Auto Kick AFKS

plutus

May 28, 2020
A big portion of the hold up right now is afk players not wanting to wait in q again, so when they go to work or away for an extended period of time they just afk sit at a bank. Kick them after 20 minutes of inactivity. This would increase the flow of players getting into the game. Escape from Tarkov did this, and it worked really really well. 2hr nave q's are ruining the new player experience and retention.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
reset the server at random intervals 4-8 hrs for example macros will keep afkers in because it makes them look like there playing still this way it rotates players out who are not at the pc (Add a 20 min warning though too when server going down)
yeah its inconvient for player who are playing but i feel its kinda essential with how peopel are atm there ither asleepo macroing ingame or sitting in char select

Reactions: Brewer and Psyop

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Just implement a random kick lottery with a little message telling the player that they need to take a rest IRL to replenish their gaming reserves. Only those online for 8+ hrs would be entered into the draw.

Reactions: Brewer

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
The afkers aren't the reason we aren't able to get in. There could be 5 people online and many of us would get stuck in a queue while others would not be. Some people are able to get in just fine right now.

Besides, the server should be able to handle more than 8k players easy based on the claims the devs have been making for the past year. If they can't, there is a bigger problem afoot.

Jan 23, 2021
The first solution is easily avoided with macros or running into a wall. The other suggestions do not work in a full loot, PvP game. That is, unless you are ok with being logged out when you are being chased and getting easily killed. And to stop your next argument before you make it (just have folks instantly leave the game), that would cause people to avoid getting killed by terminating their connection.

The way to prevent folks from AFKing rather than logging out for the night is to fix the logging in issues. Which they are working on.

Reactions: Raknor and Psyop

superfunbbq

Jan 26, 2022
USA
www.twitch.tv
Unfortunately, this is a by-product of condoning so much macro/AFK activity in the game., in my opinion. Also, not sure how the Mortal Online 2 infrastructure is, but below could help out everyone, especially at a congested launch.

“FFXIV solved this in Shadowbringers launch by just restarting the server twice a day force kicking the AFKers,” user ‘Tykero980’ said. “It worked pretty well at keeping things manageable by purging the people cheating the system.”

plutus

May 28, 2020
The afkers aren't the reason we aren't able to get in. There could be 5 people online and many of us would get stuck in a queue while others would not be. Some people are able to get in just fine right now.

Besides, the server should be able to handle more than 8k players easy based on the claims the devs have been making for the past year. If they can't, there is a bigger problem afoot.
No, anyone trying to go to Nave has to wait. People are not "getting in fine". Afkers are the reason people are not getting in.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Do we even have to say this? Its 2022 how is this not an automatic feature?

regardless people will just macro and stay in the server. Its really hard to tell if someone is macroing afk or not.

Brewer

Jan 29, 2022
Indeed after 4 hours of waiting yesterday I was able to get a tiny bit of playtime during off-peak. 99% of the players I saw in Meduli were people AFK macroing. One player named Hollow has been AFK macroing in the bank since launch. Nothing is being done about it.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Indeed after 4 hours of waiting yesterday I was able to get a tiny bit of playtime during off-peak. 99% of the players I saw in Meduli were people AFK macroing. One player named Hollow has been AFK macroing in the bank since launch. Nothing is being done about it.
im going on 24 hrs now in queues crashed 5 times dso that would of reset position assuming there are positions and not a FFA log in attempt

Jan 23, 2021
So then why are you not doing anything about it? This is a full contact game. Push the AFKers out of town and let nature take its course.

D

Deleted member 44

Based on SVs new EULA macroing is bannable. Install AFK kick timer and ban people for anti log out macros. Seems simple to me.

Jan 28, 2022

With restarts happening at least once a day it's not possible that someone has been "afking since launch".

plutus

May 28, 2020
So then why are you not doing anything about it? This is a full contact game. Push the AFKers out of town and let nature take its course.
They would still be afk, doesn't solve any problems.

With restarts happening at least once a day it's not possible that someone has been "afking since launch".
Also restarts are not happening once a day. That was my misunderstanding. It used to be like that in mo1.

Jan 28, 2022
They would still be afk, doesn't solve any problems.

Also restarts are not happening once a day. That was my misunderstanding. It used to be like that in mo1.
That would be true....

Except for the fact they very much have been restarting the server? Lol

So, now this is just awkward for ya bud.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Instead of auto kicking AFKs in game they are auto kicking you in the queue. They should at least work on a way to keep your position but let people pass over you if you have not signed in with in the 5min afk in the login. That way you can get the next spot open. You just comeback press enter nave and then it waits for the next spot if you missed the afk timer.

plutus

May 28, 2020
Instead of auto kicking AFKs in game they are auto kicking you in the queue. They should at least work on a way to keep your position but let people pass over you if you have not signed in with in the 5min afk in the login. That way you can get the next spot open. You just comeback press enter nave and then it waits for the next spot if you missed the afk timer.

Or create a working queue within a launcher of the game. And when you're queue is done, it automatically puts you into your character screen.
When Tarkov got popular, that's what they did and it worked great. Queues were long, but atleast you knew where you were and had a sense of when you would get in. Their auto afk timer started once you got into the homescreen.

90k player queues were less than an hour long.
Mortal is facing the same problem scaled down 90%