Australia: Is there a point of me playing?

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
You can effectively ignore Lord Hair Remover as he hasn't played since easy anti cheat update. I know many Australians who play. They are able to parry just fine although they do say sometimes the enemy hits from farther away than they should.

You can effectively fuck off and stop being a schill and trying to sugar coat an experience for someone especially at the price they'll have to pay to experience it.

You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, stop trying to force how you feel onto others by smearing someone else.

It's honestly laughable. Let the man read and decide. Didn't see @finegamingconnoisseur come in and tell the guy to ignore me.

• Haha
Reactions: Piet and Tzone

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
So whit distance you mean 10 meters from the target?

Due to the way it works, on my screen an Aussie can hit me from 5-10 meters away. So because I am not expecting it, I will either not parry or parry and release it early as their attack actually comes 1-2 seconds after their swing.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
You can effectively fuck off and stop being a schill and trying to sugar coat an experience for someone especially at the price they'll have to pay to experience it.

You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, stop trying to force how you feel onto others by smearing someone else.

It's honestly laughable. Let the man read and decide. Didn't see @finegamingconnoisseur come in and tell the guy to ignore me.

He is correct however. Your guild is dead and you just lurk the forums slating everything about the game. Your opinion is not relevant.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Due to the way it works, on my screen an Aussie can hit me from 5-10 meters away. So because I am not expecting it, I will either not parry or parry and release it early as their attack actually comes 1-2 seconds after their swing.
Yeah.. wish they had a NA server so aussies could play there and this was a thing of the past.

Reactions: Tzone

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Didn't see @finegamingconnoisseur come in and tell the guy to ignore me.
I'm not sure how I came in and told him to ignore you?

Edit: Another forum member has pointed out to me that you mean I did not come in and tell him to ignore you. I believe I may have misunderstood you, if I have then I apologise and retract my question above.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
With ping normalizations and slow combat and movement meant that even Aussies can play with no issues according to Aussie testers and SV.
Thats the reasoning behind the slow and easy combat system we have currently.

He is correct however. Your guild is dead and you just lurk the forums slating everything about the game. Your opinion is not relevant.
This is false, Star Vault themselves has said numerous times that through slower movement and slow hits and with ping normalization Aussies dont have ping problems. This is backed up by Valoran who helped SV get to a close to perfect experience for Aussies.

This must obviously be a problem on your end sadly since SV learn from their mistakes and dont redo them!
Try upgrading your internet speeds and see if thats your issue!

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
With ping normalizations and slow combat and movement meant that even Aussies can play with no issues according to Aussie testers and SV.
Thats the reasoning behind the slow and easy combat system we have currently.

This is false, Star Vault themselves has said numerous times that through slower movement and slow hits and with ping normalization Aussies dont have ping problems. This is backed up by Valoran who helped SV get to a close to perfect experience for Aussies.

This must obviously be a problem on your end sadly since SV learn from their mistakes and dont redo them!
Try upgrading your internet speeds and see if thats your issue!
Ofc there is going to be problems. Im not saying star vaults system is perfect.
But a lot also has to do with routing, packetloss etc.
This is most likely the best system atm for a one worldwide server solution.
Im personally not a fan of this system. But Henrik wants this game to be that and as long as he wants it to be that, its going to be that.

IMO its not worth discussing anymore since SV has said no to more servers or any other solution everytime it has been brought up. It is what is. Sometimes it works good and sometimes not. And it seems to be highly individual which is a bit sad.

Last edited:

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021

He literally said the opposite and you quoted him saying it? What's the confusion for? He said you didn't say to ignore him lol.

Just goes to show a topic can be made, and people either don't read what others say or just take what they say and say it's irrelevant or not true, even though it's an entirely subjective matter or so people think.

Objectively speaking, the further away you are from the server the more issues you will experience. Typically at about the 110+ ping mark. The higher your ping above this mark the worse your game play will usually be. But even still you could be in EU, and have a horrible game experience due to ping because you have to now fight people with 300+ ping. Pretty stupid in a modern game we're forced to play with people with extremely high ping and have a degraded set of mechanics due to wanting to incorporate an entire globe of people in one game space at the expense of better systems.

That isn't to say the blame lays at the feet of AU, Oceanic, NA, or even EU players. It lays at the feet of Star Vault for trying to push a really niche title into a small pipe and then clogging it with hair, paper, and shit and just expecting it to have running water all the time.

