are stored items character bound or account bound?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Since there is only 1 character per account, i was wondering ... and imagining how bad it would be if it was character bound, and how better it would be if account bound.
Same question with all possessions, like houses and stuff.

Reactions: a.out and BongRips

Northern Rooster

Apr 7, 2021
Are you suggesting that when you delete a character and make a new one, that the new one could open the deleted characters bank with all its stuff in it?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
yup.
because people will just use proxy players to do it, and it will be a nightmare.
the more years the game will have, the more nightmarish it will be ...
imagine new clades / rebalance that would want you to reroll, after 2 years of farm.
imagine all the new players who will totally fuck the first character they will farm with ...
additionally, there could be an option to clean all existing banks when creating new char (with password confirmation), if people want it.

Reactions: Melvinius

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In MO1 we had reroll tokens for 9 dollar. With this token players had been able to recreate their character without losing skills and banks. I think we will see something like that in MO2.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Wow, already in the forum we have requests for Fast Travel and now Banks available to re-rolled characters. Looks like the instant-gratification players are starting to arrive.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Wow, already in the forum we have requests for Fast Travel and now Banks available to re-rolled characters. Looks like the instant-gratification players are starting to arrive.
ah! i forgot about this community ... half of it is braindead keyboard warriors ... lack in dmg bonus tho.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
This suggestion actually makes sense. If you are deleting and remaking then why not?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
In MO1 we had reroll tokens for 9 dollar. With this token players had been able to recreate their character without losing skills and banks. I think we will see something like that in MO2.
hmmm ok.
but paid reroll will still make low will player quit easily.
a game based on full player interaction / economy need to be populated ... and low will people are like the majority of people.
useless hurdles like that need to be removed.
paid reroll could be to keep your skills, and soft reroll to make people not ragequit over a balance buff/nerf.
if people are worried about people rerolling to zvoid bad reputation, then you make it so you keep your stuff only if you keep the same name.

Urtz

Apr 8, 2021

I mean, what exactly is the difference between this and just asking a friend to hold your stuff in their inventory while you make a new character? Or trading with yourself on a second account? Or putting your stuff in your own personal guild bank?

It's just a QoL feature, and a pretty sensible one. It's got nothing in common with fast travel.

Reactions: Melvinius

Melvinius

Apr 9, 2021
I mean, what exactly is the difference between this and just asking a friend to hold your stuff in their inventory while you make a new character? Or trading with yourself on a second account? Or putting your stuff in your own personal guild bank?

It's just a QoL feature, and a pretty sensible one. It's got nothing in common with fast travel.
Absolutely agree. Unless you are going to ban player transactions, which could ALWAYS be exploited to achieve the end result anyways, it just makes sense to have a persistent bank.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
and if you are not 100% sure you will not go multiple characters per account, then just bind banked items to character slots instead of account.