Aggressive stance for lance?

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
Does anyone know if aggressive stance will increase mounted combat damage for melee? The skill does not level if you fight while mounted which has me questioning if it affects it. I don’t have the time to test such a thing and my points are very tight, I wouldn’t subtract them from elsewhere unless I knew if it did affect mounted melee. It does however, level up if I poke with my lance while I’m on foot.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
aggressive stance and damage bonus doesnt work for MC and Henrik said its not planned to.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
aggressive stance and damage bonus doesnt work for MC and Henrik said its not planned to.
Do you think maybe Henrik misunderstood and thought we ment mounted archer? It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what he thought and has no idea mounted melee is poo. But if your right then it’s a sad day today for me.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
LOL if damage bonus doesnt work for MC. Unless I'm mistaken agg stance never worked for mounted in mo1. But damage bonus not working either kidna makes vela the best MC, which is aids.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Do you think maybe Henrik misunderstood and thought we ment mounted archer? It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what he thought and has no idea mounted melee is poo. But if your right then it’s a sad day today for me.
No he speciflcly said no damage bounus would be applied to mounted combat like lances and sword swings because historically do dont swing them, you just let them hang to hit the target. Or couch the lance.

But Henrik says a lot of things and is only a semi trusted source of info.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
So you use a stance while sat on your arse?

View attachment 3854

Oh... My bad....

Henrik, time to get the stances ready for mounts XD
Well one could say you would hold the lance in a more proper position for better damage or angling the blade of your sword better on horse. Not sure what the wording is in the description of the skill in game at the moment but to be fair many of these skills don’t tell you jack. All I know is it said increasing damage of melee weapons in the description. Maybe for “stance” I squeeze my cheeks more for proper impact lol

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Well one could say you would hold the lance in a more proper position for better damage or angling the blade of your sword better on horse. Not sure what the wording is in the description of the skill in game at the moment but to be fair many of these skills don’t tell you jack. All I know is it said increasing damage of melee weapons in the description. Maybe for “stance” I squeeze my cheeks more for proper impact lol

"+0-3 more and +0-5% extra melee damage. " That's the in-game description and it is under the skill name "Aggressive Stance".

so +0-3 more and +0-5% extra melee damage while standing. (Stance in name implies the standing)

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
"+0-3 more and +0-5% extra melee damage. " That's the in-game description and it is under the skill name "Aggressive Stance".

so +0-3 more and +0-5% extra melee damage while standing. (Stance in name implies the standing)
Well if you want to be picky and acting like I’m a idiot then we can go to terms that a “stance” is also a “position” and when sitting you can be in a different “stance” hence the horse riding stance or “horse riding position” don’t give Henrik the time of day defending his crappy UI and in game skill descriptions. Your character doesn’t change stances in game, your character doesn’t change with controlled riding or swift riding, your character doesn’t change with defensive stance. Now does defensive stance work on horse? If it does imma crack a smile

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
horse riding stance

you mean like the horse riding stance in martial arts?

images.jpg

Notice they call these stances, referring to a way to stand in combat. Not sitting on a horse.

Well if you want to be picky and acting like I’m a idiot then we can go to terms that a “stance” is also a “position”

I wasn't. First reply was joking about. Second post I informed you off in-game description as you said you didn't know it. I also shown you a way to comprehend what it meant.

Or will you argue next that Mounted Charge should work for foot soldiers as well... we're all mounted on the planet >.<

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
you mean like the horse riding stance in martial arts?

View attachment 3857

Notice they call these stances, referring to a way to stand in combat. Not sitting on a horse.

I wasn't. First reply was joking about. Second post I informed you off in-game description as you said you didn't know it. I also shown you a way to comprehend what it meant.

Or will you argue next that Mounted Charge should work for foot soldiers as well... we're all mounted on the planet >.<
If that’s the case then I apologize, Atleast from what I understand position and stance can have similar meanings since they are both forms of postures and while riding your feet are planted in the reigns which you can put pressure on to change your position. Although mounted charge is for mount velocity I feel like there should be a sub catagory of it for footman so if you spear a mounted person you should get the speed bonus for it as well, unless that’s already a thing.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
Hmmm I’ll have to look at stamina regeneration while in combat stance and see if I don’t regen more stamina While my weapon is out on the horse. It would make sense it doesn’t but can’t trust whoever codes the game on whether or not I will or won’t

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

What you just described is the skill with that weapon and mounted charge. Not aggressive stance.

Reactions: Midkemma

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
What you just described is the skill with that weapon and mounted charge. Not aggressive stance.
True, but it seems mounted charge is more about getting 100% of your weapons damage or Atleast not getting reduced damage cause at 0 charge you do like…Jesus, 12 damage. With 100 mounted charge and 100 mounted combat I get 89 damage to the head of a training dummy in fourth gear of my horse, on foot I get 91 damage with my lance while standing still . It’s silly that if I had agressive stance on foot that I would do more damage with my lance than on horse with my lance at full speed

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
True, but it seems mounted charge is more about getting 100% of your weapons damage or Atleast not getting reduced damage cause at 0 charge you do like…Jesus, 12 damage. With 100 mounted charge and 100 mounted combat I get 89 damage to the head of a training dummy in fourth gear of my horse, on foot I get 91 damage with my lance while standing still . It’s silly that if I had agressive stance on foot that I would do more damage with my lance than on horse with my lance at full speed

That is against a training dummy... which means you will hit a player for about 40. It is nerfed from way back, thanks to the golden rod of yesteryear. When mass of the weapon + velocity of the rider + strength bonus lead to damage well north of 200 with a handle hit.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022

to be honest, MC needs a bonus attack and knockdown cuz la horse running at 88 km/h and a lance is a pure destruction for any person or animal

