Books too easy to obtain

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Honestly the Tome of Walking dead is now a joke to get. I dont get it why we are taking content out of the game. Why is henrik giving in to those crybabies that dont know what they want? I heard even the ritual notes are now buyable. Everybody was excited and had real awesome content in the necro dungeon. (at least everybody i know enjoyed the hell out of it). Now we are tacking away a lot of reason and excitement to do the necro dungeon. Sure the ritual book is still gonna be worth decent money because it gives you more skills but i know how this is gonna play out now:

Everybody is happy now because the have what they wanted and got all their stuff. But TC is still long away from us. And in a few weeks everybody is crying again that they have no content anymore.
And it makes it all so less of an achievement to get. We were stocked when anybody got that cool walker knowledge book. Now we dont even need to do Necro dungeon anymore. Big groups will also get less active because Ritual book will drop in price. I think it killed good content in exchange for short lived excitement.
This change would have been way better at a later stage in the game, for example when TC hits, or elementalism is released.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
imo, they just needed to change the drop rate. SV is notorious for making dumb decisions and not thinking through the consequences.

Reactions: Daikos

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Lmao we've been camping necro boss, literally living there, afking in between spawns, fighting off other groups etc for like two weeks and finally got ritualism book a day before the patch. And now ritualism is freely available to every instant gratification shitter.

I knew that they were planning to make it more obtainable, but i expected they'd buff the drop rate from zero point something to 1-2%.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No it's not. Not everything should be obtainable solo, certainly not stupidly OP skills like ritualism.

I agree with dude, zerg gates are wack in an open pvp game. Stuff being OP is its own problem. Books should read faster, all skills should unlock for learning if you use them, and MAYBE you should have to meet some NPC like how you learn thievery or w/e, and THAT'S IT.

Again, a 'zerg' is always going to be more successful at playing the game, why give them every advantage? The advantage solos have is catching the zerglings alone.

In MO1 history... I spent all this time doing pve stuff, but I never learned any of the gated things. Crafting was pretty well done in MO, not the best, but it was def one of the best parts of the game. It was ironic that such a 'hardcore' game had such interesting crafting. It seems like they have taken a huge slide back to themeland.

Thesis: no, it shouldn't be locked... except for maybe the most OP like ogh level scrolls. But you should be able to build a viable necro/spiritst w/e without much money/zerg. It's like 'this is a preferred class, you have to be in a big guild to play this??' Or pay. Dislike immensely. Then you can fill out your book with the last 2 hard to get scrolls. That's more fair imo.

I mean the game has proven people are gonna farm shite regardless, but I'm saying... MO is about smart work, hitting spots at the right time, etc, they add all these anti zerg mechanics for pvp and then make pve zergy hue.

Lmao we've been camping necro boss, literally living there, afking in between spawns, fighting off other groups etc for like two weeks and finally got ritualism book a day before the patch. And now ritualism is freely available to every instant gratification shitter.

I knew that they were planning to make it more obtainable, but i expected they'd buff the drop rate from zero point something to 1-2%.

see... I'm not about that life (anymore.) That just seems WACK. Not hating cuz I mean... I camped spider queen back n day ykno. But I dunno... don't you want players to have access to good spells? It's not like they are any cheaper to use. lol. It's like you know a mage is somewhat dedicated when they throw out non ecu stuff. Why did they do that only for magery? Like I said... just weird. Necro is MY CLASS, kids. Necro since... 00s. I will never play necro because of how fucky it seems to get the stuff.

@Jeff Dumpster I'll trade you back that stack of steel you gave me for a necro spellbook? :eek:

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
But I dunno... don't you want players to have access to good spells?
I want good spells to be earned, not given for free and with zero effort. We aren't zerg either, so nothing really was zerg gated.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Yes. You earn the gold.
So we agree it's stupid to tie skill into group content, since if i can earn gold solo, and still earn it the "hard way" by buying it off the market. I never said they should be easy to get, i just said that group gating skills is stupid.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
This is literally the least they can do. If you are worried about lack of "content" because people are actually able to experience the latest "content", then I don't know what to say...

