Aralis Enters the MO2 MMORPG Arena

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Well put, he like many others had a "you're with us or you're against us" mentality. There were many idle hands while RPK slayed noobs, which was another contributing factor to what the game turned into. I wouldn't be the blame on anyone because in a way we are all to blame for it, MO1 was just an egocentric mess of backstabbing politics and hypocrisy to the max degree on all fronts.

The best description i read ever.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I think Ibarruri was the real antagonist of MO selling the Weapons/Armors to both sides so they could fuel their wars.

Just saying.

Thank you, you flatter me, but in reality I was only a necessary part of a great chain, as Ichorcorp was before me.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Just stating this bluntly.

The Brotherhood Without Banners will not tolerate any group of any kind, especially those seeking to usurp some kind of power they don't have.

I'm looking at you Teknique, whether it is hearsay or not I'm aware of you talking about a massive group already plotting trying to control something that you wont be able to handle especially at the scale MO2 is (Granted, if the game doesn't go persistent and is horribly balanced and unfun).

I'm looking at you Ibarruri, tradesmen and merchant guilds are some of the biggest rats in the game. All your kind does is either put out marked up shoddy wares or just pull strings far enough back that you take no heat when shit hits the fan.

I'm looking at you Eldrath, still representing ZEAL in this case, I probably would see eye-to-eye with you the most on the idea of 'player safety' and how far it should go. But regardless, some silly monument, made up gods, and yelling heretics wont save you.

Should the game go along on a healthy path to shaping up into something playable, I will make it my goal in MO2 to never allow the political landscape of the game to slide back into some shitty two-party war.

I will always be the third party, regardless of the conflict.

I will steal from you, I will grief you, I will scam you.

So with all hope, I do look fondly on the idea that Aralis could potentially come back. Just another group deserving of being subjugated by freemen, who will always be free to do as they like.

I want to see Aku come back and bring back his original RPK, I want to see Killox come back and remake DRED and bring all his toxic players with him who only say 'kid' every 5 seconds and talk about how they are bangers.

Could delve further and further back into the past and bring up tons of people who I know would bring diversity back, but you get the point.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I want to see Aku come back and bring back his original RPK, I want to see Killox come back and remake DRED and bring all his toxic players with him who only say 'kid' every 5 seconds and talk about how they are bangers.

Could delve further and further back into the past and bring up tons of people who I know would bring diversity back, but you get the point.
Those players were weak, I destroyed them.

You don't yet understand your importance

I am simply evolution, your genes are worth preserving, theirs were not.

I am cultured I admire your beauty, yet you subscribe blindy to those who would use you for your power.

Unlike cruel Killox who demands that you stand, I am kind I ask only that you accept endless wealth.

Why should you serve trash?

Are you a bounty hunter or not? Or do you have an agenda that I am not aware of

Dred couldn’t bang without me kid

Last edited:

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I would say that he wasn't out to destroy like others, however he legitimately tried sectioning off a whole area of the map just for himself which essentially really would be taking away from others in a sense. He's an empire-builder first and foremost.

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the guy by any means but he was no saint like many think he was.
This quite wrong that corner of the map had nothing There was one wall making a resonable safe passage between one of the keeps and the "saliva island" it had a few bushes and there was a spider queen cave along the way. ID never blocked of a capital like others :ROFLMAO: Oh and we had a Whole city down on the islands bellow the cliff with all crafting tables, banks, vendors, librarians, spawn point,walls as bridges to other islands for easy access to hunt, mine and piers to fish. Mostly RPK used it :ROFLMAO: Spawn points was broken for majority of the city. It was also guarded so pretty safe.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Jakkob

Oct 14, 2020
This quite wrong that corner of the map had nothing There was one wall making a resonable safe passage between one of the keeps and the "saliva island" it had a few bushes and there was a spider queen cave along the way. ID never blocked of a capital like others :ROFLMAO: Oh and we had a Whole city down on the islands bellow the cliff with all crafting tables, banks, vendors, librarians, spawn point,walls as bridges to other islands for easy access to hunt, mine and piers to fish. Mostly RPK used it :ROFLMAO: Spawn points was broken for majority of the city. It was also guarded so pretty safe.
What was wrong about my statement? Do you deny that ID tried walling off the areas of your two keeps? Back when I was the leader of DEUS you were using us as a proxy to be sieged, that is why I turned against ID and the alliance (among other internal guild reasons). You did this with other guilds too, lest we not forget what happened to your allies that you put in the surrounding keeps.

