Alvarin +10 STR for Bows still not giving true strength for bows (Patch 0.1.7.9)

Harshmellow

Aug 24, 2021
The wording of the patch notes implies the change to Alvarin bow clades will make them the equivalent of +20 STR for bows.

After significant testing, the Alvarin +10 str for bow clade gifts are still not giving the equivalent strength in all situations. for bows. To be clear, it works and removes penalties more-so than before but there is a particular case where it does nothing:

Example:

TEST 1:

78 True Strength with a bow that requires 77 strength and NOT with +10 STR Clades...

and

78 True Strength with a bow that requires 77 strength and WITH +10 STR Clades...

- Use the exact same amount of stamina to draw and hold.

TEST 2:

89 True Strength with both +10 Clade Gifts, giving what should be equal to true 109 STR for bows...

- Using a 108 STR bow, and using a 102 STR bow, uses the exact same amount of stamina.

It is widely known that you should have at least 3 more STR than the bow you are using to significantly reduce stamina cost. It looks like the Clade Gifts give STR up to the requirement of the bow, but then the benefits immediately stop. So in the example above, with the 102 STR requirement bow, and the characters supposed 109 strength, it appears that the game sees you as having the 102 required, but the remaining difference of 7 STR doesn't do anything.

This all may be as intended, but the wording of the patch notes implied the clade gifts would simply give the equivalent STR for bows. There may currently be a caveat to that in game. In practice it means the Alvarin can use a longbow at <109 STR in my example, but still not in an ideal manner for a foot archer, as you are still using significant amounts of stamina. It looks like we currently don't have the option of using a 102 STR bow, with 109 STR (with clades) in order to reduce the stamina cost.

Again, I acknowledge this may be as intended.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah Ives seen people stream their stam loss and its like the old bug we used to have in the past

Its defiantly not the same as how other clades use stam while pulling near weight max bows.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Just remove the archery clades from alvarin, they suck at it and its a waste of 3 clade gifts.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ya it needs to be fixed to actually work as intended or be removed. I keep killing alvs with bows and being amused because they most likely don't even realize that their class doesnt work properly. I get why they want alv to be good with bows. They are MO's elf equivalent, and in other game high dext elf builds are best with bows. But honestly Alv are amazing mages and are the speed build. They dont also need to be good with bows. Also, shortbows exist if you need to use a low str bow. And for lean, just dont bow, thats just a trade off for more speed.

Assuming they are going to keep it, good post. I did lots of bow tests a couple months ago and found that it didnt work properly. I haven't felt like re testing everything so is good that others are.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah Its deff broken. Its not working properly. There should be no different in stam drain between a 113str clade and a 93 alv who has the gifts. Lots of gifts have been busted on ogh Im told.

Everytime the stam system is adjusted these alv clades get messed up like this

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It could be that you need to make post patch bows. I havent been on my archer to test this.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
The clades only remove the penalty from exceeding the strength requirement. It doesn't provide the benefit from having higher strength in comparison to the bow's strength requirement.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Harshmellow

Aug 24, 2021
The clades only remove the penalty from exceeding the strength requirement. It doesn't negate the benefit from having higher strength in comparison to the bow's strength requirement.
That is exactly how it used to work. The patch notes implied strongly that it would behave now, as true strength.

Exact wording of most recent patch:
  • Alvarin bow strength cladegifts now act as if you had +10 str.

Reactions: Woody

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The clades only remove the penalty from exceeding the strength requirement. It doesn't provide the benefit from having higher strength in comparison to the bow's strength requirement.
We had this talk before last time they broke bows. Henrik said they were supposed to perform the exact same as if you had the STR for those bows. A alv with 94 str plus clade would perform the same as a thursar with 114 str when it came to bows. Henrik has said this is how it was supposed to be.

Right now the bows are broken again, It happened last time they messed with stam.

Reactions: Ingwar Keogh

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
We had this talk before last time they broke bows. Henrik said they were supposed to perform the exact same as if you had the STR for those bows. A alv with 94 str plus clade would perform the same as a thursar with 114 str when it came to bows. Henrik has said this is how it was supposed to be.

Right now the bows are broken again, It happened last time they messed with stam.

I don't think it has anything to do with changes made to stamina directly, just that the strength vs bow req equation and what the gift is supposed to be adding to the calculation isn't functioning as it should or needs to be clarified if this is the intended design.

Harshmellow

Aug 24, 2021
Replying to my own post to say this is still not fixed, 2 patches later. I have submitted bug reports after each patch.

A reminder of why I care: Drawing a bow with these clade gifts uses
3 TIMES the stamina of having the equivalent true strength.

Reactions: Ingwar Keogh
D

Deleted member 44

They should just give the Alvarin a flat strength mod at this point.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't think it has anything to do with changes made to stamina directly, just that the strength vs bow req equation and what the gift is supposed to be adding to the calculation isn't functioning as it should or needs to be clarified if this is the intended design.
Last time they touched stamina was the first time the clade gift got messed up. They touched stamina again and what ever calc they used to match the stamina usage to that of being naturally 20+ str on a bow is not tuned correctly.

Ingwar Keogh

Mar 25, 2021
I dont understand why they didnt fix it yet despite many people bug reports. Is it really so complicated to make it works properly ? I play foot archer Alvarin and I also wait for str bow patch.