Books too easy to obtain

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The solo pop in MO is stronger than you think. By solo I mean people that primarily do their shit solo. lol all you dudes riding around in groups all the time, congrats at life, but MO1 was a solo-able game. You had to be careful, but you could do it.

The thing I'd say @Hodo and the whole reason I have come back to this thread: the reason their ideas are soo 2000 is that the people giving them their big ideas are 2000 gen mmo kids hue.

Wake up! Sandboxes don't have that shit. It can be there, it can be big gains. If you farm the boss and get big gains good onya, but to keep stuff like spiritism and assumedly necro behind that, hehhhhhh? It just sucks. It's not MO mane.

My answer is that it was most fun i've had in this game since the ending of honeymooon period.

Yeah but donut forget that MO2 is missing many things MO1 had: siege, politics (because of,) DANGER. I know you didn't play MO1 so it's moot, but just saying. THIS GAME IS A JOKE compared to MO1 even when all the shit was walled off. But there's no reason why they can't fix i t. There wasn't shit like that in MO1 and it was fun. lol I guess that's my answer to your answer.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What did you all expect would happen. The dungeon is total poop, if you think about it. Being only one place to get necro shit in the entire game, its being camped by mid-big sized groups. So its content for guilds, solo and small groups are out of the loop.

One thing is understanding it brings pvp and conflict, which is good. Another thing is not contemplating a diversity of gameplays, but thats a design issue. And since they won't be making the dungeon again (and better) they rather do these kind of changes.

Im going to point out a very important fact thats representative of how this dungeon was designed.

It requires a bow user to find indiana jones invisible bridge ON A NECRO DUNGEON. If that ain't total dog ass design, i don't know what is. What yall gonna say, this is ment for cooperative gameplay? roflmao

Im sorry but necro dungeon is not good, its made by a simpleton. And whoever says "its good" is the ultimate proof that people will eat dog poop if it comes with colorfull packaging.

Dont need a bow user to cross the bridge, you can do it with a sword, spear or any melee weapon longer than a dagger. Also if you know the route you can do it just by looking at the ceiling tiles in ghost mode. Then you go all the way to the end of the dungeon as a ghost avoiding all of the traps, mobs or anyone else. Have a pet parked outside with your armor and gear in bags on a mount outside the exit. Portal into the world call your horse gear up and come back and farm the boss. Then go home.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Missing from the full trope were:
"We had to walk barefoot to & from the dungeon, in the snow... uphill, both ways..."
and
".... and, we liked it that way."
Stockholm syndrome, people been captive by shitty content for so long that they think they are in love with it.

Hard debate tho, what people likes. Some like to semi-afk gathering and they enjoy that more than an environment that would actually require them to play the game.

My answer is that it was most fun i've had in this game since the ending of honeymooon period. PvE, PvP, and big reward in the end. What's more to wish for?

Good for you! Im happy to see you are having a nice time, but it does not change the fact of how poorly made is that dungeon. Im sure you are capable to discern theres not that many variables in that dungeon and it supports a handfull of gameplays instead of a wider variety of activities in multiple places.

The idea of commenting here, is not "im having fun, fuck the rest". Because you can and will adapt to the shitty nature of this kind of content. The idea should be to promote and encourage a wider and more complex scenery for a diversity of gamestyles. Not defend shitty gameplay just because you have been having fun.

For example, i enjoy MA but i can also aknowledge its problematics.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Dont need a bow user to cross the bridge, you can do it with a sword, spear or any melee weapon longer than a dagger. Also if you know the route you can do it just by looking at the ceiling tiles in ghost mode. Then you go all the way to the end of the dungeon as a ghost avoiding all of the traps, mobs or anyone else. Have a pet parked outside with your armor and gear in bags on a mount outside the exit. Portal into the world call your horse gear up and come back and farm the boss. Then go home.
Still, a mage that needs a weapon or the alternative is spiritism? Thats trully shitty design no matter which angle you see it. Either way, the bridge is merely an example on which grounds this dungeon has been made, thats the quality here.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
but it does not change the fact of how poorly made is that dungeon.
What are you talking about, it's better than any other dungeon in this game. The only problem with the bridge is that it's often camped from the other side but we have long ago learned how to deal with shitters who do that. You don't even need neither bow nor melee weapon to cross the bridge, or if you really can't do it without a weapon, take a bone tissue spear with you just for the bridge.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Still, a mage that needs a weapon or the alternative is spiritism? Thats trully shitty design no matter which angle you see it. Either way, the bridge is merely an example on which grounds this dungeon has been made, thats the quality here.

You can do it by counting tiles.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You can do it by counting tiles.
That if you already know where the bridge is. All im saying, its a dungeon ment for necromancers (or future necromancers) is it too much to ask that at least its ment for mage gameplay instead of melee or weapon based?

Thats a conceptual failure, from the core and if they don't get that right i don't expect them to get anything right.

What are you talking about, it's better than any other dungeon in this game. The only problem with the bridge is that it's often camped from the other side but we have long ago learned how to deal with shitters who do that. You don't even need neither bow nor melee weapon to cross the bridge, or if you really can't do it without a weapon, take a bone tissue spear with you just for the bridge.

