Bandages vs Mage self heals

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
How is it that I have 100 in Anatomy and bandages still take forever to get off ONE - meanwhile the mage I'm fighting gets off 4-5 heals in the same time, basically getting to full HP while I heal for like 15%.

How can a footie/archer combat this (a 1v1 perspective)? The magic heals are just ridiculous.

Reactions: Goremor

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
How is it that I have 100 in Anatomy and bandages still take forever to get off ONE - meanwhile the mage I'm fighting gets off 4-5 heals in the same time, basically getting to full HP while I heal for like 15%.

How can a footie/archer combat this (a 1v1 perspective)? The magic heals are just ridiculous.

Correct, hitting someone has a good chance to interrupt spells (based on their concentration skill). If a mage gets away from you, expect them to have healed up to full within 10 seconds. If you're a footie and they have mounted magery, you need to take out their horse to keep them from getting away from you. If they aren't on horseback they can't even move while prepping their spells so are sitting ducks. The benefit of bandages are that they are cheap, can be used in the middle of combat (since you can use while moving etc) and don't require the many skills required to support magic use.

Also look into potions, which are currently hard to get since alchemy is difficult to use, but could supplement your healing alongside bandages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icegoten and m4rt3

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Correct, hitting someone has a good chance to interrupt spells (based on their concentration skill). If a mage gets away from you, expect them to have healed up to full within 10 seconds. If you're a footie and they have mounted magery, you need to take out their horse to keep them from getting away from you. If they aren't on horseback they can't even move while prepping their spells so are sitting ducks. The benefit of bandages are that they are cheap, can be used in the middle of combat (since you can use while moving etc) and don't require the many skills required to support magic use.

Also look into potions, which are currently hard to get since alchemy is difficult to use, but could supplement your healing alongside bandages.
Good info, thanks.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Absurd argument. Mage has to stand still to cast heal. You can bandage while moving. On top of that you can interrupt the mages healing by hitting him, either with melee or bow.

if you are letting the mage stand still and heal, you are doing it totally wrong. You have to go keep consistent pressure on mages. Never let them stop and cast.

Reactions: Belegar

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Absurd argument. Mage has to stand still to cast heal. You can bandage while moving. On top of that you can interrupt the mages healing by hitting him, either with melee or bow.

if you are letting the mage stand still and heal, you are doing it totally wrong. You have to go keep consistent pressure on mages. Never let them stop and cast.

otoh I can say I never fizzled a self heal (and I am like 7 up out there, or was in mo1) haha. FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH. But yea magi play peekaboo izzz whatdeydo. Maybe they should add a half-second or so delay to account for what it would have taken to target someone? :eek: :eek: :eek: Stuff like that seems really inconsequential, but it does add up.

Piet

May 28, 2020
If bandage was as good as mage heals there would be no mages.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Bandages can be applied while moving that a massive advantage over casting spells. An you can pop a bandage every 12 sec an it heals for 30 HP on average, may not seem like a lot but when you can kite people as a fast Veela than unless your fighting another fast Veela it safe to say you going to be an absolutely pain in the ass for any foot fighter to skill. With that said IMO the devs need to buff Thusars passive HP heal, that race is far to slow to run away an bandage once you start a fight as a Thursar you either fight until you die or fight until you win disengaging isn't an option for this race.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
cast spells are better in a lot of cases while bandies can be uses while moving and can save some mana. I use both on my mages.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bandages can be applied while moving that a massive advantage over casting spells. An you can pop a bandage every 12 sec an it heals for 30 HP on average, may not seem like a lot but when you can kite people as a fast Veela than unless your fighting another fast Veela it safe to say you going to be an absolutely pain in the ass for any foot fighter to skill. With that said IMO the devs need to buff Thusars passive HP heal, that race is far to slow to run away an bandage once you start a fight as a Thursar you either fight until you die or fight until you win disengaging isn't an option for this race.

TBH the only reason I would roll thursar is for that buff. I dunno if it needs a buff. On top of strong stats + passive regen, I think it's legit. I mean I rolled a thur only to test max str (121, didn't know about 123) bow dmg and that gift was really strong. Just like resting pulse, I think people are looking at it the wrong way. It might need a little bit of adjustment in regards to how much heal you receive from outside sources, but in terms of solo just depending on that gift, it's legit...

IMO of course.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
TBH the only reason I would roll thursar is for that buff. I dunno if it needs a buff. On top of strong stats + passive regen, I think it's legit. I mean I rolled a thur only to test max str (121, didn't know about 123) bow dmg and that gift was really strong. Just like resting pulse, I think people are looking at it the wrong way. It might need a little bit of adjustment in regards to how much heal you receive from outside sources, but in terms of solo just depending on that gift, it's legit...

