be if roaming creatures could attack other creatures they come across. Wolves chase sprinbok for example.

The first two are probably likely since they did have more creatures in the first game and they did experiment with roaming.

Third probably not too likely but a person can dream.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yeah, I want to see more life in the world for sure.

I also want to see creatures roaming a bit more.

Cherry on top would be if roaming creatures could attack other creatures they come across. Wolves chase sprinbok for example.

The first two are probably likely since they did have more creatures in the first game and they did experiment with roaming.

Third probably not too likely but a person can dream.
I noticed I saw Wolfs trying to attack Razorbacks and stuff too. It doesn't look like they actually landed a hit on them however. Also When I told my White Bear to attack the Wolfs or Razorbacks my Bear could never catch them or it would attack but the attack would miss. So I had to call my pet back so that it didn't run away and then I'd lose my pet.

Reactions: Amadman

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Whyyy Why is nobody else voting it doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they want more monsters. Why is it so hard to get this community to agree to anything.

First of all, nobody is voting because you didn't make a poll (EDIT: oh I see you did now). You won't get as many responses if you ask a general question and require people to write answers (unless you say something really inflammatory like "Why does this game keep getting worse?").

And I think you're oversimplifying the issue. Yes, the "easy" solution would be to just turn the spawners up to 11, be tripping over mobs everywhere you walk and have fields of 40 wolves to kill.

But then you aren't making MO2, you're making every other MMO. The primary goal in MO2 is to create an immersive fantasy environment based on realism where possible. Wolves travel in small packs, not in packs of 40. You don't step over wolves every few steps you take even in the wild.

What I think you are asking for is you want more interesting content as you traverse the world. To make that feel "good" and immersive, they need a lot of things. They need more points of interest, they need more variety in animals/monsters, they need more dungeons, they need more variety and interesting bosses to face. Good thing everything I just said is represented in basically every patch until release in the current Roadmap:

They know lack of PvE content is one of their primary issues. I've been following the beta for over a year now, and they have prioritized jamming in PvE content and variety now more than ever before.

I suspect they have areas of the map earmarked already for all kinds of various content, it's just a matter of building it, and likely they have planned what they intend to have in and the PvE density they want to have at release.

Putting in huge packs of 40 wolves does nothing but make them have to remove that later when they put in actual content and simultaneously just creates a "field of grinding" experience you get in most MMOs which is not what they're going for.

In summary: They know they need more stuff, they are working on it heavily as evidenced by the roadmap, wait until release to render final judgment on "they need more stuff".

Reactions: Amadman and Moored

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
For sure it need more monsters and there will be more monsters but it should be different monsters and more and more monster and animal types will be developed.

The Desert need some gnus, camels, Lions and palm trees

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
First of all, nobody is voting because you didn't make a poll (EDIT: oh I see you did now). You won't get as many responses if you ask a general question and require people to write answers (unless you say something really inflammatory like "Why does this game keep getting worse?").

And I think you're oversimplifying the issue. Yes, the "easy" solution would be to just turn the spawners up to 11, be tripping over mobs everywhere you walk and have fields of 40 wolves to kill.

But then you aren't making MO2, you're making every other MMO. The primary goal in MO2 is to create an immersive fantasy environment based on realism where possible. Wolves travel in small packs, not in packs of 40. You don't step over wolves every few steps you take even in the wild.

What I think you are asking for is you want more interesting content as you traverse the world. To make that feel "good" and immersive, they need a lot of things. They need more points of interest, they need more variety in animals/monsters, they need more dungeons, they need more variety and interesting bosses to face. Good thing everything I just said is represented in basically every patch until release in the current Roadmap:

They know lack of PvE content is one of their primary issues. I've been following the beta for over a year now, and they have prioritized jamming in PvE content and variety now more than ever before.

I suspect they have areas of the map earmarked already for all kinds of various content, it's just a matter of building it, and likely they have planned what they intend to have in and the PvE density they want to have at release.

Putting in huge packs of 40 wolves does nothing but make them have to remove that later when they put in actual content and simultaneously just creates a "field of grinding" experience you get in most MMOs which is not what they're going for.

In summary: They know they need more stuff, they are working on it heavily as evidenced by the roadmap, wait until release to render final judgment on "they need more stuff".
Well I did make a voting poll before this one but my 1st voting option was telling people you have a small penis if you don't want to vote for more monsters lmao so it got deleted. Which idk why it got deleted when there is a Wang everywhere you look in the actual game xD.

For your second point: I know members of the community have all stated before that they don't like how you can travel for ages in the game without encountering any monsters or anything. I even made a Poll before and the thing people wanted most was more monsters so I wanted to bring it to the devs attention again. In Mo1 they had more things then Mo2 and the technology is better now, there is no reason this game should have less then Mo1. If they want to release in January we need more Monsters. Personally I don't think the game should release anytime soon.

For your 3rd point: They do release those things on the roadmap. However adding 1 or 2 monsters every 3 month period is nothing when the game is as huge as it is and you can travel so far without encountering anything. Players have previous stated they think the game is too big because the current mass isn't even close to filled up yet. Even if you add everything from MO1 into Mo2 you would still have a lot of areas that are huge areas of nothing, because Mo2 is much bigger then Mo1.

