Australia: Is there a point of me playing?

SwordSwinger69

Dec 7, 2021
I love MMORPG's and sword fighting games, I have 10's of thousands of hours in both Chivalry and Mordhau and this is a game that is something I have always wanted.

I have read a lot of things about the struggle of Australians in the game.

Can I be viable in PVP or duels with a ping so high?

Is there a point to me playing if I want to be PVP focused when my ping is from Australia?

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
No.

People will try to tell you otherwise, and that you won't notice it; but you will.

The server is in the U.K.

No amount of tweaking, normalization in ping, etc. is going to make your gameplay feel normal because technology just simply isn't there.

You can always buy it and try it out, but the game is more of a facade for your first few weeks of playing it as everything is new and interesting until you start getting into the nitty gritty.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You can be a tamer… or a mage…but yea melee fighting will feel pretty off most of the time. Youll have a terrible time trying to block anything.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Australian player here.

There will be some ping issues, like *some* players warping and you may see them hitting you from a bit of a distance than they should otherwise. I say some players because I have seen instances where several players are walking around, one of them is warping while others are not.

PVE wise, the ping isn't an issue (for me anyway, but your results may vary). I'm fairly comfortable with the ping as it is, I don't pvp much so it doesn't affect me as it might for others from Australia. The few times that I have been in pvp, the ping wasn't radically bad, speaking for myself only.

I have watched videos where Australian players are having terrible ping issues when pvping other players, however.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I love MMORPG's and sword fighting games, I have 10's of thousands of hours in both Chivalry and Mordhau and this is a game that is something I have always wanted.

I have read a lot of things about the struggle of Australians in the game.

Can I be viable in PVP or duels with a ping so high?

Is there a point to me playing if I want to be PVP focused when my ping is from Australia?

Thanks.
You can effectively ignore Lord Hair Remover as he hasn't played since easy anti cheat update. I know many Australians who play. They are able to parry just fine although they do say sometimes the enemy hits from farther away than they should.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you are west coast or further you are most likely not going to be a top tier player. Very few good aus players with many needing to guess and predict still. The aus play style relies on foot work to run in and out using the snapping effect of high ping players having their location fixed by the server.

If you dont want a harder time then the rest of the server at playing the game just play mage.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

SwordSwinger69

Dec 7, 2021
If you are west coast or further you are most likely not going to be a top tier player. Very few good aus players with many needing to guess and predict still. The aus play style relies on foot work to run in and out using the snapping effect of high ping players having their location fixed by the server.

If you dont want a harder time then the rest of the server at playing the game just play mage.

If the servers are based in England, Western Australia is closer than any other state, so the ping should be lower. Do you mean the East Coast? Such as Victoria, Sydney etc.

Australian player here.

There will be some ping issues, like *some* players warping and you may see them hitting you from a bit of a distance than they should otherwise. I say some players because I have seen instances where several players are walking around, one of them is warping while others are not.

PVE wise, the ping isn't an issue (for me anyway, but your results may vary). I'm fairly comfortable with the ping as it is, I don't pvp much so it doesn't affect me as it might for others from Australia. The few times that I have been in pvp, the ping wasn't radically bad, speaking for myself only.

I have watched videos where Australian players are having terrible ping issues when pvping other players, however.

Do you use Exitlag or anything like that to reduce ping?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If the servers are based in England, Western Australia is closer than any other state, so the ping should be lower. Do you mean the East Coast? Such as Victoria, Sydney etc.

Yes a aussy in my guild was recently having issues with the game lagging but used to be a top tier player because he took a break. He then tried exit lag and said it was better then how his old latency was. I think hes going to try to go back to his old ping because he built a play style around high ping foot work.

SwordSwinger69

Dec 7, 2021
Yes a aussy in my guild was recently having issues with the game lagging but used to be a top tier player because he took a break. He then tried exit lag and said it was better then how his old latency was. I think hes going to try to go back to his old ping because he built a play style around high ping foot work.

Oh cool, thanks. I read your review on Steam by the way, constructive insight but still doesn't push players away.

Reactions: Tzone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Everyone knows that wether you live right next to the server or 100000km away it's still perfectly fair. Some of the best PvPers I know are from the moon

• Haha
Reactions: Kameyo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Everyone knows that wether you live right next to the server or 100000km away it's still perfectly fair. Some of the best PvPers I know are from the moon
Its defiantly not fair and there is a video from snasen on it. Is it playable for most people yes but a NA players game is different then a EU players game. EU players can mess up a parry and recover from that but a NA player most of the time cant correct a parry mistake.

Australians need to play with footwork and a lot of them have to guess the parry which is they the better aus players will do the run in and out foot work.

Reactions: SwordSwinger69

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com

None whatsoever. I live in WA so I guess that may have made the ping a little better. Not sure what the ping is like on the eastern states.

Reactions: SwordSwinger69

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
I'm in Melbourne on NBN. My ping right now is 298 however can hover anywhere from say 250-330.
My PvP experience is primarily based on the strategy of either running away or being a victim, so can't really offer you any advice here. For every other aspect of the game I've experienced no ping related issues.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hello fellow Cave Dweller! I got the game based on your post as your experience will be the same to mine in terms of connectivity.

Do you know what ping you usually sit at?
Aussie Aussie Aussie!!

If I recall correctly, there was a thread from quite some time back where the community posted their ping to the game server (or somewhere) and my ping was 290-320 ms.

Welcome to the club mate. 👍

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Piet

May 28, 2020

I do not understand how ping could not effect a melee game.
They have a ping normalization, the technology works really well. Out of the 2 best fighters I know one is US and the other is Oceanic.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
We have several Australians who do extremely well in PvP. You need to play quite aggressive as you will struggle to get the parries up in times however in large combat your ping can actually be beneficial. You will hit people when they do not expect you to hit them, from distances they are not prepared for. We actually have a Japanese player who gets more kills in large scale fights than any of us.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
We have several Australians who do extremely well in PvP. You need to play quite aggressive as you will struggle to get the parries up in times however in large combat your ping can actually be beneficial. You will hit people when they do not expect you to hit them, from distances they are not prepared for. We actually have a Japanese player who gets more kills in large scale fights than any of us.
So whit distance you mean 10 meters from the target?