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
That is against a training dummy... which means you will hit a player for about 40. It is nerfed from way back, thanks to the golden rod of yesteryear. When mass of the weapon + velocity of the rider + strength bonus lead to damage well north of 200 with a handle hit.
Idk about head damage to a player but body shots on a dummy are both 56-61 on mounted and foot and against a naked player. Haven’t landed a headshot on a player yet with the lance, just body. But it seems on foot the head does more. For reference im using flake stone heads, haven’t tried cuprum yet but I’m working on it. But yea someone in reptile mercenary armor im only gonna hit them for low 20’s more than likely

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
to be honest, MC needs a bonus attack and knockdown cuz la horse running at 88 km/h and a lance is a pure destruction for any person or animal
We are missing ALL knockdowns. Including dismount knockdowns. According to Henrik from one of his streams, it is being worked on, they werent pleased with the way it worked in MO1 and want to adjust it in MO2.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I been doin MC. I think it works. Might be placebo or small ticks to charge/combat, but both are near max and I'm not full clade so I've gotten lil ticks up like striker, +2 str, etc, gonna get the last one with +1 size +1 dmg. The ONLY problem I have w/ MC atm is the weight is fuckery. I made some Jade axes of different types and the fact that it wouldn't let me use a jade 3.6 wt wep was really wack. It doesn't even drain my stam. About 20 blunt 30 slash tho and MC would be hitting good nuff. I'm not gonna touch lances cuz I feel like lances (while they were a cool flavor at first) are benefiting from a broken mechanic. I'm hitting like 30s vs bone armor w/ an incis axe on a proper swing. Would like to be able to hit steel for 30 (altho I dunno if it's still so easy to parry like it used to be, that kind of negates it.)

Whoever decided lances should be the MC wep is a fool, legit. They should have their use, but the meta wep? Much less skill. It takes more skill than you think to zoom around, hit people w/ good arcs, esp now with squishier mounts. I know I'm still getting used to it, not that I was ever good. But it's fun. Cuz you gotta make sure to charge the swing right so that you don't overhold it either and kill your dmg. Thinking of trying bluntz if nothing else. I also wanna know if there is a hard cap on MC wt or if like a 121 str (opposed to my 110) could wield better MC weps. I still like having +100 dex tho so I'm not so cumbersome. Like I said Jade/Cronite level axe would be perfect. Before, you could use even messing stuff... I dunno why you can't use 5wt or whatever if you are strong enough. Those would be some real banger hits if you could, though. That's the main thing stopping MC from being OK. You can hit mobs for good dmg or prol horses, but vs a player, the dmg just isn't enough to take what would be a return strike (not to mention the possibility of arrows.)

Def would like to know, if anyone wants to test, all you have to do is pick up some weps and get on a horse and take them out... can you hold heavy weps as max str like ogh or Thur? Like I said a brute double kall of jade would be <3

Edit: I can hit for more than 90 dmg on a dummy or a mob ;) w/ a flake DK. Not even in 4th.

Edit2: basically without allowing for stupid heavy mongodmg lances, they need to open up the wt for MC and I'd be OK with it. Even tho I know it's playing at a disadvantage, you'd at least be able to bang some hits in some circumstances.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
I been doin MC. I think it works. Might be placebo or small ticks to charge/combat, but both are near max and I'm not full clade so I've gotten lil ticks up like striker, +2 str, etc, gonna get the last one with +1 size +1 dmg. The ONLY problem I have w/ MC atm is the weight is fuckery. I made some Jade axes of different types and the fact that it wouldn't let me use a jade 3.6 wt wep was really wack. It doesn't even drain my stam. About 20 blunt 30 slash tho and MC would be hitting good nuff. I'm not gonna touch lances cuz I feel like lances (while they were a cool flavor at first) are benefiting from a broken mechanic. I'm hitting like 30s vs bone armor w/ an incis axe on a proper swing. Would like to be able to hit steel for 30 (altho I dunno if it's still so easy to parry like it used to be, that kind of negates it.)

Whoever decided lances should be the MC wep is a fool, legit. They should have their use, but the meta wep? Much less skill. It takes more skill than you think to zoom around, hit people w/ good arcs, esp now with squishier mounts. I know I'm still getting used to it, not that I was ever good. But it's fun. Cuz you gotta make sure to charge the swing right so that you don't overhold it either and kill your dmg. Thinking of trying bluntz if nothing else. I also wanna know if there is a hard cap on MC wt or if like a 121 str (opposed to my 110) could wield better MC weps. I still like having +100 dex tho so I'm not so cumbersome. Like I said Jade/Cronite level axe would be perfect. Before, you could use even messing stuff... I dunno why you can't use 5wt or whatever if you are strong enough. Those would be some real banger hits if you could, though. That's the main thing stopping MC from being OK. You can hit mobs for good dmg or prol horses, but vs a player, the dmg just isn't enough to take what would be a return strike (not to mention the possibility of arrows.)

Def would like to know, if anyone wants to test, all you have to do is pick up some weps and get on a horse and take them out... can you hold heavy weps as max str like ogh or Thur? Like I said a brute double kall of jade would be <3

Edit: I can hit for more than 90 dmg on a dummy or a mob ;) w/ a flake DK. Not even in 4th.
There was a test done by that pve guy on YouTube with all the tutorials and it seems like for weapons you aren’t couching you need double the str requirement for the weapon you are using since it’s considered one handed. For couching a weapon it’s some bizarre math that takes your str and you divide it and get the weight of the weapon you can use. For 107 str I can use like 3.4 weight for couching or somewhere close to that. Apologies for not knowing the source but I’ll find it today