Alpha Patch Notes 0.0.0.9 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/alpha-patch-notes-0-0-0-9.180/

Added:
  • Expanded the World towards the West.
  • Added sound-fx for equipment breaking.
  • Added support for re-triggering buffs.
  • Added resting skill.
  • Added first iteration of the skill window. Please test it out and give us your feedback!
  • Added new system to limit view distance at night.
  • Added the Pig Farm between Tindrem and Fabernum.
  • Added the Tindrem Walls.
  • Added the clade skills and clade skill window. This is still a early iteration but it's up and running and we would love to get your feedback on it.
  • Added more resolution options.
  • Added mouse direction for thrust attack.
  • Kranesh now have some more rooftop jumping possibilities.

Changes:
  • Changed how settings are saved.
  • Cleaned up the settings options a bit.
  • Made etherworld sound a bit more spooky.
  • Getting pushed now has a cool down. (To prevent stacking pushing power)
  • Improved mouse precision sensitivity.
  • Updated night light intensity.
  • Improved the drag and drop for items.

Fixes:
  • Swing Charge circle now correctly displays charge power.
  • Fixed naming mixup on Bastard blade and Estoc Blade.
  • Fixed collision issues on rocks around rivers and other places.
  • Loot containers now have fixed positions. (Should solve the issue with loot containers sometimes floating in the air.)
  • Fixed collision on tiny tree stumps that players could experience as invisible collision.
  • Rotated Priests to not look into walls and other weird directions.
  • Fixed issue where items would sometimes become invisible when you re-logged.
  • Moving UI now constraints it to the window. Hopefully fixed the issues that happened when you moved UI on a larger resolution or in a strange small resolution.
  • Fixed issue with moving UI while in windowed mode.
  • Fixed a lot of typos.
  • All windows now save their positions after being moved.
  • Fixed issue with right clicking on equipment not always working.
  • Connected action bar keys with the action bar.
  • Priests can no longer be used when you are alive.
  • Fixed issue with equipment being dragged always counting as a delete request.
  • Sorted out rotation issues on NPCs.
  • Fixed issues when rotating the character in paperdoll fullscreen.
  • Reversed the sun direction.

Known Issues:
  • Re-logging without closing the client will break chat.
  • Some foliage in colored forest is missing again.
  • Selecting a Clade Gift requires double clicking on them.
  • Activating a Clade Gift does not always visually show the effect.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Nice!

I am not able to check it out yet. But was female characters added? I don't see it on the notes and the wife is looking forward to when she can have a female character.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
@Herius @Sebastian Persson

Thievery is not in the skills window (unless I've missed something), can someone from SV please shed light on whether we can expect it to be added at a later date?

Also, the night is way, way too dark. Before this patch it was just right, now it's almost like staring at a black screen. We need torches!

Rhias

May 28, 2020

Thievery is not in the skills window (unless I've missed something), can someone from SV please shed light on whether we can expect it to be added at a later date?

Also, the night is way, way too dark. Before this patch it was just right, now it's almost like staring at a black screen. We need torches!

As long as there is something close with bright color it's pretty OK.
31URAJN.png

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i hope this is something we can learn from MO1, making the nights super dark just forces people to up their gamma settings. IMO it was incredibly annoying to have to do so, i really hope this trend doesnt continue for MO2.

reducing the render distance instead is an interesting idea but the viewable area should not be so dark as to be un-navigable. it just promotes using gamma adjustments to see further than intended, and giving benefit to those that do vs those that dont.

night shouldnt be a time for players to logout because its stupidly dark and they cant get anywhere, and even if they do they're at a disadvantage unless they adjust their gamma.

-barcode

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
i hope this is something we can learn from MO1, making the nights super dark just forces people to up their gamma settings. IMO it was incredibly annoying to have to do so, i really hope this trend doesnt continue for MO2.
I mean you could do what Escape from Tarkov does and that's ban people for using the GeForce shaders to cheat gamma

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Couldn't log in too, it says server is unreachable. I'm guessing it's down for urgent maintenance, or something.

Issues with the login servers... Henrik is able to log in. I'm able to log in. Most others are not able to log in. For whatever reason...

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Offline tests - best tests.

It would be nice to get some info on what is being planned in terms of clade gifts for all the different races.

Last edited:

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
It would be nice to get some info on what is being planned in terms of clade gifts for all the different races.
also from the video i seen it looked like the 'gifts' got more generic as they went out from the center. stuff in the 3rd ring was all very generic 'increase' of the various attributes. also the cost didnt seem to increase when moving up rings, so if you get 20 points you can get more than half of the 'gifts' for your clade (30 total), which seems a bit much. i think a lot of balance will need to happen here

-barcode

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Offline tests - best tests.

Nah I want this to be spoiled here. Let the gifts be gifts lol.
Wait for release please SV!!

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
also from the video i seen it looked like the 'gifts' got more generic as they went out from the center. stuff in the 3rd ring was all very generic 'increase' of the various attributes. also the cost didnt seem to increase when moving up rings, so if you get 20 points you can get more than half of the 'gifts' for your clade (30 total), which seems a bit much. i think a lot of balance will need to happen here

-barcode
To be honest they all look pretty generic and increasing attributes a bit doesn't look that interesting at all. I would have expected it to be something more interesting gameplay wise, not just some number increases. What does faction standing even mean?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
To be honest they all look pretty generic and increasing attributes a bit doesn't look that interesting at all. I would have expected it to be something more interesting gameplay wise, not just some number increases. What does faction standing even mean?
The new flagging system will be regional, faction dependent. E.g. you can enter Khurite Towns, but not Tindrem. And faction standing basically controls it.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
They definitely have some work to do on the gifts, but it's a new system for them, so best we can do is give them feedback like mentioned here.

The fact that most of them are static stat increases is pretty boring, but I'm not sure what kind of things exactly are good alternates.

Maybe more like modifiers...like a gift that lets you recover hp when resting faster, holding your breath longer underwater, rezzing with slightly more health, slower hunger rate, quicker thirst recovery, holding a spell slightly longer, better magic resist, higher headshot dmg, slightly faster reading, gaining a little more skill from a book, slightly lower extraction times, slightly longer spell range, slightly lower aggro range, slightly lower bandage timer.

Not all of those are winners, some might be outright bad idk, just spitballing, but stuff like that so it's not overpowering but you can customize a little bit.

We also don't know how we're awarded these points or at what intervals so it's hard to say how significant the bonuses should be etc. Obviously we don't want them to be overwhelmingly strong because then you feel like you have to take a certain gift etc, but the more diverse the options the better, and I think since these are clade based then each clade should have different and some unique options.