IMO of course.
If it going to reduce receiving healing from all other sources than IMO it needs a buff. 3 HP every 10s is only 0.3 HP a second, the average dmg you take from most hit while playing will be 20-30 dmg per hit, it will take 60-90 minutes to heal that with the clade passive, an active regeneration takes not being hit for a full min to start working. Basically the clade only allows you to heal slowly over time without the need to rest, it not worth the reduced healing from all other sources.

Last edited:

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
If it going to reduce receiving healing from all other sources than IMO it needs a buff. 3 HP every 10s is only 0.3 HP a second, the average dmg you take from most hit while playing will be 20-30 dmg per hit, it will take 60-90 minutes to heal that with the clade passive, an active regeneration takes not being hit for a full min to start working. Basically the clade only allows you to heal slowly over time without the need to rest, it not worth the reduced healing from all other sources.
Active regen is 6hp/2 seconds. You can sit anytime and start healing after 2 seconds. 3.3hp/10s + (2x10hp)/60s = 40hp/minute passive healing, always, forever. It is very strong, especially if your healers suck.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Active regen is 6hp/2 seconds. You can sit anytime and start healing after 2 seconds. 3.3hp/10s + (2x10hp)/60s = 40hp/minute passive healing, always, forever. It is very strong, especially if your healers suck.

that's what I think, at least, but I understand it's not gonna save you. Even old OP wolfbrush wasn't gonna save your horse, but in a (long) fight it's gonna help you a lot. I mean I've dueled people and watched their health regen and it's like fuhh. haha.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
that's what I think, at least, but I understand it's not gonna save you. Even old OP wolfbrush wasn't gonna save your horse, but in a (long) fight it's gonna help you a lot. I mean I've dueled people and watched their health regen and it's like fuhh. haha.
Yea it certainly adds up. 5 minutes goes by pretty quick in a fight, boom 200hp.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Yea it certainly adds up. 5 minutes goes by pretty quick in a fight, boom 200hp.
It also very easy to die in under a minute during most fights, especially when you have the slowest movement speed. The passive heal is only useful in a fair 1v1 duels, very rarely will you every be in a 1v1 fair duel. Your basically gimping your ability to heal in 90% of the likely senerios to have a tiny advantage in 1v1 duels, not worth the trade off. They either need to buff the regen by 50% or remove the reduced receive healing.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It also very easy to die in under a minute during most fights, especially when you have the slowest movement speed. The passive heal is only useful in a fair 1v1 duels, very rarely will you every be in a 1v1 fair duel. Your basically gimping your ability to heal in 90% of the likely senerios to have a tiny advantage in 1v1 duels, not worth the trade off. They either need to buff the regen by 50% or remove the reduced receive healing.

I'm pretty trash at the game in a lot of ways, but I have a weird way of lasting awhile. In a big fight, if you are a heavy armor thursar, you might wanna go in and eat up some dmg if you have someone to help you peel/heal, but since I was generally fighting outside of coms and with people who I wasn't even sure I trusted, I would be mid-lining, and if you hit their front line then go back into the mid line, you should be ok. If you are hitting their mid line, you are too deep and yea prol ded. Even if you are front lining let the dudes come to you, you should be able to tank A LOT of hits, there's no reason to get stickied like that. Like a Dwarf, push consistently and let the lighter people swarm around and do the in and out. Like I think I said, if you look and see everyone is behind you, you're dead lol. Unless you're like a pvp god basically you don't wanna be that guy, and even then that depends a lot on the people following up w/ you being good as well.

Just some impressions from personal exp, but I play way diff than other people... I get hits and such, but I like to watch how things are developing before I really make a move.

I do agree that I can't judge the nerfed healing % because I haven't seen it in action, but the actual regen is fine. I would be cool with them looking at the healing being more from spells. Basically tho Thursar is kinda not in a good place (esp isn't the rep system super hard on them?) and that gift is one of their most redeeming traits. Also, imagine it on a mounted! Once people start figuring out MC proper (I am assuming they havent cuz I haven't seen many) that gift is gonna be even more OP. So, you gotta look at every angle. But yea I could see them getting more heals. It's almost confusing as to why they need ANY debuff on heals. I mean this was THE fighting class in MO1, why can't they just be OP at fighting, cuz they suck at everything else haha.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
It won't save you from getting flopped but it is extremely powerful. Idk if it needs buff.

Don't forget the active portion of the clade Adamant increases magical healing by 20% for the 10 second duration. With 86 int you can lesser heal yourself for 17s.