Bandages in MO2

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
What does everyone think of the bandage system in MO2?

personally, I think that the lock-out animation plus slow weapon sheath/unsheath is so long that the opportunity to bandage in pvp scenario is very rare

this is probably the intention, but it makes it very difficult to reset as the underdog fighting in an outnumbered scenario

what are your thoughts on MO2 bandages

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Sucks.

Remove the animation.

Have it put your weapon away, the bandage begins to tick, your weapon comes back out.

Would actually lessen the strength of magic & group size.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
GET READY FOR THIS SHIT:

In my opinion BANDAGES ARE THE MOST AWESOME SELF HEAL I'VE SEEN IN A COMPETITIVE GAME. EZ. It's mind blowing how cool it is to be able to heal yourself but have to kite, have it be somewhat random and affected by getting hit. It's really something a lot of other games can learn from. I could do w/ o pots in general just bandaids and heals, but wow... big ups to the bandaid system. Someone else has to feel this way, right??

@ dude above me... ah, every time I think... I am having a normal opinion haha.

Edit: over time, you will learn how 2 bandage. But yea sometimes ya can't which is which IS COOL. Where as you can just chug a pot while you are getting hit by 3 guys.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
The MO1 system was much better. If you have time to bandage in an intense fight, look around, you are zerging or sitting out of the fight while your comrades are dying.
Gotta have mages, which sucks because with only 1 character not many people want to play a mage because they are boring in all other situations but group fights.

Reactions: Highlander

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Issue with bandages isn't really the mechanic it self. The issue is this mechanic than differences in players movement speeds. Basically if your a bigger race with lower movement speed bandaging your self mid fight is virtually impossible an usless, but as a faster race like velaea bandages become OP.

Simple put when I tried Thusar once I engaged in a fight there was zero purpose in trying to disengage an heal, my character was just to slow to out run anyone. But when I tried Velaea it became so easy for me to run circles around people, I could engage get low health disengage an start spamming bandages until I was healed up than re-engage any time I wanted.

Reactions: Highlander
D

Deleted member 44

Bandaging in its current state are a very very dangerous thing to use in PvP due to the lock out mechanic. I'll give you a secret. I don't have bandage on any of my characters.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Being able to bandage and know when to bandage is a basic FF skill. If you can't do it doesn't mean they should change the mechanic means you need more practice.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Mechanic is fine, people just need to get better at the game and stop trying to bandage in melee's face. People crutched on crackpipe animation cancel to pipe in your face or always having Alvarin speed to rely on and now they have to live with the conditioned behavior.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Mechanic is fine, people just need to get better at the game and stop trying to bandage in melee's face. People crutched on crackpipe animation cancel to pipe in your face or always having Alvarin speed to rely on and now they have to live with the conditioned behavior.
The amount of time it takes you out of the fight and the stam it cost to peel back to heal is at advantage for the larger groups though.
The side with more players has more stam bar and more health bar the smaller side has to fight through. Better bandage allows a more economical time and stamina wise sustain.

When you have more people you have more leisure to stand back and bandage while the smaller group is more effected by the player not being in the fight.

Sustain is just a good idea to combat zerging.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
might as well take active regen ;)

Yeah according to some I'm just shit with poor judgement, might as well rest mid fight to get my HP back.

No but really it's silly to try and say bandages are okay where they are because almost any PvP video I watch I rarely ever see a bandage used unless the player is FAR away or pops their alvarin clades.

And so far a lot of the fights I've been in, guess I'm just bandaging in front of people's face because you totally don't move much slower out of combat during the animation.

Reactions: Tzone

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah according to some I'm just shit with poor judgement, might as well rest mid fight to get my HP back.

No but really it's silly to try and say bandages are okay where they are because almost any PvP video I watch I rarely ever see a bandage used unless the player is FAR away or pops their alvarin clades.

And so far a lot of the fights I've been in, guess I'm just bandaging in front of people's face because you totally don't move much slower out of combat during the animation.

Self heals are not really conducive to real pvp imo. lol. Like I said look @ pots and how much they skew the game, or why people are rolling hybrid basically always; you can still use bandaids. Check it.

Check out me getting owned in GY, I was pretty sure that my teammate was gonna handle biz and I was right @ the spot where dude was gonna come out. I had time to pop a bandaid if I was 100% sure everything was going to go as planned and be ready to finish dude off w/ more health, but I DIDN'T cuz I wasn't sure. There are times to pop bandaids, it's like people who can't type during fights. It's just something you gotta learn, but yea in general you're not gonna be healing yourself with a bandaid during exchanges (like saving yourself as a pot would), but yes you should be popping bandaids and managing your own health in a group fight like @ target switch imo. Unless you think you can DPS more than you can heal at that moment, yknow? FOR SURE. MO has massively changed, and some of it is just due to how people play, opposed to mechanics. These new doods got a new way to play, and that's cool. Let's see how it works out for them. And I mean that non-sarcastically.

