Bandages - Community Discussion

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Even then I personally think the magic burst healing should be much easier to counter and less instant.
Pre-cast spell
Cast spell on target
X seconds later the heal lands.
Any more heals on the target in the time before the heal hits just refreshes the delay = the instant kind of healing needs more coordination when there are multiple mages and cant be spammed for increased effect.

Combine this with hot spells, bandages and potions and you'll still only be out of the fight for a very short while. But atleast you dont get the whole, fully armored guy getting focus healed for full health in a split second while he is fighting.

But that is just me.
Think magic healing that way would cause more anger than good teamwork also add more chatter over coms.

The idea with keeping magic as the only burst heal was that it requires teamwork. Also it follows the way magic healing works in most fantasy.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I think magic should definitely have burst healing. Maybe having a more mana efficient HoT at some point (Harmonism?! :D) as well.

Still not convinced that pots in general should just be HoT. Maybe the burst healing should just be severely reduced?

So lets say:

1. Healing salve, works just like the old bandages. Heals for 20-30 after 6 seconds, can get canceled by damage. Short animation out of combat. Possible while moving.
2. Direct healing pot: Heals for a maximum of 40 HP directly. Consumes thirst. Drink animation out of combat.
3. HoT pot: Heals for up to 100 over 60 seconds. Consumes thirst. Drink animation out of combat.
4. Magic: Burst heals, 40-50 being very expensive, 10-20 being very efficient.

All healing is negated by certain spells like corrupt.

So if you are at 10 HP you can take salve, and two kinds of pots. You go back up to 50 HP immediatly (so a bow user could still finish you/TL you), then jump to 80 after 6 seconds. After a total of 66 seconds you would be at full health again.

Numbers are obviously adjustable, but we have to keep crafting in mind. If the direct healing goes too low there is no point for expensive materials anymore. If you remove it completely the whole system needs to be reworked.

Another idea I had was tying healing salve timers to armor weight. So the lower your weight the faster the heal pops. What do you think?

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Elon tells us to break everything and make it better :rolleyes: Also reason why we wanna change things is that we can survive so easy now and healing is way to much. Most people also hate the 1hp guy in ogh tha instantly go to 200hp using a potion. This is why we talking about making animations for it all +make all heals HoTs and only magic being burst healing.
Yeah guys in ogh healing to 200hp with a pot are the real problem, thats why we need to nerf bandages?

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Yeah guys in ogh healing to 200hp with a pot are the real problem, thats why we need to nerf bandages?
I honestly dont care much for this as its well timed and such but i do see the irritation it would cause as someone that is just a sliver to die and then is full hp and doing it with 0 teamwork. People often brings this up when talking about MO1.

In MO1 they also changed feeding pets potions from instant heal to HoT as it was deemed crazy OP.

Main reason for the change is cuz you dont lose much hp now if your using your equipment hits and parrys to you advantage. Which most people who tried the alpha are agreeing on. It will also cause the need for more teamwork.

When they add the healing stuff to the game, they can have us do a series of tests with different healing items and we can give proper feedback on it. testing the new idéas and the old seeing what seems to work best.

Honestly the old system to me always felt like a placeholder system. Much if it probably from lack of animations and it was just all instant bandages and potions. Also the HoT effects like passive regen everything gave chunky numbers instead of having 1hp per .2-.5 sec and such. Made it feel stale and simple.

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
This community is hilarious. Even if DH potions were removed, HoT would receive just as many complaints, if not more since bandages are less effective. People would whine about perpetual regeneration potions or "DH-like" potions that recover large amounts of HP over a short time.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
This community is hilarious. Even if DH potions were removed, HoT would receive just as many complaints, if not more since bandages are less effective. People would whine about perpetual regeneration potions or "DH-like" potions that recover large amounts of HP over a short time.
Well people will complain about everything, doesn't mean they shouldn't be looking at ways to balance combat healing better this time around and limiting burst healing available.

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
well if there was a HoT potion even if its a short duration, you still have the chance to see it and corrupt the target to prevent further healing aka skill matters? then again finding the recipe for a strong healing pot is also skill
?‍♀️

Reactions: Rolufe

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
in mo 1 , i enjoyed the delay from the time you apply the bandage to the time you befenit from the healing. I also did enjoy the fact if you were being hit after applying the bandage but before receiving the hp, you were losing half or more of the benefice . This, combined to the coldown before you can start applying another bandage, made people wisely choose when ,and where to bandage. While i 'd like it to improve, specially with an animation and such, i don't really want them to change much from how they were working in MO...

Reactions: ElPerro and Eldrath

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It is an MMORPG afterall. Gear crutching on potions is fine because people need to be able to min/max in an MMORPG for it to be fun. I personally almost never used 110 pots, but whats the point of even playing if you can't come with a high tier suit?

plus rich or poor death hand still brings you to the floor.

Reactions: Rolufe