Aralis Enters the MO2 MMORPG Arena

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
Epic is all that can be said to describe the entrance... It is as if a beast was disturbed, awaken from a long slumber to the smell of tainted troll blood.. Bring your rage, sharpened to tear through and shed light for enlightenment. In the end... its the trials and tribulations contributed from the collective that will out wit those of simple mind trolling . :D? *Spoiler* https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7628459 *Spoiler*

• Haha
Reactions: Shin and Ibarruri

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Spinning the same narrative about how "psychos" killed Mortal Online. This gets repeated by his lackeys on Discord as well.

The irony is that it was actually him and people like him that suffocated the game. Hopefully @Henrik Nyström will not be led down the wrong path this time around. We need more of the original vision, not less. This time around SV seems capable of implementing it better and must not cave in to the carebears who want to change the game into something else.

Mo1 was on it´s way towards becoming another trammel and I´m glad they are gonna pull the plug and go back towards what made players fall in love with in first place.

Aralis can play minecraft on his private server where no one can ever kill him. I´m sure there is fishing macros there as well.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
This is one of the biggest fan boy posts I've seen in a very long time.. I mean I'm all for more vets coming back to play in MO2 but the OP was just way to over the top, cringe.

Reactions: Jakkob

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
It is clear that his name still lingers in the memory. If no one would talk about him. On the other hand I doubt that anyone has influence over Henrik and others. I have also donated money to the game and it would never occur to me to demand or demand anything. I just limit myself to commenting and debating like everyone else. Then again, come on guys, I don't think Aralis could be that bad. Sometimes legends are just that, legends. I think there is a lot of myth in this whole thing. In relation to the old legends, the great guilds etc.
I highly doubt that starvault is manipulated by any player. Maybe I'm wrong of course, but I don't know, I don't see it clear.

Reactions: a.out

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Say what we will about Aralis but he's one of the few people who chose to create something rather than take it from others.

It seems where he went wrong was pursuing revenge

and not realizing that in war a danger there is, of losing who you are.

Jakkob

Oct 14, 2020
Say what we will about Aralis but he's one of the few people who chose to create something rather than take it from others.

I would say that he wasn't out to destroy like others, however he legitimately tried sectioning off a whole area of the map just for himself which essentially really would be taking away from others in a sense. He's an empire-builder first and foremost.

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the guy by any means but he was no saint like many think he was.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I would say that he wasn't out to destroy like others, however he legitimately tried sectioning off a whole area of the map just for himself which essentially really would be taking away from others in a sense. He's an empire-builder first and foremost.

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the guy by any means but he was no saint like many think he was.
[/QUOTE

I remember that I was a recruit in ES when they took me to see the great wall that I believe aralis. It sectioned an important part of the map. It was crazy hahaha. Although it was an ambitious idea, there is no doubt. Very interesting.

Reactions: Jakkob

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020

Where do you think is the difference between what ID did, or say [ODIN], [AQ],[QUAD], [GUTS]?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Some people in dark alleys say Aralis took the game from them. Could be another rumor, but some reports do verify the validity of said rumors contents.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Where do you think is the difference between what ID did, or say [ODIN], [AQ],[QUAD], [GUTS]?
They invited people to live amongst them without killing them.

They were a counterbalance to RPK which everyone later complained about. In short they did what others weren't willing to and others benefited from it

They walled off Salvia island and otherwise remained fairly isolationist to the Mohki area, they weren't really an empire guild.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Some people in dark alleys say Aralis took the game from them. Could be another rumor, but some reports do verify the validity of said rumors contents.
I'm not sure if you're reffering to stock holder voting share or the Aralis patch, but i've been extremely critical of the Aralis patch and the spiritism patch which Aralis was a big fan of. That doesn't mean that i'm going to say he was a scroacher, killing nakeds for their common myrtus.

