Blocking issues

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Im still having issues with blocking working as it should. Not sure if anyone else is having this issues but here is what happens.

Attacking Player: player draw weapon.
Myself : Puts block up.
Attacking player: Makes swing
Myself: still awaiting hit
Attacking player: Makes contact
Myself: holding block and gets a block ( not a parry )

All of that happens in under 2 secs... Can someone explain why i am still getting blocks and not parries as it should be.... This has been the only reason i don't enjoy duels and was a major reason why many players quit MO1 the first time. Please SV look over this some more as it still isn't working as intended for players with high ping. If its client side as others have mentioned then i must suggest that an issue is hiding within the blocking mechanic. or the server and how it receives information from higher ping players...

Would love to hear from SV on this matter.
****The less high ping players can do as intended the faster those same players will stop playing your game. *****

-Phen

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
My understanding is the "block abuse" has been mostly fixed. I still get the occasional block.

You can see it happens to me a couple times here post patch. So def still an issue to some extent

Last edited:

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
You get plenty of blocks that I dont get. It makes me wonder if their server is receiving all the proper information. Those quicker blocks don't work for me at all. I wish they would, it would be a game changer for sure. Rarely do I get to parry or even block someone parry against me.

@Teknique

This is what I get a lot at 160ping :/

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
You get plenty of blocks that I dont get. It makes me wonder if their server is receiving all the proper information. Those quicker blocks don't work for me at all. I wish they would, it would be a game changer for sure. Rarely do I get to parry or even block someone parry against me.

@Teknique

See if you can record it, I know there's some west coast NA's playing if they can weigh in.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
See if you can record it, I know there's some west coast NA's playing if they can weigh in.
I wish I could, when I start recoding I get lik 20fps its nearly unplayable that way.

Hopefully will be doing some tests on a 2080ti set up next weekend. Shouldn't be so bad but we shall see.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Yeah, I had this like 4 times in duells against gannicus. I assumed he was hitting me in the back on this screen?

Couldn't tell yeah. I've hit people in the back and have still gotten parries from it. I feel like something is off in how the server receives information from the clients. It feels like its more server based than client based.

Only reason I say that, is cause I can get a hit with sounds and they get the parry/block still. In MO1 that didn't happen from what I recall.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Couldn't tell yeah. I've hit people in the back and have still gotten parries from it. I feel like something is off in how the server receives information from the clients. It feels like its more server based than client based.

Only reason I say that, is cause I can get a hit with sounds and they get the parry/block still. In MO1 that didn't happen from what I recall.

Yep, that has been a problem since I started a few patches ago. The reverse can also happen when you fight high ping players (AUS). You hear a parry sound but it does a normal hit.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
To me that seems odd. Figured it would be more client based but its not seeming that way.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

@Teknique

This is the same for me at 140 ping. Plus I very often get a hit sound when they parry me. Often they parry me before they move (which sometimes happens in MO1, too.) :(

Treed

Sep 28, 2020

@Teknique

I have this issue with 16 ping in the UK...