Alpha Patch Notes 0.0.0.9 Discussion

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
The new flagging system will be regional, faction dependent. E.g. you can enter Khurite Towns, but not Tindrem. And faction standing basically controls it.
Well it only says faction, not which faction or by what amount anyway.

Honestly when they were talking about Clade gifts I first thought of something like night sight for Blainn, Huergar and Sheevra. Which is something they talked about early on with MO. Not just some generic number bonuses. None of the ones in right now really seem to have anything to do with the specific clade.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Well it only says faction, not which faction or by what amount anyway.

Honestly when they were talking about Clade gifts I first thought of something like night sight for Blainn, Huergar and Sheevra. Which is something they talked about early on with MO. Not just some generic number bonuses. None of the ones in right now really seem to have anything to do with the specific clade.
I thought the gifts were the special clade abilities as well, that stuff is definitely planned as henrik mentioned the night vision stuff specifically, but that doesn't seem to fit in with this system at all currently

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
As long as there is something close with bright color it's pretty OK.
31URAJN.png

Is it me or was the charge timer on your swings insanely long there?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I thought the gifts were the special clade abilities as well, that stuff is definitely planned as henrik mentioned the night vision stuff specifically, but that doesn't seem to fit in with this system at all currently

Maybe this is just how the humans are going to work because they don't have extra abilities?

We will probably have to see other Clade gifts before we have an accurate picture of how it will be.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Hence it would be a good idea to know what kind of direction they are planning to go.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
They definitely have some work to do on the gifts, but it's a new system for them, so best we can do is give them feedback like mentioned here.

The fact that most of them are static stat increases is pretty boring, but I'm not sure what kind of things exactly are good alternates.

Maybe more like modifiers...like a gift that lets you recover hp when resting faster, holding your breath longer underwater, rezzing with slightly more health, slower hunger rate, quicker thirst recovery, holding a spell slightly longer, better magic resist, higher headshot dmg, slightly faster reading, gaining a little more skill from a book, slightly lower extraction times, slightly longer spell range, slightly lower aggro range, slightly lower bandage timer.

Not all of those are winners, some might be outright bad idk, just spitballing, but stuff like that so it's not overpowering but you can customize a little bit.

We also don't know how we're awarded these points or at what intervals so it's hard to say how significant the bonuses should be etc. Obviously we don't want them to be overwhelmingly strong because then you feel like you have to take a certain gift etc, but the more diverse the options the better, and I think since these are clade based then each clade should have different and some unique options.
I suggest you make a thread expressing this.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
@Herius @Sebastian Persson
Thievery is not in the skills window (unless I've missed something), can someone from SV please shed light on whether we can expect it to be added at a later date?
Also the Spiritism sub skill show up and collapse under Beast Influence in Domestication which is kind of funky.
Spear sub skills likewise show up under Combat Techniques. Some other skills for example under Zoology also show up in weird places.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
This is proof that the humans' special gift is protesting for more power...

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Guys seriously what was with the super long charge timer on Rhias' swings

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
This is proof that the humans' special gift is protesting for more power...
I haven't had the chance to look at the clade gifts and such. I like the idea of each race being more diverse past attributes but will be challenging to balance when your start talking about completely unique gifts. As of right now most races (humans mainly) aren't popular because of mid maxing your char. Gifts will help with evening the numbers between races. The problem lies when you still have a weak attribute race(s), they are now going to get very strong gifts to balance them. I don't know...

Rennuir

May 28, 2020
Guys seriously what was with the super long charge timer on Rhias' swings
they changed it this patch was in patch notes

it doesnt feel any different than b4 just a visual thing from what i can tell so far

edit:seems like the charge timer started way earlier before and now its start as soon as you can release it from what ive tested real quick