Let's not talk about changing bandaids because like I said I played games w/ self heals and I WISH for bandaids because it's a mechanic that you have to get free of someone before you can self heal, instead of dudes autopotting or whatever, you watch their health just go... pop... pop... while you are fighting them and it's like ????

This is an awareness thing more than a speed thing though. I don't understand some of the 'make the game skill based' pvp crowd talkin' bout changes like this... just like I don't understand the "I got murdered" crowd. They are both weird to me. Once they fix dmg so that magi are more involved in healing, it'll be OK. I mean, a lot of you dudes don't even move during fights. You depend almost entirely on parry WELL, when you are parrying you're not gonna get away and bandaid. Just my POV. Look at things theoretically opposed to how they happened, what could have/should have happened. It's also good to tape things and watch them again to see what happened opposed to the emotion of it all.

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
Self heals are not really conducive to real pvp imo. lol. Like I said look @ pots and how much they skew the game, or why people are rolling hybrid basically always; you can still use bandaids. Check it.

Check out me getting owned in GY, I was pretty sure that my teammate was gonna handle biz and I was right @ the spot where dude was gonna come out. I had time to pop a bandaid if I was 100% sure everything was going to go as planned and be ready to finish dude off w/ more health, but I DIDN'T cuz I wasn't sure. There are times to pop bandaids, it's like people who can't type during fights. It's just something you gotta learn, but yea in general you're not gonna be healing yourself with a bandaid during exchanges (like saving yourself as a pot would), but yes you should be popping bandaids and managing your own health in a group fight like @ target switch imo. Unless you think you can DPS more than you can heal at that moment, yknow? FOR SURE. MO has massively changed, and some of it is just due to how people play, opposed to mechanics. These new doods got a new way to play, and that's cool. Let's see how it works out for them. And I mean that non-sarcastically.

Let's not talk about changing bandaids because like I said I played games w/ self heals and I WISH for bandaids because it's a mechanic that you have to get free of someone before you can self heal, instead of dudes autopotting or whatever, you watch their health just go... pop... pop... while you are fighting them and it's like ????

This is an awareness thing more than a speed thing though. I don't understand some of the 'make the game skill based' pvp crowd talkin' bout changes like this... just like I don't understand the "I got murdered" crowd. They are both weird to me. Once they fix dmg so that magi are more involved in healing, it'll be OK. I mean, a lot of you dudes don't even move during fights. You depend almost entirely on parry WELL, when you are parrying you're not gonna get away and bandaid. Just my POV. Look at things theoretically opposed to how they happened, what could have/should have happened. It's also good to tape things and watch them again to see what happened opposed to the emotion of it all.

Emdash you played MO1 though, didn’t you? Your name is so familiar -

how do you think the bandages compare between MO1 and MO2? In MO1 you still had to put weapon away, apply bandage, wait for the bandage to go off, and if you got hit before the bandage heal applied it would do basically nothing. The MO1 bandy still has the skill element that you are enjoying with these MO2 bandages, but in MO1 you were not sentenced to death for trying to bandage at a risky point in time (Which is not possible in MO2). You could react and continue parrying/hitting/running at the only expense of your bandage being wasted

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

I mean.. Dude.

You're walking into him and feeding him parries, the dude probably just ran out of stamina; which honestly is another issue entirely.

You had a point in time where both people were off of you, where you could of bandaged with the current system just fine as they were both:

1.) Away from you.
2.) Focused elsewhere.

Yet even still, you didn't bandage and eventually just died. The funny part is, I can't really make any judgement calls on this clip because it's just poor gameplay trying to make a point that wont really help it.

