Can we just agree the game needs more monsters to populate the world?

Do you want more Monsters In the World?

• YES! MORE MONSTERS! I'm Tired of Looking at Just Trees and ROCKS!

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • NO! I prefer things the way they are! Adventure/Scenery FTW!

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I'm very surprised by the huge difference in the poll results.

This is the wild, not a Zoo. Animals shouldn't be next to each other like cages.

Does no one just enjoy the ambiance? I love just seeing rocks and trees and mountains. Just listen to the sounds of the litte creatures (bugs and monkey and birds) calling, you don't have to be able to touch them or see them to know they are there. I think SV did an amazing job creating that feel of actually being there. The serendipitous encounter with an empty lake in the middle of Jungle, that's what does it for me.

My first time encountering a hunter lizard was a magical surprise and also a nightmare as I've never encountered one before and it ate me.

I sincerely hope that SV keeps the mob numbers were it is now.

There is enough, if not too much, mineral resources and animal resources. No one uses ground fur, because guard fur is already so abundant.

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
sounds sketchy imo. They could always change it. They don't even HAVE all of the pickables, I'm saying WE NEED STUFF to test stuff in beta, why not have it out there? There should be spots like haven areas a lot more often, like where you can just get mad covolo or whatever. Bubbling spawns. But really, I dunno about the whole 'yea we're gonna add all of the pickables and mobs on release day' thing.
To keep things a mystery and have us still need to explore and discover things at launch.

we are at the end of the day playing in a testing environment. I’m happy the devs are saving things for launch to avoid what happened with new world. Having everyone know all of the monster and material spawns all over the world will usually only discourage the new people from playing

having creature spawns swapped and moved around with new pickables and creatures saved for launch with other secrets scattered around will help the game when the game does eventually launch and will help new players feel less behind. Plus it gives us all a bunch of new stuff to look out and explore for

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Having mobs every where is good and all but after the first initial contact they lose a lot of meaning if they are not worth farming for something.

Like Minos are kinda cool outside of being unblockable for some reason but really why farm minos, gold is worthless, majority of people dont need greathorn for potions and its worse then crepite for bows. Minos were kinda a let down.

Need more rare resources or reasons to farm minos. In BDO I and many other people would farm hundreds of hours in certain spots to get rare item drops. Gold and upgrade stones were secondary and just made us not go home empty handed if we didnt get a rare item drop.

MO2 has a gameplay loop focused on short term grind so loot loss is not as devistatinge but there should be a reason to farm for long term goals. The only long term goals I can see is mining rocks for you house and thats not enjoyable gameplay.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Reading over the given lore for the Khurite peoples, I see much description of the Myrland Steppe, including the noted presence of the following:

Salty ponds. Apparently the Steppe didn't drain well, at some period of Nave history.
Poor soil, sometimes very saline, "where only very resistant vegetation can survive."
Scant rainfall.

That's just preamble to the wildlife:

• Predators are in general fast and adapted to stalk their prey to exhaustion:
    • a number of Wolf species,
    • giant wolverines (by which I wonder what is meant-- the Taur Dogs? For some reason I am picturing a Titan Skunk),
    • Terror Birds
    • and the occasional Sabretooth
  • Mammals most abundantly present are:
    • rodents,
    • foxes,
    • deer,
    • horses,
    • wisent
    • and mammoths.
  • Other:
    • "a great number of birds frequent the environment", mentioned separately from the Terror Birds for what that is worth
    • frogs,
    • lizards
    • salamanders,
    • a large variety of insects that are found in areas surrounding the pools.
The problem with anything mentioned in any of the lore is obvious but I will spell it out:
Even with the best of intentions, it may not be present in the world at the time of your Mortal life, or not be present as MOBs, or is to be inferred, not encountered. What doesn't show up as pixels may just be there in the stories for 'colour'. You should expect to see any of these things that haven't been seen yet only if they arrive.

Reactions: Speznat

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Having mobs every where is good and all but after the first initial contact they lose a lot of meaning if they are not worth farming for something.

Like Minos are kinda cool outside of being unblockable for some reason but really why farm minos, gold is worthless, majority of people dont need greathorn for potions and its worse then crepite for bows. Minos were kinda a let down.

Need more rare resources or reasons to farm minos. In BDO I and many other people would farm hundreds of hours in certain spots to get rare item drops. Gold and upgrade stones were secondary and just made us not go home empty handed if we didnt get a rare item drop.

MO2 has a gameplay loop focused on short term grind so loot loss is not as devistatinge but there should be a reason to farm for long term goals. The only long term goals I can see is mining rocks for you house and thats not enjoyable gameplay.

Please please please don't introduce rarer drops. That kills an MMO for me. When you start running dungeons not for the experience or loot, but just for that 0.05% drop. You just repeat and repeat.

As soon as Guild Wars come, more war leads to more loot loss which lead to more crafting, which leads to more grinding for resources.

I do agree the Minotaurs Dungeon should have some reason to run, but gold and gems is good enough. Gold will become more important when War comes, especially housing and territory.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Please please please don't introduce rarer drops. That kills an MMO for me. When you start running dungeons not for the experience or loot, but just for that 0.05% drop. You just repeat and repeat.

As soon as Guild Wars come, more war leads to more loot loss which lead to more crafting, which leads to more grinding for resources.

I do agree the Minotaurs Dungeon should have some reason to run, but gold and gems is good enough. Gold will become more important when War comes, especially housing and territory.
gold will be important when the trading comes without persistance all the crafters only players dont see much reason to play currently. later the market will be full and gold can open you possibilities without end evne starting wars. Buying services, Insurance, Loans, rare items. Political influence.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
gold will be important when the trading comes without persistance all the crafters only players dont see much reason to play currently. later the market will be full and gold can open you possibilities without end evne starting wars. Buying services, Insurance, Loans, rare items. Political influence.
We have traders already. I can pay gold for what ever I want delivered to me, even to GK or Kran. The issue is I want nothing. The only long term want is a house which is gold for a permit then you need the building mats. Trees and rocks drop building mats. Mobs dont. Why farm mobs, I can get gold from pigs. If not pigs everything makes money.

Risars drop grain steel and Rep. Risars are worth farming. The gold is just trash loot to me. Having rare things to farm for is a bonus and if people dont want to farm for it then they can trade be steel or rare resources for it.

They need to make me want something in order to farm the mobs.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
This is turning into a different kind of thread but yes, gold in the long term is useless, even houses won't fix that because people are not going to be building 10 of them every month - they are just an extension of the book gold sink but all the meaningful gold sinks (not counting bandages and arrows here) in the game are just temporary. Once you have your books, once you have your house you have no need for shiny coins.

After the first year of MO1 I did more trades in steel than in coin and I don't see anything in MO2 that would make this change significantly (maybe the fact that the broker comes at release this time and forces people to use gold? Wait and see but dubious). This is "normal" in a world that players can make everything - usually NPCs are the gold sink but this is a game where the NPCs offer nothing of value because we want that stuff to be made by players - and there is nothing we can make out of coins.

They need to make me want something in order to farm the mobs.

In the long run animal materials are the only reason to farm mobs outside rep