Yes you weren't as bad as some who completely tried blocking off cities, but you still had a hand in trying to take a portion of the continent for yourselves and anyone obedient to you.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
I would say that he wasn't out to destroy like others, however he legitimately tried sectioning off a whole area of the map just for himself which essentially really would be taking away from others in a sense. He's an empire-builder first and foremost.

Oh that's bunk and you know it. He tried to control the territory that was already in ID's control, a territory that nobody else wanted. The South East corner of the map has always been the home of empire builders, even preceding ID with WSX, and proto-WSX guilds like KBI/Hyperion Alliance.

That "area he sectioned off" was a island with blackwood trees that was only accessible by a bridge. Were that bridge destroyed or cut off, it was very easy to control that area. There was no broader area that was walled off, and it has always been fashion to place walls around a keep and surrounding territory and strategic locations. That was never wrong, it was never considered immoral.

Unlike other guilds like RPK which legitimately did place walls on every single corner of the map from coast to coast and continent to continent. To complain about Aralis or his designs is like complaining about an individual mouse to a whole infestation and nest of rats.

It was not Aralis, but RPK and the players themselves that killed this game, and their never ending bloodlust, which they dubbed "PvP" but was more akin to ritualized griefing. See in PvP there's usually a chance that it's actually competitive, but buying into the propaganda, and ganging up on a guild with a vision with the whole server, there's no competition, there's no real conflict. It's just empty, and shallow, and boring.

But what would I know, I only ever fought on the side of the underdog.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
He was and might still be against the very fundaments of MOs design.
MO is meant to be player driven and hardcore, not AI driven filled with safe zones and personal guardzones. That was the first thing SV said back in 2009.

In what way is expanded occupations outside of randomly butchering your fellow players anything but "hardcore" in design? "Hardcore" doesn't just mean deatchmatching every single naked noob you come across, nor does "hardcore" only mean using your naked griefer thief to harass people for hours on end because you lack the imagination or friends to do anything otherwise.

Hardcore does imply that there is depth and breadth to the game and its mechanics, it does imply that there are deep consequences for actions beyond Player A did X thing, so Player B is mad for Y reason and wants to rage and break Player A's toys.

Being "Hardcore" goes beyond killing other players and looting them, there's more too it than that.

Jakkob

Oct 14, 2020
Oh that's bunk and you know it. He tried to control the territory that was already in ID's control, a territory that nobody else wanted. The South East corner of the map has always been the home of empire builders, even preceding ID with WSX, and proto-WSX guilds like KBI/Hyperion Alliance.

That "area he sectioned off" was a island with blackwood trees that was only accessible by a bridge. Were that bridge destroyed or cut off, it was very easy to control that area. There was no broader area that was walled off, and it has always been fashion to place walls around a keep and surrounding territory and strategic locations. That was never wrong, it was never considered immoral.

Unlike other guilds like RPK which legitimately did place walls on every single corner of the map from coast to coast and continent to continent. To complain about Aralis or his designs is like complaining about an individual mouse to a whole infestation and nest of rats.

It was not Aralis, but RPK and the players themselves that killed this game, and their never ending bloodlust, which they dubbed "PvP" but was more akin to ritualized griefing. See in PvP there's usually a chance that it's actually competitive, but buying into the propaganda, and ganging up on a guild with a vision with the whole server, there's no competition, there's no real conflict. It's just empty, and shallow, and boring.

But what would I know, I only ever fought on the side of the underdog.
If you read my post under that you will see I said I would not blame anyone specifically but ourselves as a whole.