If bandaging worked different, you'd of probably lived through the entire clip as your team mate did a 1v2. Guess that would be the bright side to it if it worked like MO1?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Emdash you played MO1 though, didn’t you? Your name is so familiar -

how do you think the bandages compare between MO1 and MO2? In MO1 you still had to put weapon away, apply bandage, wait for the bandage to go off, and if you got hit before the bandage heal applied it would do basically nothing. The MO1 bandy still has the skill element that you are enjoying with these MO2 bandages, but in MO1 you were not sentenced to death for trying to bandage at a risky point in time (Which is not possible in MO2). You could react and continue parrying/hitting/running at the only expense of your bandage being wasted

I think it was the same, but maybe I'm trippin cuz I am still getting lost in new MO2 world. I stopped playing for years and only played MO for a short time after I figured out soph and got bored of breeding lyks n molvas. It was a pretty shallow game, to me, because of lag, bugs, and then they came out w/ TC. I mean I played over a long period, but I kept stopping. Finally rage quit because of walls. Emdash was one of my chars, but it was not my main. It was my foot fighter and (second) forum acct.

In MO you had to press x to put your wep away, it wasn't automatic, just like w/ magic. More easy stuff. And yea if you got hit your bandage would pop lower, but it still does? Someone come in and tell me that the bandage system is different now haha, cuz it seems exactly the same to me... except that it auto puts away your wep instead of having to x 2 (my bandaid number) x.

I haven't had any trouble bandaging, any more than MO, but again that was a long time ago. One thing that really changed was that they added the % buff to elf speed. So like if you are not an elf, you're not gonna get away haha. There seems to be time to wrap a bandaid tho. The whole non-elf pop... like my char there, a human... is slow as hell. Still you got time w/ awareness and target switches, and managing your own health is good. It's better to take a sec to regain 35-50 health than die (as I did.) It's kinda like in league of legends, or old leeg, when you'd have to decide when to port back and buy your stuff. I deleted my old youtube where I was dueling some guy, but I tried to bandage and he just owned me while I was wrapping, but that was more due to me thinking I had more space than I did after just coming back. There is so much going on in a group fight that there is time to bandaid. I dunno, like I said, we'll see on release and when they hopefully rebalance the combat system a bit. I think a lot of doods are in for a rude awakening tho.

I mean.. Dude.

You're walking into him and feeding him parries, the dude probably just ran out of stamina; which honestly is another issue entirely.

You do realize that was purposeful right?

haha. All you dudes are so trapped in the no movement game play loop.

I missed some shots, which sux, I was tired and about to sleep. I failed @ hitting yes. but my movement was intentional (notice when I fucked up and stepped out I got hit hard.) And if he stammed then gfg I did even more than I wanted. The point was that there WAS time to bandaid in a fight, while I was waiting for dude to come out (awareness), but instead I was closing in, cuz like you said 2v1. If I knew for sure that he was gonna pop out due to my friends dps I could have wrapped up, and yea I prol should have parried the 2nd dood cuz I was dead in the water there.

But yes, getting people to hit me for 0s and 2s, 5s whatever off parries and then hitting them moving out is intentional haha. And people aren't really ready for it because they are so locked into the parry re-parry loop, but tanking low dmg hits kills their stam, as you said, as well as makes them want to move back and try to hit and that's when you hit them. I take the parry cuz I feel like it's unavoidable and I'd rather not just sit there. So yea it sucks to play from a disadvantage, but I think I've found a way to make it work. Just need to execute a lot better.

The funny thing is, if I parried obvious ones when they do get distance (at some point I will hehhh), it would actually be pretty strong. I can't stand the whole face up back n forth bs. Think about what I'm trying to do thoo. Even tho that wasn't at all the point. If dudes are gonna turtle mostly and auto-re-hit as soon as they hear the ting I'm gonna try to control space. It's hard. You should try it. I'm not one of those dudes who can spend 100 hours practicing, but I promise you it will work if you pull it off; you might have a lot more mechanical skill than me. I'm def not gonna sit there and trade parries w/ a dude all day. I'd rather die and have some actiony combat. Game doesn't feel slow TO ME.

Edit: someone explain what changed about bandaids? lol. Longer wrap? I dunno. Did they change bandaids near the end of MO1 in some other way?

Last edited:

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I think it was the same, but maybe I'm trippin cuz I am still getting lost in new MO2 world. I stopped playing for years and only played MO for a short time after I figured out soph and got bored of breeding lyks n molvas. It was a pretty shallow game, to me, because of lag, bugs, and then they came out w/ TC. I mean I played over a long period, but I kept stopping. Finally rage quit because of walls. Emdash was one of my chars, but it was not my main. It was my foot fighter and (second) forum acct.

In MO you had to press x to put your wep away, it wasn't automatic, just like w/ magic. More easy stuff. And yea if you got hit your bandage would pop lower, but it still does? Someone come in and tell me that the bandage system is different now haha, cuz it seems exactly the same to me... except that it auto puts away your wep instead of having to x 2 (my bandaid number) x.

