Auto Kick AFKS

Jan 28, 2022
Are you illiterate. Look at what you wrote.
And yet the end result is the same, they've technically restarted it the 26th, the 27th, the 28th, 29th, 30th, (though I got kicked out last night so I think they did this morning as well)

So, are we done or do you still feel the need to act like a mook? 🤣

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I can't wait until I get through a 12 hour queue and then get kicked out because I had to eat dinner or take a shower. As if it's not bad enough when you happen to crash and your play session is immediately ended for the day.
BTW there are ways around an AFK timer. For example I saw a ghost running around in some sort of macro the other day. No way for an AFK timer to get that.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I can't wait until I get through a 12 hour queue and then get kicked out because I had to eat dinner or take a shower. As if it's not bad enough when you happen to crash and your play session is immediately ended for the day.
BTW there are ways around an AFK timer. For example I saw a ghost running around in some sort of macro the other day. No way for an AFK timer to get that.
True no way for an afk timer to catch a person using a macro like that. But now that person risking their account being caught using a third party app to play the game an are risk of being banned. So is having your account deleted worth the risk of sitting in que?

Also if your game crashes you have a 5-10 mins to log back in without having to re-enter the que.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
True no way for an afk timer to catch a person using a macro like that. But now that person risking their account being caught using a third party app to play the game an are risk of being banned. So is having your account deleted worth the risk of sitting in que?

Also if your game crashes you have a 5-10 mins to log back in without having to re-enter the que.

Untrue for the crashes btw. You do not have a window. That is only for the login/character select screen.

As for the macro users being caught.. You're telling me a GM is going to track down all the ghosts on this HUGE continent and make sure they're not AFK macroing? Not going to happen man, not realistic.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
This is one of those things that gets over vocalized even though it's not even that prominent of an issue. So it's going to get an over reaching solution from Star Vault because they never know how to temper situations when people cry non-stop.

I can see it now. Some guy gets up for 10 minutes and gets reported and kicked because he was gone for 10 minutes.

Some of you legit need to understand any action they are taking against AFK players is not because they are becoming problematic but because people continue to whine & complain about them, this is nothing more than a damage control & PR move that wastes their time but satisfies the ignorance of others.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Or create a working queue within a launcher of the game. And when you're queue is done, it automatically puts you into your character screen.
When Tarkov got popular, that's what they did and it worked great. Queues were long, but atleast you knew where you were and had a sense of when you would get in. Their auto afk timer started once you got into the homescreen.

90k player queues were less than an hour long.
Mortal is facing the same problem scaled down 90%
They are deving that right now. I thought they had a queue built like a month ago but apparently not.

plutus

May 28, 2020
This is one of those things that gets over vocalized even though it's not even that prominent of an issue. So it's going to get an over reaching solution from Star Vault because they never know how to temper situations when people cry non-stop.

I can see it now. Some guy gets up for 10 minutes and gets reported and kicked because he was gone for 10 minutes.

Some of you legit need to understand any action they are taking against AFK players is not because they are becoming problematic but because people continue to whine & complain about them, this is nothing more than a damage control & PR move that wastes their time but satisfies the ignorance of others.
Buddy, it's an auto disconnect. Not a reporting system.

plutus

May 28, 2020
The idea is the queue wouldn't be 12 hours and yeah there but macroing is bannable.

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
A big portion of the hold up right now is afk players not wanting to wait in q again, so when they go to work or away for an extended period of time they just afk sit at a bank. Kick them after 20 minutes of inactivity. This would increase the flow of players getting into the game. Escape from Tarkov did this, and it worked really really well. 2hr nave q's are ruining the new player experience and retention.
I would happily deal with 2hr queues. 10-12 hours, 3 days in a row, I let it run and still haven't gotten in. I've been trying since last Thursday... It's Monday.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
The idea is the queue wouldn't be 12 hours and yeah there but macroing is bannable.

I love how the idea you guys come up with is to kick AFKs. As if the primary problem is a couple hundred people being AFK, and not improving things like server capacity or the fact that Star Vault's queue system IS NOT WORKING as they have said a dozen times by now. :rolleyes:

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I just think it's funny Plutus is telling me I'm wrong even though SV keeps flip-flopping saying to report AFK players, then don't report them, then report them, then dont, etc.

plutus

May 28, 2020
I just think it's funny Plutus is telling me I'm wrong even though SV keeps flip-flopping saying to report AFK players, then don't report them, then report them, then dont, etc.
That's not what I proposed in the thread. I'm strictly talking about what I said would be a good fix. Not what sv is saying.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Just implement a random kick lottery with a little message telling the player that they need to take a rest IRL to replenish their gaming reserves. Only those online for 8+ hrs would be entered into the draw.
I don't like games telling me what to do with my time.

plutus

May 28, 2020
I also thinks it funny that they added an auto disconnect feature for the next patch.

7. Will there be AFK timersM For in game AFK and AFK macros?

AFK players will be DC-ed over time (YEET)