RPK wasn't allowed cordially to use that spot, ID just could never kill them out of there even if they wanted to, I don't support RPK or what they have done but that is a fact. It was a laughing matter that fighting ID meant banking good gear because you guys rolled out in it and didn't know how to use it.

When I was in the ID alliance, we originally setup our palisade right outside of Mohki to be ID's lapdogs as there were rules for living out of the land, and if you didn't abide by them you were gonna get blown up (reasonably so, it's their land, but still). With ID's two keeps (three if you include the keepless spot) as well as their allies that were put on the frontline in keeps/palisades nearby to take the fall before ID as if they were pawns in a chess game (and they did fall); ID was empire building, which is a part of the game but don't say they were not doing this. By a vision for the whole server that would mean Emperor Aralis as that is the end-game of building an empire, being the sovereign leader. Myrland should never be ruled like this. Aralis' dream of strict peace and rules in a game like MO will never happen and was a fruitless venture to begin with, a good natured one I believe, but a near impossible task. He wanted to create a world where he would stop getting killed because he could never defend himself but only order his men to where he died and hope they didn't die too, which is also why ID would zerg at any moment possible.

I am not trying to demonize ID or Aralis, I'm just giving my first hand account and what followed after.

I agree, RPK was a toxic mess and they ruined a lot of new player's experiences single-handedly, but they are not the only ones to blame. Everyone is. In a game where you can do anything, people chose griefing over helping others in the end, or let others grief with no repercussions as they promised they wouldn't let happen.

Last edited:

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
What was wrong about my statement? Do you deny that ID tried walling off the areas of your two keeps? Back when I was the leader of DEUS you were using us as a proxy to be sieged, that is why I turned against ID and the alliance (among other internal guild reasons). You did this with other guilds too, lest we not forget what happened to your allies that you put in the surrounding keeps.

Yes you weren't as bad as some who completely tried blocking off cities, but you still had a hand in trying to take a portion of the continent for yourselves and anyone obedient to you.
We wall our keeps in just like everyone else with a keep? Was no real reason to put down any more walls.
I brought it up one day to put a wall down north of SoS palisade to stop the easy ride in from MK and Aralis went "No" He was against it cuz of costs was already too high on the 2 keeps and salvia island. We did however put down a guard house outside Mohki for extra guards. Think RPK sieged it later on or if it went with the keep.

From what i know, you knew we where at war with RPK and was warned about it, Same as SoS. Seems like you dislike that we would be defending you guys and repairing stuff for you? Pretty sure our guys also payed for some of the repairs. We also allowed your members to use salvia island to make some money since we had built pens there for raising animals. Most of IDs territory costs was on Aralis but we had some members that had extra cash that pitched in ones in a while.

It was our territory to do with as we saw fit? Built a City as well for everyone to live in. Always was Aralis will to set up a safe haven for newbies and people who didnt wanna PVP all the time. Same as ID did in EVE.

Anyway nothing of this matters anymore to us. For all we care the past is wiped clean, we wont be holding people to the past.

If you read my post under that you will see I said I would not blame anyone specifically but ourselves as a whole.

RPK wasn't allowed cordially to use that spot, ID just could never kill them out of there even if they wanted to, I don't support RPK or what they have done but that is a fact. It was a laughing matter that fighting ID meant banking good gear because you guys rolled out in it and didn't know how to use it.

When I was in the ID alliance, we originally setup our palisade right outside of Mohki to be ID's lapdogs as there were rules for living out of the land, and if you didn't abide by them you were gonna get blown up (reasonably so, it's their land, but still). With ID's two keeps (three if you include the keepless spot) as well as their allies that were put on the frontline in keeps/palisades nearby to take the fall before ID as if they were pawns in a chess game (and they did fall); ID was empire building, which is a part of the game but don't say they were not doing this. By a vision for the whole server that would mean Emperor Aralis as that is the end-game of building an empire, being the sovereign leader. Myrland should never be ruled like this. Aralis' dream of strict peace and rules in a game like MO will never happen and was a fruitless venture to begin with, a good natured one I believe, but a near impossible task. He wanted to create a world where he would stop getting killed because he could never defend himself but only order his men to where he died and hope they didn't die too, which is also why ID would zerg at any moment possible.