Do you think it's enjoyable to get new content in a new patch without being able to experience any of it unless you slowly grind tens of thousands of gold? Well I can tell you that for the 99.9% of ppl it is not.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
This is literally the least they can do. If you are worried about lack of "content" because people are actually able to experience the latest "content", then I don't know what to say...

Do you think it's enjoyable to get new content in a new patch without being able to experience any of it unless you slowly grind tens of thousands of gold? Well I can tell you that for the 99.9% of ppl it is not.
I dunno what to say to you. Guess it's just different player mentality. Some want to actually work towards something and enjoy the hard earned reward, for example the reward of being one among the few players with specific skill. Well enjoy the "content", it will probably get your hooked for another couple of weeks until you demand more stuff that you can have instant access to.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I want good spells to be earned, not given for free and with zero effort. We aren't zerg either, so nothing really was zerg gated.

Why? And what are good spells? Like I said I wouldn't mind the top spells being rare drops, but the school and the primary meat n potatoes spells should be available. You should be able to grind your way into it. ONE PATH is not sandbox. I tried to drag a flower into the cooking box again, NOT SANDBOX.

Deep down, we are all different people, vastly vastly, but we are brought together by the idea that MO is this game that we can do stuff in our way. Sure, it = broker. Money = money. That will always be a balancing factor, but the money is off atm. Like, people talk about RNG and stuff, but seems like a lot of that stuff is RNG for better spells. In BDO (lol bdo references,) they added these stupid grindy things to farm, and they were rare drops so no one got them. Way way later, they added little drops that you could collect 100 of (or something) and turn into an NPC for the item. There has to be a way to draw the line like that.

I know I could get necro shit if I put my mind to it. I never did any necro tho because I feel that direction is just wild. You don't go into the mountains to learn passive regen. Oh wait you do :p nah but you can spec a good foot fighter without hunting the world, so why is magic 'that thing?'

To compare magic to gear IMO is a little off, but again, gear is pretty easy to get. I have a strange bauble in JC. I got one and I was like YES FINALLY I CAN GET NECRO STUFF OR W/E, but you need like 10 or something. It's like hueee. And I'm tellin' you, I kilt many sators before I saw that one. That's just not my idea of a sandbox.

Like FreeHorses talked about his favorite combo of fatmage dmg, do you realize more people playing mage would help refine the mage (cuz people would have new ideas,) yea I'm salty. My spellbook came from Elhazrad Shop's aspiring mage contest. I got 3rd prize, a spellbook and a T shirt.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Camping the boss... AFKing between spawns.... fighting off other groups etc for like two weeks....

Do you realize how bad that sounds from a gameplay standpoint? I personally dont care about rituals or really necromancy. I have a few spells in one of my characters spellbooks but I dont use them hell I played with it for about a day then zeroed out the skill because it really didnt interest me. It is pretty much the same as MO1 with new graphics. Rituals being available to all now, well not really they still have to get to that location, fight those mobs, kill or avoid that boss, and have the item that vendor wants. Even then I think it is like Necro Notes it just unlocks the skill, doesnt make you good at it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Why? And what are good spells? Like I said I wouldn't mind the top spells being rare drops, but the school and the primary meat n potatoes spells should be available. You should be able to grind your way into it. ONE PATH is not sandbox. I tried to drag a flower into the cooking box again, NOT SANDBOX.

Deep down, we are all different people, vastly vastly, but we are brought together by the idea that MO is this game that we can do stuff in our way. Sure, it = broker. Money = money. That will always be a balancing factor, but the money is off atm. Like, people talk about RNG and stuff, but seems like a lot of that stuff is RNG for better spells. In BDO (lol bdo references,) they added these stupid grindy things to farm, and they were rare drops so no one got them. Way way later, they added little drops that you could collect 100 of (or something) and turn into an NPC for the item. There has to be a way to draw the line like that.

I know I could get necro shit if I put my mind to it. I never did any necro tho because I feel that direction is just wild. You don't go into the mountains to learn passive regen. Oh wait you do :p nah but you can spec a good foot fighter without hunting the world, so why is magic 'that thing?'