I've had plenty of close friends from the AU play the game, both extremely good players and average. More often then not their experience is drastically different and they have to play extremely aggressive to be competitive and PvP, not to mention other things are extremely delayed for them and they get a ton of weird latency issues you typically see in online games when you have high ping.

Could you enjoy the game with high ping? Sure. Is it an experience you'd pay 40$ for plus a sub, and then more if you wish to have more accounts? Only the truly dedicated might.

I mean even this guy tells you that there are issues with it but then quotes another dude he doesn't like for personal reasons and says his opinion is irrelevant / wrong even though it's saying what I just said, plus what others are saying. Confirming that people like Kuthara are just ultimately here to stir up shit and then play stupid when someone throws it in their face.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
He literally said the opposite and you quoted him saying it? What's the confusion for? He said you didn't say to ignore him lol.

Just goes to show a topic can be made, and people either don't read what others say or just take what they say and say it's irrelevant or not true, even though it's an entirely subjective matter or so people think.
A case of misunderstanding, perhaps. Hence my seeking clarification.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor

Edit: Another forum member has pointed out to me that you mean I did not come in and tell him to ignore you. I believe I may have misunderstood you, if I have then I apologise and retract my question above.

Yes, I was actually giving you props for giving an opinion without the need of slandering or shutting down someone else.

Unlike others who are still malding from the fact I organized a group that beat their supposed vet guild that's been around since the first game.

Watched your videos by the way, very interesting take on the game I must say.

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
I love MMORPG's and sword fighting games, I have 10's of thousands of hours in both Chivalry and Mordhau and this is a game that is something I have always wanted.

I have read a lot of things about the struggle of Australians in the game.

Can I be viable in PVP or duels with a ping so high?

Is there a point to me playing if I want to be PVP focused when my ping is from Australia?

Thanks.
Best thing to do is try it while it’s on pre-release. If you get it through steam, and it turns out to be really bad with your ping, then you should be able to return it.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Aussie here, Can confirm that ping is most definitely a problem in this game however We aussies are normally used to this bullshit from other high-ping titles and we work with what we have.

Few examples of how the High-Ping sucks, In PVE you cannot last second parry against mobs, Soon as you see the wind up animation you better be blocking in that direction or you will be hit, Same applies to PVP.
If a player is winding up their swing you better block in that direction immediately, You cannot parry on their release animation you will 100% get hit.

Another issue is players can Hit you from 5-metres away even with short weapons like 1handed swords or daggers.
In teamfights if you have more than 1 person on you, You're already dead as you cannot block all that's coming at you while someone with good ping/being a good player can hold their ground.

No sugar coating here, Spitting straight up facts because at times it's generally bullshit how much people play it off as being a minor inconvenience when really it's a big deal and changes how we play the game entirely.

Having to pay a box-price and Subscription cost more than mostly any other person in the world is also a deal-breaker.

Now past the Many cons which i still hadn't listed, The Pros.

"In a 1v1 if you're fighting someone whom doesn't know you are an Aussie players, Face to face landing a riposte on a person whom has distance, you can hit them from afar such as 5-meters which people would do to yourself more often in engagement instead of standoffs.

If you're packing a heavy axe/mace you can land a big hit on someone whom has good ping and assume they're far away that they don't need to block, You can change the battle.......BUT if they find out you are an australian they will simply parry every hit that is coming their way and punish your aggressive tactic as lower ping to the server/movement They'll catch upto you and you're screwed."

While I'd prefer to be a footfighter and played many games of Mount&Blade, Chiv1/2, Mordhau, Gloria Victus and was considered a top-tier player in many of those games....There's no chance you will ever be as good as your average EU player whom can parry everything you throw at them unless you attempt to break the game with broken Animations.

Current playstyles i use now to half-avoid this nonsense is, Mage and Mounted Archer/Mounted Combat.

There is still that mentality of hey i won't get hit but as soon as someone is looking at your and charging from 10meters away, You need to run else in half a second that sword swinging 7metres away is going to hit you in the face which you'll be sticky backed to death.

While i hate most of the ping related stuff in the game and people underplaying how important the ping is to high players in the OCE/SEA area, The game is definitely the most fun i had in awhile, Besides the bullshit i have to deal with constantly.