I haven't had any trouble bandaging, any more than MO, but again that was a long time ago. One thing that really changed was that they added the % buff to elf speed. So like if you are not an elf, you're not gonna get away haha. There seems to be time to wrap a bandaid tho. The whole non-elf pop... like my char there, a human... is slow as hell. Still you got time w/ awareness and target switches, and managing your own health is good. It's better to take a sec to regain 35-50 health than die (as I did.) It's kinda like in league of legends, or old leeg, when you'd have to decide when to port back and buy your stuff. I deleted my old youtube where I was dueling some guy, but I tried to bandage and he just owned me while I was wrapping, but that was more due to me thinking I had more space than I did after just coming back. There is so much going on in a group fight that there is time to bandaid. I dunno, like I said, we'll see on release and when they hopefully rebalance the combat system a bit. I think a lot of doods are in for a rude awakening tho.

You do realize that was purposeful right?

haha. All you dudes are so trapped in the no movement game play loop.

I missed some shots, which sux, I was tired and about to sleep. I failed @ hitting yes. but my movement was intentional (notice when I fucked up and stepped out I got hit hard.) And if he stammed then gfg I did even more than I wanted. The point was that there WAS time to bandaid in a fight, while I was waiting for dude to come out (awareness), but instead I was closing in, cuz like you said 2v1. If I knew for sure that he was gonna pop out due to my friends dps I could have wrapped up, and yea I prol should have parried the 2nd dood cuz I was dead in the water there.

But yes, getting people to hit me for 0s and 2s, 5s whatever off parries and then hitting them moving out is intentional haha. And people aren't really ready for it because they are so locked into the parry re-parry loop, but tanking low dmg hits kills their stam, as you said, as well as makes them want to move back and try to hit and that's when you hit them. I take the parry cuz I feel like it's unavoidable and I'd rather not just sit there. So yea it sucks to play from a disadvantage, but I think I've found a way to make it work. Just need to execute a lot better.

The funny thing is, if I parried obvious ones when they do get distance (at some point I will hehhh), it would actually be pretty strong. I can't stand the whole face up back n forth bs. Think about what I'm trying to do thoo. Even tho that wasn't at all the point. If dudes are gonna turtle mostly and auto-re-hit as soon as they hear the ting I'm gonna try to control space. It's hard. You should try it. I'm not one of those dudes who can spend 100 hours practicing, but I promise you it will work if you pull it off; you might have a lot more mechanical skill than me. I'm def not gonna sit there and trade parries w/ a dude all day. I'd rather die and have some actiony combat. Game doesn't feel slow TO ME.

You were feeding him parries on purpose to get you to one hit?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You were feeding him parries on purpose to get you to one hit?

You said I was walking into him after the parries, and yes, that is true. Like I said, this is where you can bandage in a fight, and then you said...

You had a point in time where both people were off of you, where you could of bandaged with the current system just fine as they were both:

which was why I posted it in the bandaid thread. You should read the whole posts. I realize I type a lot of text and it can be distracting.

you can still use bandaids. Check it.

There are times to pop bandaids, it's like people who can't type during fights. It's just something you gotta learn.

This is an awareness thing more than a speed thing though.

Edit: Maybe because I said I COULD HAVE... but in fact I DIDN'T... it's kind of messing with your mind. I also addressed that, tho.

I had time to pop a bandaid if I was 100% sure everything was going to go as planned and be ready to finish dude off w/ more health, but I DIDN'T

Edit 2: but yea I also said "check out this vid of me getting owned in GY," with the explicit purpose of showing that times for bandaids appear in almost every circumstance. I do agree that was not my finest moment, and in fact I was not at all mentally ready. But if you don't understand what I'm doing or trying to do, I dunno what else to say. I guess it can be a big secret haha. Maybe you are just trollin.

Last edited:

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
You said I was walking into him after the parries, and yes, that is true. Like I said, this is where you can bandage in a fight, and then you said...

which was why I posted it in the bandaid thread. You should read the whole posts. I realize I type a lot of text and it can be distracting.

Edit: Maybe because I said I COULD HAVE... but in fact I DIDN'T... it's kind of messing with your mind. I also addressed that, tho.

Edit 2: but yea I also said "check out this vid of me getting owned in GY," with the explicit purpose of showing that times for bandaids appear in almost every circumstance. I do agree that was not my finest moment, and in fact I was not at all mentally ready. But if you don't understand what I'm doing or trying to do, I dunno what else to say. I guess it can be a big secret haha. Maybe you are just trollin.

Anytime you post, you leave me more confused then the last.