So your argument is "its better than nothing" or "its better than other things already ingame", while its good to aknowledge "some" degree of improvement theres a big gap between that and saying that content is good".

What im talking about i've already mentioned, content should be in form of a wider variety of scenes for a diversity gameplays.

Lets be honest here, that entire dungeon is the same as a crater in the ground with the boss and the creatures around.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
while its good to aknowledge "some" degree of improvement theres a big gap between that and saying that content is good"
Well we're all still here, so it must be good. I think it's a good content. It was even better in the beginning when you had to figure out how to open the door, how to cross the spikes, how to cross the bridge, how to move through the lab etc. The boss is easy but one mistake can wipe your entire group when the high priest replaces your fallen comrades into abominations.

Lets be honest here, that entire dungeon is the same as a crater in the ground with the boss and the creatures around.
Most dungeons in MMORPGs are.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Well we're all still here, so it must be good. I think it's a good content. It was even better in the beginning when you had to figure out how to open the door, how to cross the spikes, how to cross the bridge, how to move through the lab etc. The boss is easy but one mistake can wipe your entire group when the high priest replaces your fallen comrades into abominations.

Most dungeons in MMORPGs are.
I don't think it's good. I think it's lazy content.

With the same resources could have been made much better, in my opinion.

Most dungeons being shit is the mainstream approach. It doesn't mean development should respond to that criteria.

Reactions: Gnidex

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I don't think it's good. I think it's lazy content.

With the same resources could have been made much better, in my opinion.

Most dungeons being shit is the mainstream approach. It doesn't mean development should respond to that criteria.

Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one and they all stink.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one and they all stink.
But they don't stink the same, eating good things for your body would probably translate to not so foul shit. Eat garbage and have a really good stinky diarrhea.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can get the ritualist note from killing a necro camp 50 times then talking to the vendor.

Insainly easy but thats because MO2 is a low skill game that has to cater to really bad players.
Same reason the PvE is super easy and shallow in this game. Got to cater to the bads.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You can get the ritualist note from killing a necro camp 50 times then talking to the vendor.

Insainly easy but thats because MO2 is a low skill game that has to cater to really bad players.
Same reason the PvE is super easy and shallow in this game. Got to cater to the bads.
PVE being bad is not to cater shitters, they didn't do bad pve for simpletons, they did it because they lack the criteria to develop something thats not placeholder garbage.

PVE shouldn't be messured in hardcoreness" only, and thats a big problematic. They made it more accessible due to the lack of depth the dungeon has. It's plain and simple bad design.

I don't see a challenging scenery here, just content for zergs and time consumming activities.

The centralized nature of the dungeon, it's linear concept, it's lack of mage directed content. The very fact that a zerg can camp the dungeon all day long generates the possitive effect of PVP but with a really bad approach directed to specific gameplays.

DIfferent would have been to have a non línear configuration that would work towards preventing groups camping the same spot so nobody else can access it, among other things. That gameplay loop is shit when it's the only possible scenario.

MInd blowing someone would call that dungeon "good content" when in fact it's another placeholder careless display of SV's development.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Maybe instead of PvP v Pve server, they should make a bads server. haha.

No, but, really, shit is just tedious. The tedium of crafting has increased IMO. PvE, like number checks, slay mobs, I dunno. I don't even know where a necro camp is. Look, they add new content, and that's awesome. Most people are like let's go find it! And that's cool, maybe I would if it was something I really wanted to see, but mostly, I am living my normal in game life w/o much deviation. This is a life one can only live in sandbox games that offer a bunch of mechanics to get things done.

It becomes a big grab ass to do stuff... I mean loring up sucks, sure, spamming up sucks, but I'd prol clear a necro camp 50 times, eventually, if I knew where it was lul.

Edit: furthermore, I feel the 'grand strategy' aspect of MO was lost, and that extends to every corner including book/boss w/e other b words you got. It's more of a grind game. MO1 seemed grindy, but whey you were gettin rite you were just doing your thing. In this game, I don't see many ways to bypass the grind. I know I've stated this multiple times, but that's PvE outplay: achieving without having to do a certain task as supposed. It's just the same as PvP outplay in how dynamic it can be. That's what actually makes PvE hard. I don't mind the mobs being harvestable. But there need to be many many paths. Otherwise you lose the whole sandbox. You can swallow it and do it (like clading) then go back to sandboxing, but it's bad design for... a sandbox imo.

Edit2: keep in mind this stuff was end game content in MO1. It's just another magic school in MO2, or was supposed to be. I never really felt they were supposed to be elite elite. Like I said, lock some of it, but not the basic idea. It really is like locking out advanced alchemy or something. It's senseless, to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raknor

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
DIfferent would have been to have a non línear configuration that would work towards preventing groups camping the same spot so nobody else can access it, among other things.
Seriously? It's a sandbox game, it's in your power to prevent groups from camping whatever it is they're camping.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
what huge guild are you in again? haha.
Doesn't have to be a huge guild. Contact other guilds, join forces and kill the shitters. Zergs have plenty of haters so shouldn't be much of a problem. Nobody does that. Nobody even tries to. Better to wait for SV to solve all their problems.

Reactions: Hodo