Armour Crafting Exp Gain vs Materials Used

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
As an armourer, I find the crafting exp gain a bit silly. Wether you use steel to make a Merc Plate Chest plate with 100% material scales or bone tissue to make the helm with 0% material scale, you still gain 45 exp.

Please increase exp gain (or decrease exp gain) based on how much materials you use, or even better: quantity and the quality of the material you use.

Players are just going to to stockpile the higher end materials and use grain leather to level armouring and only start making actual armour at lvl80.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
The whole system is a bit outdated. In the end you are gonna stand at the crafting station crafting and deleting stuff for hours. The option to discard stuff when crafting it is also missing.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
As an armourer, I find the crafting exp gain a bit silly. Wether you use steel to make a Merc Plate Chest plate with 100% material scales or bone tissue to make the helm with 0% material scale, you still gain 45 exp.

Please increase exp gain (or decrease exp gain) based on how much materials you use, or even better: quantity and the quality of the material you use.

Players are just going to to stockpile the higher end materials and use grain leather to level armouring and only start making actual armour at lvl80.

I agree, absolutely. I used stax n stax to max. The one hax is obviously refining. You see, almost everything except raw craft (merc plate for instance) can be gained by other means. Crushing will max flake fast, refining will give low-ish yields (or used to), but it was still preferable to spam. HOWEVER, the SHEER MASS OF MATS you have to use to spam is a bit much.

So you're wrong @ what players are gonna do, no they are gonna refine like they always did. Still, still exp gain is stupid low. I really did use close to 20 stacks of bone tissue (mbe more) to level axe crafting, and that's not even touching adv blade or blunt head, spear head, dagger head, 2h hilt. It's saved by the fact A. better than other MMOs and B. You only have to do it once hopefully! I can't imagine having to reroll a crafter, since a lot of people are not making a more dedicated crafter (no matter what you say the +50 humans get and all those +10 lores, attributes to dump into int DO MATTER, it can let you get fabri when you couldn't, for instance, which is like 2 extra skills.)

It just takes too much. But yea do refining, my dude. I think even more so now that it seems stuff like steel armor uses even more mats.

Edit: same at deleting, disgusting! But they took off the limit to drop loot time, so you can just keep dropping loads, but you gotta be naked for optimal success. Like I said, I dunno why you should have to craft more than 100 things to level 1-100, real talk. But... I'll do it at first and I'm gonna leave it. Could be months before I am ready for a reroll. haha. If crafting wasn't such a bitch to level, and I hadn't JUST DONE IT, I might even be testing this phase.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Action skills lvling go quite fast, crafting skill leveling seems a bit out of touch.

I'm not sure what you mean by refining. Refining is not gonna level my armour crafting.

All I'm saying is give us the option to use higher grade materials, like horned scale instead of grain leather, to level crafting faster.

It will be good for the game as hunters will get more clients and the armour you spew out could actually be useful instead of these mountainous heaps of grain leather kallard helms.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Yeah, but most such game mechanics rely atleast on how difficult the action is you wanna level and give relative skill points gain. This is just practicing he most simplistic of tasks.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The system here has always be trash in that regard.

Quality and quantity should definitely make a difference in gains over time.

This way there is reason for players to want to use better and better stuff as they progress.

It would also be good for the economy as more of a variety of things will be in demand.