Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.4

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
The new combat *speed* patch is awful.
Straight back to square one with high-ping players unable to parry swings as they see them *We predicting again*

Doesn't seem to be isolated to just high-ping players as others are supposedly having "similar issues".

The speed of which the stab comes out for fast blades is ridiculous and it's currently being abused, Doubt this combat speed will stick as everyone ingame already hates it.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
the animal and insects sounds should come from a fixed location
Environmental sounds need their own volume slider so I don't have to turn the entire game volume down just to lessen them.

there's also these two giant trees near Bakti that emit Springbok grunts and gallops when there's none to be seen.
Springbok spawn inside the trees; saw a floating tree making the sounds, ran around it, and saw the springbok inside the tree.

My fps around towns/crowds is now lower by about 10%. My CPU is never 100%, before nor after patch, my GPU is. This is the opposite of an optimization.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Straight back to square one with high-ping players unable to parry swings as they see them *We predicting again*

Doesn't seem to be isolated to just high-ping players as others are supposedly having "similar issues".

The speed of which the stab comes out for fast blades is ridiculous and it's currently being abused, Doubt this combat speed will stick as everyone ingame already hates it.
Lol there is a very small difference with pre patch. You are probably just experiencing bad desync from the server being shit atm, once they fix it then you can complain if u still get hit thru parries

Reactions: Rorry and ThaBadMan

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
patch was interesting for about an hour. Alchemy works, but no point to experiment too much right now. Cooking works but there is not any reason to make food but for the sake of doing it. People still spinning around in circles, blocking and parrying simultaneously. See u when magic comes out!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Seriously some people should lose their rights to post.
The changes was so tiny theres literally no difference.

Server is still in its bad state, combat still near as slow as before. And I noticed many small faults and errors in combat.

Btw fast blades have insane low dmg output. Just because a trash weapon is fast enough to get through bad ping does not mean its broken. Stab has also always been the quickest attack direction but at the cost of very low dmg based on the weapons other directional dmg output.

Combat is slightly better, server still trash and many new issues introduced sadly. 14 days hopefully.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
patch was interesting for about an hour. Alchemy works, but no point to experiment too much right now. Cooking works but there is not any reason to make food but for the sake of doing it. People still spinning around in circles, blocking and parrying simultaneously. See u when magic comes out!
I wish you were wrong. But your not.

Reactions: Svaar

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa

this!

magic + mounts will make the game feel much more complete imo.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Seriously some people should lose their rights to post.
The changes was so tiny theres literally no difference.

Server is still in its bad state, combat still near as slow as before. And I noticed many small faults and errors in combat.

Btw fast blades have insane low dmg output. Just because a trash weapon is fast enough to get through bad ping does not mean its broken. Stab has also always been the quickest attack direction but at the cost of very low dmg based on the weapons other directional dmg output.

Combat is slightly better, server still trash and many new issues introduced sadly. 14 days hopefully.

Lose their right to post because they do not want to join your crusade to turn MO into Unreal Tournament with swords lmao?

You should make a video game lol

Stop lying, combat is much faster now.

That being said, I don't hate the new patch. I've been destroying people who use to kick my ass pre-patch. However, combat dousn't feel as immersive to me now.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Lose their right to post because they do not want to join your crusade to turn MO into Unreal Tournament with swords lmao?

You should make a video game lol

Stop lying, combat is much faster now.

That being said, I don't hate the new patch. I've been destroying people who use to kick my ass pre-patch. However, combat dousn't feel as immersive to me now.

Yes when a tiny change is blown out of proportion by players who know they cant handle the quicker speeds in an effort to revert the change back to even worse, I feel they deserve their posting rights removed.

Unreal Tournament is very far from a game like MO. I want to turn MO back into MO after years of people like you trying to change the game from what its meant to be, or so it seems by the way you post.

Stop overreacting, combat is a tiny bit faster now compared to pre patch. You can barely notice a difference.

So your saying the game is less immersive now with a tiny bit MORE realistic combat ?
You seriously dont make any sense...

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Yes when a tiny change is blown out of proportion by players who know they cant handle the quicker speeds in an effort to revert the change back to even worse, I feel they deserve their posting rights removed.

Unreal Tournament is very far from a game like MO. I want to turn MO back into MO after years of people like you trying to change the game from what its meant to be, or so it seems by the way you post.

Stop overreacting, combat is a tiny bit faster now compared to pre patch. You can barely notice a difference.

So your saying the game is less immersive now with a tiny bit MORE realistic combat ?
You seriously dont make any sense...

Wait so if someone disagrees with you on the speed of combat they should have their posting rights revoked? Very mature.

You are the most vocal whiner about combat on the forum. Someone should revoke your posting rights ASAP then.

More realistic combat to you? What do you know about sword fighting.

Be honest Bad Man, you will never be happy with the state of MO because others do not share whatever dim vision you have for 'realistic combat' no matter how much you complain.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Maybe instead of crying on the forums all day try playing the game for once? You might end up whining less.

More realistic combat to you? What do you know about sword fighting.
Be honest Bad Man, you will never be happy with the state of MO because others do not share whatever dim vision you have for 'realistic combat'.

Come back to me when you hit 400h little child.

Combat irl is very very very much faster than MOs or MO2s combat, slowing it down breaks immersion not the other way around.
Aparantly I know a great deal more than you...

I am probably the most honest players you will find following MO2. I will be content when the game is in a area close to the original vision of MO before it (twice) got tainted by small crybabies such as yourself. Players who rather ruin games by changing them instead of taking the time to get good.

I get sick to my stomach with these type of posts, acting all high and mighty while being a plague ruining games. Imagine how nice it would be if Henrik didnt need you guys playing the game and not having to sacrifice his vision to please you screaming kids.

Keep telling yourself im the minority here while the game stays at below 100 active players...that is from 20k pre orders in MO back in 09 who wanted to play Henriks vision and not the trash players like you turned the game into.

Reactions: Rorry

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Come back to me when you hit 400h little child.

Combat irl is very very very much faster than MOs or MO2s combat, slowing it down breaks immersion not the other way around.
Aparantly I know a great deal more than you...

I am probably the most honest players you will find following MO2. I will be content when the game is in a area close to the original vision of MO before it (twice) got tainted by small crybabies such as yourself. Players who rather ruin games by changing them instead of taking the time to get good.

I get sick to my stomach with these type of posts, acting all high and mighty while being a plague ruining games. Imagine how nice it would be if Henrik didnt need you guys playing the game and not having to sacrifice his vision to please you screaming kids.

Keep telling yourself im the minority here while the game stays at below 100 active players...that is from 20k pre orders in MO back in 09 who wanted to play Henriks vision and not the trash players like you turned the game into.

If you get sick to your stomach reading a forum post please realize it's a fucking video game. Not worth getting so emotional over something you have no control over.

• Haha
Reactions: ThaBadMan

you

Nov 30, 2020
Nothing wrong with being a little passionate about a game genre that has been left on the backburner for nearly decades.
I personally hope the devs will follow through with their vision for the game and not pay too much attention to all the whining.
Make changes when changes are due, look at the statistics and react accordingly.

Reactions: ThaBadMan