Wait what do you mean adding 40 wolfs would create a grinding experience? This is where I flat out tell you how wrong you are. Dude this is like the most grinding game I have played in a Long time. Because of how rare all the creatures are it takes a long time to stack items and wealth, combine that with how it's a open loot pvp game and any death ensures a penalty of more item loss. So if I lose my armor I will need around 1000 of one material and 1000 of another to remake my set. And arguably would need 2000 of each material to put me in a net plus and be ahead of where I was originally. That's why MO1 failed is because being hardcore is Fun, until you are grinding for years then only a handful of players stick around for the ride. I've argued numerous times that the game makes it a grind fest to get the items and actually start playing the game. But there is always some idiot in the comments who doesn't read everything or some troll who says "Everything is perfect" when nothing is as good as we want it. Just look at the Poll numbers already and you can bare witness once again that people want more monsters. And when I say more monsters I'm not talking about 40 wolfs. No one cares about wolfs they don't butcher into anything useful. I am talking about Razorbacks instead of 1 or 2 of them running around with a Elder one some 100 feet in the distance (Which makes farming these things a pain in the ass mind you) Just give us a Pack of 20 of the damn things. As far as realism goes, I lived in Texas for a Decade and they have wild pigs there and those things roam in giant packs much bigger then 3. And if I have to travel for a hour without seeing anything then clearly there is something really wrong with the development here if they actually want to release this game in January. But for whatever reason people defend this game and all it's flaws to their dying breath. I don't think people realize constructive criticism is not meant to break down the game, I don't want the game to be defeated. I want the game to succeed. But if nobody is going to stand up and say Hey where the fuck is the content in the game? Then I will gladly be that guy. Because I like this game and want it to succeed.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
For sure it need more monsters and there will be more monsters but it should be different monsters and more and more monster and animal types will be developed.

The Desert need some gnus, camels, Lions and palm trees
Yes Markus Raul I agree, and they need to make it so I don't have to travel for a hour without seeing these creatures as well. And then our game will be starting on the right path.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Yes, the "easy" solution would be to just turn the spawners up to 11, be tripping over mobs everywhere you walk and have fields of 40 wolves to kill.
Please note: I did say 'up to' forty wolves in a pack. That is like a Real-Life Russian level of wolf population.

A friend or two in Mortal games have described themselves as 'lone wolves, but I think I've always reminded them that it's more of a human thing. Wolves (coyotes, dholes, dingos, and Africazn wild dogs/Lycaon pictus) live in groups.That's their thing.
  • That doesn't mean anything definitive or absolutely prescriptive for Mortal. There's no reason not to run into just one or two wolves in a place. BUT--
But it's been @Sebastian Persson 's experiment & possibly his dream for years to have roaming groups of AI, and Mortal wolves are a natural subject for this. As I understood it, a few (Risar, Bandits, wolves, whatever) would grow to many and become harder to manage over time, leaving players with the choice of confronting the build-up sooner, or later. Later, naturally, might be more challengine.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Even on Twitter, Mortal Online thinks that wolves ought to come in... flocks?

/facepalm
fbbWePG.png

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Springbock comes to a lake to drink water, crocodile comes to eat it and just injury it. Springbock tries to run away, there comes the wolf and catch it. And eat it. Halfway. There goes a horse rider and see dead animal. He decide to skin it and luckily he finds golden ring in the carcass.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020

I just assumed that the world would naturally be filled up more over the next few months- we know for a fact that lots of new mobs are coming, every single month is going to have new Fauna, and there will be several new mobs that we've previewed as well coming. Henrik has said multiple times that the world will be 'more full' as these new mob types are introduced. It doesn't make sense for them to fill up the world with razorbacks and wolves when they're still adding new types of mobs that are native to certain regions.

I imagine that most others who also follow Henrik's streams and the development are not worried about the world needing more monsters, because it has been repeatedly stated that they're coming.

Reactions: Xunila

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
And pickables. Yes, not just pops of living things everywhere, but places with purpose like fields of grain in more places, etc. The amount of graphical stuff that is in the game and the amount of stuff you can gather is kinda wack.
Right and you can travel half the map and only see some Granum and wolfbrush... Would be nice if they added more minable resources as well, I know in Mo1 there was a hidden Tephra Node you could mine. But Mo2 everything is so damn scarce. It's ridiculous.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Even on Twitter, Mortal Online thinks that wolves ought to come in... flocks?

/facepalm
fbbWePG.png
For whatever reason they haven't implemented Herding in the correct way yet. Only thing you can get a lot of is horses. It's possible to get 5 horses with herding, lores, and advanced cc if they are all low level. You could get probably 2 Wolfs and that isn't superior to 1 DireWolf for example. It might be possible to get 3 wolfs with herding if you could find all real low level ones, but then they will be even weaker. It sucks because In Mo1 you could have 3 of lots of pets and they were actually pretty good. 3 Crocodiles, 3 Demon Bats, 3 of all kinds of stuff. But 3 Demon bats were by far my favorite. Also a lot of people complained and we might never see 3 pets at a time anymore, because they want to make it Skill based for the Pets. Idk how we will skillfully control 1 pet plus our character let alone 3 pets plus our character.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
StarVault always told they will throw many animals and pickables into the game at release time. Players should not know about all good locations before, and I like this.
They said Release time was in January, and this game doesn't have anything close to the amount of monsters they need to populate the game to compete with any other game out there. This game is a wasteland and in a few months it will remain a wasteland unless they add like 20 new monster types before then.