To compare magic to gear IMO is a little off, but again, gear is pretty easy to get. I have a strange bauble in JC. I got one and I was like YES FINALLY I CAN GET NECRO STUFF OR W/E, but you need like 10 or something. It's like hueee. And I'm tellin' you, I kilt many sators before I saw that one. That's just not my idea of a sandbox.

Like FreeHorses talked about his favorite combo of fatmage dmg, do you realize more people playing mage would help refine the mage (cuz people would have new ideas,) yea I'm salty. My spellbook came from Elhazrad Shop's aspiring mage contest. I got 3rd prize, a spellbook and a T shirt.

I want good spells to be rare drops... lol... I want the best armors in game to be gated behind boss fights where you need a group of 10+ just to get through it. How about the only way to make steel is accessing a dungeon and hold off waves of monsters while you try and use a special furnace to get the metal? Or for bows you can only make longbows from the rarest wood in game and it is locked behind a dungeon filled with alchemist bowmen.

I am being a bit sarcastic there for those of you lacking the ability to pick that up, but the idea that high end things needs to be dropped behind boss fights is so.... 2000. Sometimes just making it expensive or like ranger armor or some of the spiritism things locked behind a trophy vendor.

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I want good spells to be rare drops... lol... I want the best armors in game to be gated behind boss fights where you need a group of 10+ just to get through it. How about the only way to make steel is accessing a dungeon and hold off waves of monsters while you try and use a special furnace to get the metal? Or for bows you can only make longbows from the rarest wood in game and it is locked behind a dungeon filled with alchemist bowmen.

I am being a bit sarcastic there for those of you lacking the ability to pick that up, but the idea that high end things needs to be dropped behind boss fights is so.... 2000. Sometimes just making it expensive or like ranger armor or some of the spiritism things locked behind a trophy vendor.

yea instead of my post read this one lol.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Do you realize how bad that sounds from a gameplay standpoint?
It's better than AFKing all day in your stronghold not knowing what to do because you have everything you need and occasionally fighting for nothing but fun and flex. Yes, it's so 2000. When MMOs weren't yet dumbed down to instant gratification casual shit.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
What did you all expect would happen. The dungeon is total poop, if you think about it. Being only one place to get necro shit in the entire game, its being camped by mid-big sized groups. So its content for guilds, solo and small groups are out of the loop.

One thing is understanding it brings pvp and conflict, which is good. Another thing is not contemplating a diversity of gameplays, but thats a design issue. And since they won't be making the dungeon again (and better) they rather do these kind of changes.

Im going to point out a very important fact thats representative of how this dungeon was designed.

It requires a bow user to find indiana jones invisible bridge ON A NECRO DUNGEON. If that ain't total dog ass design, i don't know what is. What yall gonna say, this is ment for cooperative gameplay? roflmao

Im sorry but necro dungeon is not good, its made by a simpleton. And whoever says "its good" is the ultimate proof that people will eat dog poop if it comes with colorfull packaging.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
So its content for guilds, solo and small groups are out of the loop.
It's not true. The only thing gated behind necro dungeon was ritualism and maybe a couple spells, and even those you could buy from players. The dungeon itself can be finished with 3-4 people, you may need more for PvP but hey get friends make allies, act like you're playing an MMO. It's a GOOD thing that we finally have a reason to do that.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It's not true. The only thing gated behind necro dungeon was ritualism and maybe a couple spells, and even those you could buy from players. The dungeon itself can be finished with 3-4 people, you may need more for PvP but hey get friends make allies, act like you're playing an MMO. It's a GOOD thing that we finally have a reason to do that.
I do not refer to how many people you need to kill the BOSS, i think i was clear with this. It's the actual dungeon design thats directed to specific group gameplays.

The dungeon experience is worse than a game from the 90's. Thats the quality of the content. And it is true, what are You going to say it's cool dungeon cuz u have been camping the BOSS? Excelent gameplay.

I know the social-cooperative component in mortal. Is that your answer to this quality of content? Get Friends and make allies? This is not help chat, if you say something make it worth reading.