Blue blocking....

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
The 500lb elephant in the room. I've done it to others and have had it done to me. Right now it's too easy and I can't wait till stress test to see the fall out.

For those that don't know. Blue blocking is the act of intentionally getting another person to inadvertently flag criminal so that you can jump them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
They should probably add the blue blocking option from mo1 asap and have it set to default. (If it isnt in already)

Castiel

Feb 25, 2021
Please explain. Is this supposed to make it easier to see someone at night, or does it provide a combat advantage or something?
Basically someone steps in front of your swing of someone flagged criminal, duel or just outside the guard zone so they can kill you and the guards won't attack them. There's many different methods

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Normally I'd say having an option to not hit blues would be terrible, but in this game its 100% necessary. Nothing is more cringe and annoying seeing people keep trying to throw themselves in between you and whatever you're attacking. Because the mob doesn't care...he is going to keep hitting you. So its not just a simple "watch where you swing". You have to finish the mob or run away.

Of course my advice is for new players to not be in graveyards.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Normally I'd say having an option to not hit blues would be terrible, but in this game its 100% necessary. Nothing is more cringe and annoying seeing people keep trying to throw themselves in between you and whatever you're attacking. Because the mob doesn't care...he is going to keep hitting you. So its not just a simple "watch where you swing". You have to finish the mob or run away.

Of course my advice is for new players to not be in graveyards.

You getting blue blocked much when fighting minotaurs on foot?

My advice would be to go to the graveyards and learn to deal with scumbacks. But yes, you can just add a toggle for every potential bad experience.

MO 2 also shows a sore lack of trigger warnings. Unbearable.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
You getting blue blocked much when fighting minotaurs on foot?

My advice would be to go to the graveyards and learn to deal with scumbacks. But yes, you can just add a toggle for every potential bad experience.

MO 2 also shows a sore lack of trigger warnings. Unbearable.
Always fun trying to fight off a bandit while some guy is jumping in front of you. Either to get the bandit to kill you or to turn you grey to double team you with the bandit. If the guy wants to kill you, I’m all for it but let him have his mc to keep the player base somewhat happy.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
never did like the can hit blue toggle, makes it so you could do high end pve with no worries about friendly fire (tho admittedly there was precious little 'high end' pve in mo1 and almost all of it was never with the fear of friendly fire). still tho, shouldnt be able to damage high end mobs without turning it off and risking friendly fire.

-barcode

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
never did like the can hit blue toggle, makes it so you could do high end pve with no worries about friendly fire (tho admittedly there was precious little 'high end' pve in mo1 and almost all of it was never with the fear of friendly fire). still tho, shouldnt be able to damage high end mobs without turning it off and risking friendly fire.

-barcode
If its the same as MO1 where the game gives you a pop up and sheathes your weapon if you hit a blue. That is not just annoying but potentially dangerous, especially in a boss encounter. Usually a lot more dangerous to miss out a block on a boss following an attack than accidentally hitting a friendly once.

For bows, the amount of dps lost from that can be quite a lot.

But it is a bit arcadey but it is the best way to prevent griefing from running away newbies and getting them a smoother entry into the game and their big tongued and far-between-eyed inhabitants.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Always fun trying to fight off a bandit while some guy is jumping in front of you. Either to get the bandit to kill you or to turn you grey to double team you with the bandit. If the guy wants to kill you, I’m all for it but let him have his mc to keep the player base somewhat happy.

It´s not always fun to deal with human trash. But those who buy this game need to be able to do so. Toggling blue blocking only removes one tiny avenue for heathens to torment each other.

On the other hand every time to you add restrictions on game play you remove something for every player. You remove also part of the learning experience.

The problem isn´t assholes being assholes, but the existence of a flagging system that enables them to avoid retribution. Remove flagging and they would have to answer for their actions to other players. That way a new player being plagued by pests might rise above them and take his revenge. Just as I did in my heathen days when I slaughtered FEAR players who before ran me down like a dog in the steppes. Heathen life is futile.

The gods love you, and they want you to know.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
It seems like blueblocking Got accidentaly buffed , weapons swing much slower in mortal 2 so its harder to dodge blueblockys