I am not trying to demonize ID or Aralis, I'm just giving my first hand account and what followed after.

I agree, RPK was a toxic mess and they ruined a lot of new player's experiences single-handedly, but they are not the only ones to blame. Everyone is. In a game where you can do anything, people chose griefing over helping others in the end, or let others grief with no repercussions as they promised they wouldn't let happen.

About the "zerg" thing, RPK zerged us just as much. No one is gonna say to their guild m8s "Na fuck off, we got enough guys already"

Yes we did often go in better gear cuz we often where outnumbered. I had a standard i held to not drop bellow Steel. But it got nerfed pretty damn hard it was a waste of money when you had panzar and such that was just better with no crazy mana and stam reductions and almost even defense. I still did it cuz it looked nicer. Now in MO2 Henrik have mentioned they will change it around to be more logical as a lot of the materials didnt make sense if you didn't know the lore behind why it was working in MO. My character was also to slow for kiting and was often left to die so i died fighting quite often. Lost at least 2 if not 3 full Tungsteel sets due to instant folds cuz we where quite badly outnumbered :ROFLMAO: Sometimes our guys managed to get away due to me holding them back so at least that worked out sometimes :D

There was many reasons our allies chose to take on the keeps. Some of them i think Aralis even payed for and they took it on request to hold it while we use it to fight from. Sometimes it was even those guilds request to get a certain keep spot from our enemies, so that they can set up a place to fight from. You can see it as FOBs. Im sure they knew as well as us, that RPK would attack them. ELY i think had 4 different keeps to fight from during the wars if not more. They had top keep, demon keep, ELY/Odin island Keep and before that Mohki keep. Pretty sure they dont feel like we used them. They always wanted fights and they got them.

Anyway have a good time in MO2 not that far off now :)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Ibarruri and Jakkob

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Just stating this bluntly.

The Brotherhood Without Banners will not tolerate any group of any kind, especially those seeking to usurp some kind of power they don't have.

I'm looking at you Teknique, whether it is hearsay or not I'm aware of you talking about a massive group already plotting trying to control something that you wont be able to handle especially at the scale MO2 is (Granted, if the game doesn't go persistent and is horribly balanced and unfun).

I'm looking at you Ibarruri, tradesmen and merchant guilds are some of the biggest rats in the game. All your kind does is either put out marked up shoddy wares or just pull strings far enough back that you take no heat when shit hits the fan.

I'm looking at you Eldrath, still representing ZEAL in this case, I probably would see eye-to-eye with you the most on the idea of 'player safety' and how far it should go. But regardless, some silly monument, made up gods, and yelling heretics wont save you.

Should the game go along on a healthy path to shaping up into something playable, I will make it my goal in MO2 to never allow the political landscape of the game to slide back into some shitty two-party war.

I will always be the third party, regardless of the conflict.

I will steal from you, I will grief you, I will scam you.

So with all hope, I do look fondly on the idea that Aralis could potentially come back. Just another group deserving of being subjugated by freemen, who will always be free to do as they like.

dont worry sir. Your wishes will come true, I have a lot of information about great houses that are coming back, great warlords.
I'm sorry you have a poor view of the few traders in this community.
Well ... I always tried to offer the highest quality items and services! Either way, I like your enthusiasm and determination to take your place in MO2 history.

I am very interested in seeing what the brotherhood will be capable of without banners!

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

Yes.
True, people chose violence and brutality over collaboration and progress, but part of the freedom in Myrland consisted of that. In being able to choose.
As a trader always try to promote civilization and cooperation. I supplied entire cities and gifted mountains of gold, weapons and armor, but still in the end, people tended to anarchy and chaos. Myrland has always been like this and I doubt it will change.
The bonds of resentment and hatred are much stronger than those of brotherhood. Look now at this post, all reproaching each other for old quarrels. Violence is already in the air.
When it comes to creating empires, it is a logical part of great power. Growing excessively until someone puts a limit on it.
I always believed that maybe one day someone could rule everyone, but it had to be someone loved and respected. Someone to take us to the next level of evolution as society and prosperity.
A man who had no power, but received it from the people of Myrland.