• Wow

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I'm not sure if you're reffering to stock holder voting share or the Aralis patch, but i've been extremely critical of the Aralis patch and the spiritism patch which Aralis was a big fan of. That doesn't mean that i'm going to say he was a scroacher, killing nakeds for their common myrtus.
What I know of Aralis and his influence on the game is that he used any way necessary to get his way in regards to MOs well being and its future.

This was evident from his suggestions and posts in discussions regarding the game.
Me being here from the very beginning and being very active throughout my active years of playing, have seen the entire development and at a certain point MOs development switched toward more carebear mechanics than the ahrdcore nature it was meant to be. Aralis used his guild/alliance numbers as threats like AQ did during that disaster to sway SV over.
MO was barely living for so many years and blackmailing SV to gain your way have been done by big alliances/guilds since the beginning with CIR.

He was a lawful player so no he didnt play the roles of criminal or murderer but he had way more bad impact than most players simulating murderers/criminals while playing. He was and might still be against the very fundaments of MOs design.
MO is meant to be player driven and hardcore, not AI driven filled with safe zones and personal guardzones. That was the first thing SV said back in 2009.

You can say for example that RPK single handedly killed MO at steam launch but lets be honest, Aralis actions and the influence of that did have a big part of MOs death.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
They invited people to live amongst them without killing them.

They were a counterbalance to RPK which everyone later complained about. In short they did what others weren't willing to and others benefited from it

They walled off Salvia island and otherwise remained fairly isolationist to the Mohki area, they weren't really an empire guild.

Being a counterbalance to another powerhouse - that´s what all the guilds I´ve listed here were.

ID also blew up everyone that did not ask their permission.

They remained fairly isolationistic - true. Till they stopped being that. Like every other guild.

They had an arbitrary list tied into a shady program that told them who to kill and who not to. Is that the difference?

I´m not trying to pick a fight. Just curious.

He was a lawful player so no he didnt play the roles of criminal or murderer but he had way more bad impact than most players simulating murderers/criminals while playing. He was and might still be against the very fundaments of MOs design.
MO is meant to be player driven and hardcore, not AI driven filled with safe zones and personal guardzones. That was the first thing SV said back in 2009.

You can say for example that RPK single handedly killed MO at steam launch but lets be honest, Aralis actions and the influence of that did have a big part of MOs death.

I believe part of the wealth of ID came from smuggling somniferum in horse bags, which at the time were not searched by guards. This multiplied the gains from fishing macros. One could argue that using horse bags in that manners is an exploit.

What he and his followers did was worse than that though. They changed the equation from skill>gear to gear>skill - with the help of inadequate and delusional quality management.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Being a counterbalance to another powerhouse - that´s what all the guilds I´ve listed here were.

ID also blew up everyone that did not ask their permission.

They remained fairly isolationistic - true. Till they stopped being that. Like every other guild.

They had an arbitrary list tied into a shady program that told them who to kill and who not to. Is that the difference?

I´m not trying to pick a fight. Just curious.

I believe part of the wealth of ID came from smuggling somniferum in horse bags, which at the time were not searched by guards. This multiplied the gains from fishing macros. One could argue that using horse bags in that manners is an exploit.

What he and his followers did was worse than that though. They changed the equation from skill>gear to gear>skill - with the help of inadequate and delusional quality management.
I'll to simplify it as much as I can.

Imagine you were brand new to the game and you went to Mohki. Then you didn't get griefed by ID

That was the difference

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
They were an Empire guild that supposedly were lawful good in their eyes but they made their own law and it was not "good" for small guilds who settled where they didn't like or even any individual who happened to at any point in time appear in the database as a member of a guild they did not like, and those people were "lawfully killed".

Seek some kind of justice or retribution for this murder and then you login to your house having been ninja seiged...cool bro.

I didn't like that, seemed like they would use their "law" to justify whatever suited them, which is totally fine, just don't try to profess you're a "white knight" or whatever.

There's room for every type tho in MO, so long as one type doesn't have the ear of the devs or influence them away from the hardcore vision then I don't really care too much, if that indeed was true in MO1 then that's a real shame.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
What I know of Aralis and his influence on the game is that he used any way necessary to get his way in regards to MOs well being and its future.