TL;DR, Ping is an issue but we work with what we get, Box-price/Sub-price is super fucking high for us Australians, Fun game but we have to deal with what we got.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Aussie here, Can confirm that ping is most definitely a problem in this game however We aussies are normally used to this bullshit from other high-ping titles and we work with what we have.

Few examples of how the High-Ping sucks, In PVE you cannot last second parry against mobs, Soon as you see the wind up animation you better be blocking in that direction or you will be hit, Same applies to PVP.
If a player is winding up their swing you better block in that direction immediately, You cannot parry on their release animation you will 100% get hit.

Another issue is players can Hit you from 5-metres away even with short weapons like 1handed swords or daggers.
In teamfights if you have more than 1 person on you, You're already dead as you cannot block all that's coming at you while someone with good ping/being a good player can hold their ground.

No sugar coating here, Spitting straight up facts because at times it's generally bullshit how much people play it off as being a minor inconvenience when really it's a big deal and changes how we play the game entirely.

Having to pay a box-price and Subscription cost more than mostly any other person in the world is also a deal-breaker.

Now past the Many cons which i still hadn't listed, The Pros.

"In a 1v1 if you're fighting someone whom doesn't know you are an Aussie players, Face to face landing a riposte on a person whom has distance, you can hit them from afar such as 5-meters which people would do to yourself more often in engagement instead of standoffs.

If you're packing a heavy axe/mace you can land a big hit on someone whom has good ping and assume they're far away that they don't need to block, You can change the battle.......BUT if they find out you are an australian they will simply parry every hit that is coming their way and punish your aggressive tactic as lower ping to the server/movement They'll catch upto you and you're screwed."

While I'd prefer to be a footfighter and played many games of Mount&Blade, Chiv1/2, Mordhau, Gloria Victus and was considered a top-tier player in many of those games....There's no chance you will ever be as good as your average EU player whom can parry everything you throw at them unless you attempt to break the game with broken Animations.

Current playstyles i use now to half-avoid this nonsense is, Mage and Mounted Archer/Mounted Combat.

There is still that mentality of hey i won't get hit but as soon as someone is looking at your and charging from 10meters away, You need to run else in half a second that sword swinging 7metres away is going to hit you in the face which you'll be sticky backed to death.

While i hate most of the ping related stuff in the game and people underplaying how important the ping is to high players in the OCE/SEA area, The game is definitely the most fun i had in awhile, Besides the bullshit i have to deal with constantly.

TL;DR, Ping is an issue but we work with what we get, Box-price/Sub-price is super fucking high for us Australians, Fun game but we have to deal with what we got.
When we do minos we need to put the aus player up front so they dont have to parry. We have a top teir aus player in our guild and hes not able to parry minos.

You can get hit 10 feet away as a aus player but aus player can hit you 10 feet away too thats why foot work is so important as a aus and you need to learn to use the 10 foot stabs to your advantage with good positioning.

There are aus players who can do good at FF but they are the best of the best and would probably be gods if they had EU ping. Also they aways have to go super sweaty compared to NA and EU players.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Aussies using ExitLag have claimed to have managed to drop their pings significantly. Has a 3-day trial so I'd recommend giving that a go and have people swing at you, comparing the two.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
WA is about as far away from MO server as you can get because your connection travels across to the Eastern States before leaving Aus, WA ping will be around 300, East side can get as low as 230-250.

Ping does effect gameplay negatively, I have played with very high (330 WA standard) and very low (16 Western Europe) ping and the gameplay is completely different.

Having played MO1 for about 7 years I can say that the ping issue while being annoying in 1v1s wasn't a deal breaker because in team fights, situational awareness, stam management and basic positioning are much more important.

Exitlag can drop the ping by upto 50ms although everytime I asked Henrik if it's allowed I never got an answer

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
WA is about as far away from MO server as you can get because your connection travels across to the Eastern States before leaving Aus, WA ping will be around 300, East side can get as low as 230-250.

Ping does effect gameplay negatively, I have played with very high (330 WA standard) and very low (16 Western Europe) ping and the gameplay is completely different.

Having played MO1 for about 7 years I can say that the ping issue while being annoying in 1v1s wasn't a deal breaker because in team fights, situational awareness, stam management and basic positioning are much more important.

Exitlag can drop the ping by upto 50ms although everytime I asked Henrik if it's allowed I never got an answer
Exitlag is allowed since only thing it does is affect your routing to the server.