I always believed that Ichorus was that man. Unfortunately, my master is gone, leaving our world orphaned of his wisdom

Reactions: Jakkob

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Maybe it's time to put the past behind you guys, and embrace this new time without resentment. I have enemies in Myrland too, but I have decided to forgive and forget them. I no longer have any resentment. I don't even plan to go armed, to be honest haha
Let's just create a new world and give others a chance to show their best.
Let no one be excluded or belittled. Let's just write our own story, one more time.

I think this community will do great things.

Reactions: MaDeuce

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I'll to simplify it as much as I can.

Imagine you were brand new to the game and you went to Mohki. Then you didn't get griefed by ID

That was the difference

Well, yes, you would. Unless you joined them or bowed to them. Again, same as all the other guilds I´ve listed.

Anyway, I´ve made my point. In the end it´s more about the definition of griefing. You are basically using "their" definition which they used to vilify others and paint themselves in a good light. With GUTS everything was very obvious, very on the nose. ID was more subtle. But they are the same. One using less exploits than the other though.

My point is that all heathens are the same and should repent.

The gods love you - and they want you to know.

Last edited:

Jakkob

Oct 14, 2020
Well, yes, you would. Unless you joined them or bowed to them. Again, same as all the other guilds I´ve listed.

Anyway, I´ve made my point. In the end it´s more about the definition of griefing. You are basically using "their" definition which they used to vilify others and paint themselves in a good light. With GUTS everything was very obvious, very on the nose. ID was more subtle. But they are the same. One using less exploits than the other though.

My point is that all heathens are the same and should repent.

The gods love you - and they want you to know.
Very true, anti-rpk never truly existed as those guilds still griefed, just in different ways. Most of the time I saw them grief it was out of paranoia tbh, if you were to go through ID land with a molva and bags even just to farm think again. Or some guilds would bend their own rules momentarily to do shitty stuff. It's just all shades of grey and how much benefit a guild can get out of certain things, as the facts are almost everyone wants to be on the top regardless of how they run their guild, or how they portray running their guild.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Very true, anti-rpk never truly existed as those guilds still griefed, just in different ways. Most of the time I saw them grief it was out of paranoia tbh, if you were to go through ID land with a molva and bags even just to farm think again. Or some guilds would bend their own rules momentarily to do shitty stuff. It's just all shades of grey and how much benefit a guild can get out of certain things, as the facts are almost everyone wants to be on the top regardless of how they run their guild, or how they portray running their guild.

Running a guild based on ideals rather than just common interest is probably the hardest challenge of all.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Wow this thread brings back the memories! Depending on your side of the coin, there is a lot of truth in the words above.

With Forsaken, we tried to balance the our playstyle to accommodate every one. Though we ultimately failed and were brought down from the inside, the politics and agreements were still fun to create and enforce; there was a lot of meta gaming going on for sure.

As for "carebear" mechanics that supposedly destroyed the game: I think while it mess the game up for one subset, it increased the playabilty of for others. My biggest complaint was, and still is, that there were to, too many.....cheats that were allowed to be exploited. TC, for example, was a great addition in my opinion but implemented completely wrong.

Anyway, I guess we'll see how MO2 shakes out. While feeling familiar, the new maps size and style has made the game feel fresh.....kinda epic. I just hope we don't go down that same rabbit hole.

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
As for "carebear" mechanics that supposedly destroyed the game: I think while it mess the game up for one subset, it increased the playabilty of for others.

While I do agree with you on a lot in your post I would like to know which subset you mean? Cause I think the majority of players that have a been active for years - both crafting and fighting minded folks - came here for full loot thus meaningful conflict and skill determining the outcome of battles - thus enabling sandbox play. They loved the interaction those two pillars of the game provided.

TC and the mount patch chipped away at those and undermined the original vision that people came here for in the first place.

Or, to take it in other terms: Do you think the players whos playability increased are a viable consumerbase? Because the numbers don´t look that way.