This was evident from his suggestions and posts in discussions regarding the game.
Me being here from the very beginning and being very active throughout my active years of playing, have seen the entire development and at a certain point MOs development switched toward more carebear mechanics than the ahrdcore nature it was meant to be. Aralis used his guild/alliance numbers as threats like AQ did during that disaster to sway SV over.
MO was barely living for so many years and blackmailing SV to gain your way have been done by big alliances/guilds since the beginning with CIR.

Yes the fear of loss is a path to the dark side.

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail, combat wise hes an ultra noob and can only understand that game from that perspective, not too dissimilar to what we're seeing in combat alpha actually.

He wanted to preserve his idea of a living alternative reality world and seemingly pursued that goal at all costs.

I wouldn't contest that he killed the game with some of his suggestion in fact i've actively said the Aralis and Spiritism patches were the death blow to the game.

That doesn't mean that I won't give him some credit for at least trying to play the game to the benefit of others. Even if he failed. Just like i'll give anyone credit for anything, I love to give credit.

• Wow

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
They were an Empire guild that supposedly were lawful good in their eyes but they made their own law and it was not "good" for small guilds who settled where they didn't like or even any individual who happened to at any point in time appear in the database as a member of a guild they did not like, and those people were "lawfully killed".

Seek some kind of justice or retribution for this murder and then you login to your house having been ninja seiged...cool bro.

I didn't like that, seemed like they would use their "law" to justify whatever suited them, which is totally fine, just don't try to profess you're a "white knight" or whatever.

There's room for every type tho in MO, so long as one type doesn't have the ear of the devs or influence them away from the hardcore vision then I don't really care too much, if that indeed was true in MO1 then that's a real shame.

In myrland the concept of good and evil has always been a sham. the members of ICH were considered "good" but there was no good or bad, simply each one does what she should to achieve her objectives. Every great house that I knew, ID, RPK, DRED, or many others were always the protagonists and the good ones in its history, but there never was such a thing.
On the other hand, I do not think that any player has influenced the game so much as to modify the ideas of SV, although there were some really with weight and importance.
ID was neither better nor worse than DRED, ES, QUAD, RPK and so many great houses. They simply grew to great power, abused that power, and were swallowed up in the great wars of the past, like all great houses.
There will never be a way in Myrland for a power to last through enforcement. It's useless. Brutal force and threat are only useful for a very limited time. It is something that many great Lords, (including Aralis) never quite understood. It will happen again in MO2, it is inevitable, this land is like that.
The era of horror and great massacres will return. The lords will once again use the power of their guilds to manipulate history and destroy any chance for our society to advance.

I've always said it and I still believe it. Guilds are Myrland's cancer. And someday we will overcome that tribal phase and this land will organize itself in a different way, away from the conspiracies of the great puppeteers of Myrland history. Whether they are called Aralis, Killox, Aku, Khutara or so many and so many other great lords.

Jakkob

Oct 14, 2020
Yes the fear of loss is a path to the dark side.

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail, combat wise hes an ultra noob and can only understand that game from that perspective, not too dissimilar to what we're seeing in combat alpha actually.

He wanted to preserve his idea of a living alternative reality world and seemingly pursued that goal at all costs.

I wouldn't contest that he killed the game with some of his suggestion in fact i've actively said the Aralis and Spiritism patches were the death blow to the game.

That doesn't mean that I won't give him some credit for at least trying to play the game to the benefit of others. Even if he failed. Just like i'll give anyone credit for anything, I love to give credit.
Well put, he like many others had a "you're with us or you're against us" mentality. There were many idle hands while RPK slayed noobs, which was another contributing factor to what the game turned into. I wouldn't put the blame on anyone because in a way we are all to blame for it, MO1 was just an egocentric mess of backstabbing politics and hypocrisy to the max degree on all fronts.

Last edited: