Are the ecumenical animations underwhelming poll

Are the ecumenical animations underwhelming

• Total voters

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Please respond based on the aesthetics/visuals. Not if the school seems complete or balanced or what not

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Follow up question does anybody think that the question is unclear and only referring to the cast animation or is it clear that I’m referring to the school as a whole?

please leave verbal feedback as well to support your thoughts

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
please leave verbal feedback as well to support your thoughts

Is it really worth it? ;)

Aesthetics/visuals: Worst than mo1 except Fulmination.

Balance: Its fine ... except Mounted Fat mage is quite OP specially because they can heal horse will mounted.

Bug: Server dont register when some one send you a spell from far away. ( No Sound, No Visual Effect )

Complete/uncomplete: The school need a spell to make light.

undeadfred

Aug 18, 2021
Please respond based on the aesthetics/visuals. Not if the school seems complete or balanced or what not
I like the direction it's going. I think all spells of a certain spell school should share the same casting animation. They should then a have unique color for each spell in that in school. Right now some spells share the same or similar colors. Flamestrike and Fulmination are two dangerous spells that you need to be able to distinguish. If flamestrike is red, then fulmination cannot have any red in it's spell effect. Make it Black, or some other color not shared by a spell.

The only other thing I would add is place a visual effect to magic debuffs. This would add feedback that the effect landed, and allow friendly mages to more easily identify targets that need to be Purified. If a target is fulminated then they should have a spell effect on them that grows bigger until the point of detonation. For Corrupt make it a dark cloud above their head. It really doesn't matter what the effect is so long as it is readable.

What I really would hate to see is spell effects and animations become more complicated, and harder to read. The building blocks are all here they just need to be applied in a more thoughtful way.

The goal should be that if you see a mage casting you are able to immediately identify what school he is casting from, and what spell he is casting.

Last edited:

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
School needs spells traveling in the air to the target like the old game had sure you can't dodge them but it was an immersive visual and had a small amount of tactical importance.

Reactions: TrashBoat